Buckets - CCI and SMA trading Strategy

I have been working on a simply strategy using CCI. Buckets refers to the areas above and below the +100 and -100 lines. It is a simple visual method with rules for Long and Short Entry points. I have not tried it as an automatic system as yet, to test it. The rules are described in the following image. In each case you wait until the top buckets fills, a little (some accumulation), for a short entry, and the bottom buckets fills at little, for a long entry. The trend is confirmed by the SMA cross over.
For Long, wait until the CCI moves up passes through zero and the top bucket (accumulation) just starts to fill (this avoids errors).
For Short wait until the CCI passes down through zero. Waiting until the bottom bucket starts to fill is too late in many cases.
Keen to learn what people think of this method (still being developed).

1 Like

I ever used CCI. And i know CCI is excellent tool for scalping :slight_smile:

CCI will be far greater if we add filter or another tools like:

1. Right market session to get volatility
  2. Volume indicator or similar like that

If u make an EA for CCI, let me know too :slight_smile:

I would add a slope (+1,-1) on BOTH SMAs and the CCI as a filter.

I would also creae an oscillator reflected the spread of the two SMAs and use extremes to take profits and/or exit the trade. Otherwise it’s a better system than most I’ve seen.

I put together something based on a 10-Range of NQ but I use SierraChart so it’s probably not worth showing it because you use MQ or whatever free software it is.