Building my own EA

I’m basically tired of playing with commercial EA systems, and dealing with scams and nonsense. Truth of the matter is, we KNOW there are profitable EA systems out there, but none of us will ever get our hands on them – unless we build them ourselves.

To that end, I’ve been brushing up on my MQL4 programming skills and developed an EA based on a bunch of indicators I like. This baby trades a lot, trades accurately, and works on just about any currency pair, across multiple timeframes. When it misses (and that’s not often), we still trade with the trend, so eventually it comes back into profit.
Essentially its at the point where I can have about 30 charts running trying to trade, although money management will dictate how many exactly. Grinding away on 30 charts in demo shows some interesting results!

It’s not perfect though, so there’s still a lot of work to do on it… but my demo results look good. It still needs some checks and balances and some more testing.

…and there’s no way I’m sharing this.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that the best way of EA trading is to learn how to trade, then learn how to program and do this yourself. Don’t rely on some commercial holy grail to show up. Even if one of them turned out to be amazingly successful, the sheer number of people using it would attract too much broker attention.

the sad truth, is this is what i have started doing. the best i can get right now is 70% profitabity. i be willing to go live if im in the 80’s. let me know would it goes

What I am discovering rather quickly is that its possible to make an expert advisor that simply BLOWS AWAY most of what is commercially available out there as long as you have a SOLID trading system to work from, and (since you are the author of your own work) you are able to analyse setups and tweak the trading rules to deal with any shortcomings and anomalies.

After that it’s all about good money management.

Most professional traders simply rely on Moving Averages and Fibonacci retracements. The trend is your friend, and as long as your system has good entry and exit points, you can rack up the pips like nobody’s business.

Then it all comes down to your programming skills and TIME. You need lots of it to hone your abilities here and bugfix your work.

Yesterday, I doubled $2000 in about 3 hours with my EA. Unfortunately it was all demo money, and my work still needs some tweaking… but when I’m prepared to go live with it, there’ll be no looking back!

How’s that EA buddy?