Calculating pivot points

Hello, just another nab here. I’m just wondering how other traders plot their pivot points. Do people do it manually or is there some kind of indicator out there that can do this stuff for you. Thanks :slight_smile:

Some charting packages bundle it up with the platform, so I don’t know who you use but it is worth asking. I am with eSignal, there are umpteen drop down menus letting me add all sorts of indicators, one of which is Pivot Points. I just pick whether I want daily, weekly, monthly, whatever and it saves them to my chart. So I would ask whomever provides your charts, you never know your luck…!

It costs $150 a month, I think that that is the only reason that some people say that it suits more experienced traders better, as the trading income covers the cost. The package itself is very easy to use - there are lots of indicators etc included, but the basic chart is very clean and straightforward. I have used it from day one and find it very intuitive, with lots of stuff included, so I stuck with it. I have tried other packages and just did not like them as much, so to me it is worth the money. Obviously, though, it does help to have an account size that means you don’t feel the cost - on a small account it would not make as much sense.

But my point was more that it would be worth exploring with your charting provider whether they can supply a PP calculator; the fact that it is included with mine made me think that it was worth exploring.

If you look at threads What Every New… (always in first page of newbie island) first page you will find a very decent, i dare say above average pivot point indicator for mt4 and excel spreadsheet for manual calculation, of course google has plenty of those.

Hello,

Rather than calculating pivot points manually… you could go to the forexpros website and you will have them all automatically.

Hope this helps.

I use this website to see if my pivot points are correct believe its updated daily.

Forex Pivot Points - Free Daily Pivot Points and Camarilla Levels

Davidlee, if this helps, I’ve been trading 7 years, as of the 20th of this month. I still use only MT4. I used E-Signal for awhile. Their customer service is excellent, but their software did not make me a better trader–JMO.

There are also free indicators that will plot them automatically on an MT4. I have my own proprietary set that I trade with and someone made an indicator for me.