Broker that allows account to go negative (Crazy question)

Hey guys,

Long time reader, first time poster/register. I have what I’m sure will appear as a crazy question… but I thought I’d post here as a shot in the dark anyway.

As we all know, one of the in built safety mechanisms of forex trading is the broker’s margin requirement… this prevents (except for in extreme cases) your account from being able to go negative and rendering you in a situation of owing your broker (i.e losing more than your initial deposit)

What I’d like to know is if anyone has heard of a broker that would allow an account to go negative, with a special arrangement to settle at years end. This isn’t something that you would find in the faq of a brokers site naturally, but if anyone has heard of such an arrangement, I’d love to hear about it. I can only imagine the requirements if the topic isn’t already completely laughable (credit, proof of funds, etc) but, again as a long-shot, I thought I’d ask. :slight_smile:

Many thanks.

97% of brokers will close your trade as soon your margin is over.

Question: for what do you need such conditions?

If you are going to trade with good money, you can find some brokers.

A suggestion: Send email to 20-30 brokers with this question, explain your plan, and you will get a solution.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the reply mate. I know that some brokers will permit “custom” account settings in special circumstances. I’ve spoken with Oanda and am going to be using an “over the counter” setup through them that is the next best thing. It’s not absolutely ideal, but it still meets my needs.

The issue with approaching many brokers is I feel like I’d really have to answer a ton of questions and ultimately divulge my trading methodology in order to even get consideration for such an arrangement. As I’m sure anyone here would understand… that’s not something I’m willing to do at this time :slight_smile:

So for now, I’ll be appreciative for what I do have access to and get to implementing my plan. It’s plenty profitable enough :slight_smile:

Thanks again.

Do you understand, that brokers aren’t willing to give you a credit-line just because you are handsome guy!

eh? Surely that would be enough! (And I’m sorry about calling you Shirley :wink: haha!)

Just as I understand they wouldn’t give me a credit line for my personal charm… it must be known that the credit line isn’t worth revealing trade secrets. My methods have averaged 22% a year (compounded over a 10 year period- 12% uncompounded) without it, but anything I can do to increase the % is worth a shot… IF it doesn’t mean giving away the golden goose, as it were.

In the meantime, I’ll keep chugging along as I am, but thanks for the input :slight_smile:

I see, you are very confident! That is very good. Can you explain who are you going to get negative balance?

Hey mate,

As an individual unashamed to admit when wrong, I have now realized that executing the method as-is is actually more effective long term without the need for a credit account. I’ve back-tested 11 years and now see that such an arrangement isn’t actually needed. I apologize for anyone’s wasted time in replying to my question.

Thanks for all the help tho guys, this is a nice community :slight_smile:
Cheers.

There is nothing to apologize for my friend.

Good luck!

Am sure some broker would give you a (presumably) small credit line…

Glad you don’t need it in the end!