BumaSoft's Market Model

by this do you mean that if we are looking for longs and there was previous demand area but it got sliced through on the previous bearish move down prior to the most recent bullish move, then it is effectively wiped the slate clean and it doesnt apply anymore right?

Yes, that is correct!

M15 view:

M5 view:

M1 view:

Stop Loss: 10 pips
Exit: +20 pips

Reasons for entry:

A. I saw price bouncing from an M15 demand area. The area was pretty wide, so I did not enter a limit buy order there, because the stop loss would have been too wide for my risk appetite.

B. Going down to the M5 chart, I noticed a nice, smooth bearish move, then an attempt to form a new demand area, as price was consolidating in a tight range and displaying higher lows.

C. Going down to the M1 chart, I entered a long trade as price was moving from the main demand area, as seen from the M1 chart and as price was breaking a minor high formed there (1-2-3 pattern: minor low -> minor high -> break of high).

Reasons for exit:

Price was at a DBD (drop - base - drop) consolidation area and already at 1:2 profit margin. As this was a 1 minute chart scalp, I took my 20 pips for the day. If you look at the chart, you will see that after my exit, price went down 20 pips back to my entry point, before recovering and moving higher, so the exit was well chosen.

If you have questions, let me know. I rarely trade more than once a day and if I do, I don’t take more than 3 trades. It’s part of being disciplined and keeping the greed in check.

I know it’s late for this one, but here’s a hindsight view:

Hopefully, I can catch some of you areas in useful time! :smiley:

Trade #1 for today, lost 8 pips

Trade #2 for today, won 14 pips partial profit and 5 pips on the other part

You can take a look at the M15 chart and see what areas I traded. Overall, a tiny loss for the day (money-wise). Back tomorrow :slight_smile:

Anyone still trading this method or looking for the easy way out? :slight_smile:

Here’s a bunch of pips I snatched just a few minutes ago. Exit was a bit early, but I can’t complain about 22 pips from a 7 pip risk, can I? It’s EUR bank holiday, so I am taking my profits quickly:

Hey man Top, good to see you =>

Easy way out? I do have one particular method. Its a old one, but works well for me; counting candles.

Hey, Rel. Thanks for stopping by :). Yeah, there are a few exit strategies out there, but none perfect. From my experience, it’s better not to get greedy and be happy with what you get :smiley:

Cheers!

I still look at the S&D stuff when I get time at the weekends but still cant seem to get my head round it (although im getting better I think). My problem is that I have to trade pretty much exclusively the dailies due to work/time, cant watch the charts the rest of the time and dont feel comfortable leaving pending orders. I focus mainly on PA around key levels which just involves a quick scan in the morning and thats it for 24 hours.

Would welcome suggestions as to deal with this as I have no doubt about the effectiveness and logic of this approach

Hi!

Dailies are fine, but you’d have to mark your S/D’s on the daily, weekly & monthly. You don’t have to use pending orders. With my 1 minute trading, I actually watch the PA as price moves into a level, then take a market order as it leaves it (if the pattern inside it was a reversal pattern). There are numberless ways in which you could use these. One of the most effective for me is to use areas from a higher timeframe (I use M15 for the 1 minute) and trade them based on the PA on a lower timeframe. The targets and stop loss are also set based on the LOWER timeframe, so basically you’re not greedy and the chances to bank a few decent pips are increased. Since the stop loss is based on the lower timeframe as well, the risk/reward ratio is still good and I usually get 2, 3 or 4 times as much as I risked. Makes sense?

yeah absolutely and that is definitly how I would trad the lower time frames if I could (as in levels on higher tf and drop down). But thats the problem I cant watch the charts and so have to trade the dailies or above and then just on the close not as it unfolds. Would you say that just marking zones on the weekly or monthly and then watching how the PA unfolds around the level on the daily close would be ok? For example it goes into the zone, closes for a few days inside the zone and then a strong bar that closes outside in the zone in the desired direction is the trigger…

Hope that makes sense I have had a few beers lol

Yep, that’s exactly how I trade the one minute, using PA patterns formed at or inside the area. So I actually wait for a bunch of candles to close and for that cluster of candles to be some sort of pattern screaming that it will break out from there. Then I take the order as price leaves that PA pattern, so on the daily you could do this using pending orders and just check after every bar closes. It’s the same thing, really. Makes sense?

Yes it does thank you. I will do my best to post up several weekly charts along with the corresponding daily chart this weekend. Some of the zones on the weekly are absolutely enormous so I assume that we drop down to daily and mark off the zone within a zone there?

Spot on :). I’ll help out with the zones ones you post your charts. Cheers!

Hi, guys!

You won’t believe this, but I just found out the quickest way to double your money. I will reveal it to you… Are you ready? A nice man named Will Rogers told me this. Here goes:

[B][I]”The quickest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back in your pocket.”[/I][/B]

I just doubled my money as I was writing this. How cool is that? LOL! Just thought I could share a laugh with you guys and ridicule the cheap marketers a bit.

Enjoy your trades!

What a great thread! I have read it once all the way through and saved the PDF file.

I printed out the PDF so I could make some consolidated notes(basically post #33 on page 4 with some) for each graded area while checking the charts. Makes it a little easier than switching windows when grading. I feel like I got the overall intention of the model here but I have some closer studying to do once I get more free time. Overall, I like what I am reading and anything that is interesting is always more fun to learn :smiley:

Thanks

Thanks a lot for your feedback! It’s nice when I feel that someone’s really benefitting from this :). I hope you enjoy your trading and whenever you have questions, chart examples, trade problems, just let us know. There’s a big chance of a free weekly Friday webinar coming up soon. Will give more details here when I have all the details setup.

Cheers!

OK this stuff is finally starting to sink in. Went through some charts yesterday and was really starting to identify the best bases. It is fascinating to see price create and then move between S&D zones and while there are obvious similarities between this and S/R trading, there are also big differences. Looking at the S&D explains why the S/R often works way better than the usual explanation of ‘lots of other market participants are looking at the same areas’.

TL - just wanted to chime in here with a THANK YOU as well. I stumbled on Sam Seiden a couple of months ago and my world has never been the same. But for whatever reason, the way you teach it and the way you score it make it easier for me to see on a chart. I just wanted to let you know that for every one like me that sends a thank you, there are probably 10 more that benefited without saying thanks.

Here is an image I took of EUR/USD this evening. I am looking to go long at the second demand level. I had to dig into the M5 and M1 charts to get a nice tight region to wrap my levels around. After doing my analysis, I score it an 18+ so I entered a limit order. Will wait to see what happens. Here is how I scored it.

1. Angle = 2
  2. Profit = 3
  3. Price Absorption = 3
  4. Time Absorption = 1
  5. Fractality = 2
  6. Bricks = 2
  7. Fresh = 5
  8. Obstacles = ??
    Score = 18+

Thank you.

GJ

geejaypippy, comments like this make my day brighter :). Indeed, that looks like a pretty good level to trade. In this case, I’d probably wait for some kind of confirmation entry for no other reasons than the area being so tight. Price could spike down to my stop before going back up. I’m also watching 1.2954-1.2970 demand area if price does reach it these days.

By the way, I’m leaving for Barcelona for a short vacation next saturday, so I can’t start the webinar this week, but Friday, 14th June will be my first free weekly webinar. I will monitor the live charts, explain my ways of trading and pick out good levels with you guys. I’ll give you all the details next week. Meanwhile, enjoy your trading! :slight_smile: