Brokers

I am in the USA and I am new to trading. I have heard so many horror stories about brokers. Which broker is the best broker out there for me to use? Can anyone say?

Having a good broker contribute greatly to your success as a trader. I have traded with Oanda and profiforex . Profiforex is not based in US but accept US traders. They have a wonderful trading platform that i feel very comfortable trading with them.

What is your experience with Oanda? What kind of account did you operate and how much is their minimum deposit?

Unfortunately for you from a trading perspective you live in the US and have only a handful of forex brokers to chose from legally. The US has done a great job of making sure the US is in the same boat with North Korea, Iran and a few others and basically shut out from global finance for retail traders. Any of the three you can trade with are a bad choice in my opinion, but if I was forced to then I would either go with Forex.Com or Oanda. Alternatively you could find an offshore broker who accepts US clients, there is a thread here which lists the ones who do accept US traders.