Brokers in UK

Please can anyone help me with list of brokers in the Uk with good track records, offers micro account, low spread and above all, that can really be trusted with your funds and trade especially for a newbie.
Thanks

Just the question i was going to post, have been looking all over the net for the answers but seems like there are not that much in the uk.

Also i would like to know if i have a broker not in the uk how do i get my funds? will they still be put into my account in the uk - i dont use paypal-.

What are the advantages of a uk based broker thanx.

Check with FSA, it’s British counterpart for US NFA or CFTC—not really sure which one.

Yes, they’ll put it into your UK account. Just use withdrawal form they provided. And sorry about the last question, don’t know how to answer that since I’m not in UK.

The best I can do is name three well known UK brokers:

ODL securities
Alpari
GFT (US company, but with operations in the UK also)

Alpari brags that the first 5000 (not sure � or $) in your account is separated and therefore secure in the case of bankrupcy.

Do careful investigating before choosing.

Regards

hi,

Im UK based,

I use Alpari, have used saxobank

But i also use Oanda US based,

No problems with any of them

As long as they are regulated in their country you’ll be fine

as for the protection, as long as they are fsa regulated in the uk, the first 50k is protected! just as any of the banks.

Hope that helps you out

N

I tried checking on Alpari (UK). It seems there are a whole lots of issues with Alpari (UK), such as freezing platform, server problems, delayed executions, reqoute happening more often than not, platform opens an hour later than the Asian market opens on sundays…

Still looking into others though, any information relating to Uk brokers are welcome please.

Checked on saxobank( saxo capital markets), seems its not regulated in the UK. Its not listed on the FSA Register.
Besides they got a very bad review.
check it on forex brokers guide:
Forex Broker Review | Online Forex Broker | Best Forex Broker

Checked on ODL Securuties (UK). They’ve got long list of complaints against them by their clients on forex brokers guide review,but i find it troubling that with all these complaints, they dont have any disciplinary history with the FSA. However, they’ve got disciplinary history with the NFA in US.
Its just getting tiring picking a broker

You may want to remember that many of these bad reviews are written by people who busted out in forex and blame their brokers, even though the real reason for their failure is their own incompetence

Reviews are far from [B]the answer[/B]. In fact, most of the big brokers will likely work just fine for you, if you just know what you’re doing.

Hi,

I’m pretty certain they are regulated

2006-2008 Saxo Bank A/S London. Saxo Bank A/S London is authorised by the Danish Financial Supervisory Authority (Finanstilsynet) and regulated by the Financial Services Authority for the conduct of UK business (Registration Number 207519).

alos i use Alpari live and have not had any issues with them, freezing or anything like that - trust me if i did, i would have withdrawn my funds and moved on!

As for reviews i’d just be careful where you read them, if you look hard enough im sure you’ll find every broker out there will have a bad review, all im going to say is from personal exp - no problems with any of them.

I would guess most traders that loose - choose to blame the broker or just about anyone else apart from themselves!

N

Yes, as a citizen in Denmarks neighbouring country, I feel confident to say that Saxo Bank is regulated in Denmark.
Also, if I’m not mistaken, they have a white label partnership with Citi, providing the platform for Citibanks step into retail forex.

I’m not endorsing here though, just pointing out that they are regulated.

Thanks guys, i appreciate your input. For further clarification, which of these brokers do you think accept micro account, does not go against scalping and don’t limit the time frame or length of using their demo account.
Thanks

I have been using Alpari for around 18 months now (just micro lots, and just building up my account at the moment - so can’t comment on withdrawals).

I have been very happy with them, I think the demo lasted quite a long time - it did eventually expire, but then you can always set up a new one. I think most brokers where they take the opposite side to your trades would get a little annoyed if you were constantly scalping… try it but you may not be able to find anywhere offering microlots that will accept this!

Hi
Do you know how much bank charge you when you using them for withdraw I’m with Barclays I asked them but didn’t get any info. I’m a newbie using mt4 demo for a more then a month
If you guide me I really appreciate it

For tax reasons I would advice you to use Skrill or BTC for withdrawals, marking incoming funds as non profit, for example remittances you can one of the biggest costs I would say

I don’t have any idea for those 2,also which one for the best and trusted no minimum deposit forex broker for Uk