Brokers that offer multiple Platforms

For those here whose broker offers then a choice. Usually MT4, MT5, cTrader or Proprietary.
What’s your preferred platform?
Personally even though I’ve opened live accounts with multiple brokers. My favorite now is using cTrader platform with IC Markets.
What about you?

I’ve grown up with the MT4, moved to MT5 which suits my simple needs. As I’m adverse in covering my charts with a multitude of indicators, colours and lines, it suits my style.

I currently hold a live MT5 with IC Markets, but next month I’m transitioning to FP brokers as their Forex spreads show better value all round, as does Pepperstone, and Blueberry Markets, although the latter’s platform needs updating.

Maybe I’ll give C trader a whirl one day…

1 Like

I must say I do also hold other MT4 and MT5 accounts with different brokers. I’m just saying cTrader was a fresh and pleasant experience for me with IC Markets.
I have an MT4 account with Tickmill UK. An MT5 account with XM Global. Another cTrader account with Pepperstone, and 2 proprietary platform accounts with XTB (xStation) & Markets.com (MarketsX).
I would usually switch between these brokers from time to time for different reasons. I. E. Bonus promotions or different asset classes.
Currently I’m quite satisfied with IC Markets cTrader though.

Same here, IC Markets with cTrader.
I’ve been trying different platforms to try algo trading. cTrader is the easiest to start with. Because it supports C# and Visual Studio. Not its own domain-specific language and proprietary IDE
I don’t get why some platforms ree-invent the wheels. They definitely will not create in-house something better than already exist on the market, used by millions, which is already is very good and free to use. IMO cTrader took the right path here.
I went with IC Markets only because it seems the most recommended broker. E.g. in cTrader Telegram chat, all answers about recommended brokers include IC market.

Agreed with you here. Adding a touch or two or simply tweaking the already user friendly features in the name of technologically advancing the platform is mere bluff. I’ve been working with IC markets platform too but looking for something new just to break the monotony. Any thoughts on a few good names?

I’ve been trading with Avatrade and Turnkey forex’s act trader platform and it’s really good. Not tweaked but a truly advanced version of MT4 and MT5. With ease of access and navigation.

When you say better features, what exactly are you saying?

There are enhanced charting features that can be personalized according to your trading needs. You can also resize the menu and the analysis tools are simply great and better. Don’t wanna sound cheesy here but this platform works perfect for my trading style. Give it a try if you wish.

I’ve literally grown old trading on MT4. Heard a lot about MT5 being its successor but I guess all the technical jargons just left me confused. I’m an easy kinda trader. Though, lately, I’ve started trading with Act Trader and I’m getting used to it. It’s very simple and I believe if I find it easy, anyone in the world could.

I use Forexchief, it offers mt4 and mt5 platform. One can juggle between both of them. I have always used Metatrader from the start. Servers are pretty fast and custom indicators are easier to get and install.