Brokers fees and commissions

When selecting a broker the very first step is to consider the typical fees and commissions associated with their services.
do you think the same guys?

2 Likes

NO. The first step is to research into a regulated broker firm that is suitable for where you reside, and is seperating client money from their own by placing all account money into a bank.

This can be obtained by Google - best broker firms for ‘your country’ in 2023. It is imperative that the broker details that your funds are segregated from their funds.

3 Likes
  1. regulated by one of these (FCA - CFTC - NFA - ASIC)
  2. Customer service
  3. Your desired features
3 Likes

Definitely agree with Steve and Emi. :open_mouth: I think the first consideration should be whether or now they’re properly regulated. You want to be sure that the broker you’re entrusting your money with is legit, and you’d have a claim should there be any anomalies in your transactions. :thinking: I think all the other considerations follow. :open_mouth:

1 Like

I don’t think so. There are so many factors to be considered than fees and commissions.
Or at least they are not the very first step.

1 Like

Hello, Steve how you doin’? : )
It’s nice that you brought up regulated brokers here. But to me, finding an unregulated broker is not a big deal,because it led to them providing as many possibilities, such as having their own platform with minimal charges and fees.

To me customer service and responding asap is very important because I am seeking for my problems to be solved asap.
And as I answered to Steve an unregulated broker is not a big deal to me.

1 Like

Hello Ria.
How are you?
People think differently, of course, but when I was looking for a broker, I was concerned with the instant and reduced fees for deposits and withdrawals.

HI Amy.
What factors did you consider when choosing your broker?

It would be a big deal if the unregulated broker decided to help themselves to your account, which is a risk not worth taking.

I can assure you many regulated brokers offer minimal charges and fees - and keep your account money separated from theirs in a bank.

1 Like

No, for me its safety of funds.

Your life your choice Maya! I have friends who work with unregulated brokers for years but I don’t have a good experience with them.

I absolutely agree with what you say and understand it.
However, after doing some research, I found that unregulated brokers offer larger leverage and bonuses, er, promotions, and that if they wanted to be regulated, they might face some restrictions in specific circumstances.

So, What are your main criteria for ensuring that a broker can handle your money?

May I ask what dissatisfied you with the unregulated broker?

I have to be a citizen of the country and they have to have an insurance policy, for me thats usa and td ameritrade.

no, absolutely not!!

i think doing that is a very widespread and very misguided approach indeed, and the fact that it’s so widespread is a major contributor to the industry’s problems and reputation, and to trader failures, too

so i agree firmly with all the replies you’ve had above

i hope the three posts linked to below, and a careful reading of the threads they’re in, will also help you to completely reappraise this issue! :wink:

i hope that a careful reading of those three threads will change your mind about what you said above …

that’s definitely right, and it’s part of the reason why high leverage, bonuses and promotions are three big read flags warning you to AVOID such brokerages, because the reasons they have chosen to be unregulated (or lightly regulated, which is often the same thing, from the customers’ perspectives) are reasons that are good for them, not good for you

I got you.
to me as i said is the fees, I don’t want to pay too much.

what is wrong with me (haha) what i say is the wrong way.
also i really appreciate your mentioned links.
I will check them

The experience I had. I started with $500 and ended up with $1.51