Pure Price Action For Dummies

That’s no surprise Nikita. I’ve been thinking for long enough that you trade with a crystal ball…:18::smiley:

the same company that makes esignals makes another piece of software called advanced get. I’m not entirely sure how my post was cryptic or confrontational. I didn’t ask for a system nor did I label you a “forex educator”.

Cryptic in that it made no sense, confrontational in that it implied a slightly random negative surrounding eSignal when I was simply answering someone else’s question. It was you who mentioned forex educators and systems, I just didn’t understand it, or why you quoted my post. It’s fine, we don’t all need to understand one another around here.

I thought you guys trade directly off the broker’s chart’s… What’s this e signal about ? Why don’t we use the brokers charts ?

I’m here on babypips to learn about forex, not get into arguments, so it’s my interest to understand everyone. There is no need to respond to my message as this conversation has clearly strayed from the thread topic.

A few posters in this thread are clearly confused so maybe you could directly address them? I think we could all learn something from the pros about broker charts and esignals

I’ll attempt to reply to this since I may have found the answer. I haven’t had a chance to read all of this but will do later.

I know discussing esignal maybe going a bit off the thread but as charting is the ‘Bible’ of reading PA I think the diversion is completely justified.

The real question is whether an independent feed for charts makes that much difference for reading PA. I have 4 brokers I look at for charting and apart from TF’s of H4 and above, they all give the same reading.

Does esignal (or any other for that matter) actually give a better insight or make PA any clearer than what you receive from a broker. All the bells, whistles and indicators can be found on any MT4 with any broker so that is no advantage. Not that it makes a difference as the way that we should be trading is without all the bells and whistles anyway.

I’d be glad to hear from others who have traded PA using both a broker and an independent source to know if it is worth the investment.

Thanks,

Or maybe you’re just here to prove how clever you are? You’re certainly wonderful at forum research and multi-quoting. Communication skills…not so much. Ftr I still don’t understand your original post about the $6000 fee.

To others who have asked, eSignal is a charting package, quotes currencies, stocks, commodities etc. It costs me around £100 a month, it has never crashed or jammed in three years, it’s fast, intuitive and ultimately very easy to customise. I can get the charts looking just how I like them, save my settings, show several timeframes simultaneously, it gives me all I need. As the only business overhead (I’d have a computer and Internet anyway!) the cost seems reasonable to me. It’s less than my SL on an individual trade each month - obviously the cost seems more or less worthwhile depending on our own trading experience. I trade for a living so I just want a top package.

In terms of comparison with broker feeds - erinsunc, I know that you asked that - I have only ever been with one broker as I, very happy with them - slippage once in over three years! - and eSignal is streets ahead of their charting. It is better than other packages I have seen others using, but my main experience is just eSignal and one broker feed.

I don’t need it to trade - a chart is a chart - but it suits me so well and is so flexible that it is worth the cost to me. After all, I do this for a living and don’t need to fund premises, staff, consumables etc.

I hope that helps and Niki, sorry if the to-and-fro detracted. Happy for people to PM me if they wish, or ask me stuff here if Niki thinks it relevant. I don’t have my own thread as this place isn’t worth the grief, these days!

ST

And ftr it’s pretty stalkerish to search my old posts and then presume to post them on here en masse as some answer to a current question, either answer stuff yourself or let others speak for themselves or you’ll find yourself struggling to make friends around here. Particularly if you haven’t even read them - hardly a great contribution to the learning experience.

I trade of a brokers chart, just not my own broker. E signal? Dont know what hat is.

I don’t know if I’m allowed to post this so apologies if not, but for anyone interested this is their website:

www.esignal.com

HI.I tried to follow things thats on this thread,but not doing to well.Is It only me or more the political scenario.Maybe things changed since the start of the thread?

stefan relax and enjoy the thread. I think there was a misunderstanding here. It happens.

As far as charting I used to used many different broker feeds and all are different in terms of price. I have found since switching to FXCM that there charts and acceptable to me and I have only been using the tradestation charts. I will say though that charting feeds do make a world of difference when reading price action. Preference plays a huge role here but the feed itself is very important. Such as when looking at the daily a 5 candle week IMO is very important. Also a couple pip difference in feeds can make a difference when reading candles on smaller time frames. How much of a difference depends but it can make a difference.

I have played around with esignal a time or 2 with there free promotions for I think 30 days or something like that. It is nice. If it is worth the price honestly I do not have enough experience with them to comment. Again preference goes a long way. Just like paying to learn forex some feel its worth the money and some feel its a waste since everything you need is right at your finger tips.

Anyhow I will quit my pointless post here I just wanted to state my opinion on charting feeds. It is a very valid topic on price action IMO.

Thanks Bob, I’m thanking as I was the one asking the questions about charting feeds.

I am using 3 different broker charts for different timeframes myself but something occurred to me. I can understand that candles can appear different on different charts due to opening and closing times but the thought I had is the Surely the price at any given time should be the same on any chart regardless of whether or not it is a broker or Indi feed. If this isn’t the case then we are at a serious disadvantage and are basically being lied to by our broker which can cost us money. I guess the only way to know that would be to correlate prices which is almost impossible for us mere mortals. The only thing we have to go off is the experience of others.

I just wanted to comment on the misunderstanding that seems to be happening recently. I think at times some posts get lost in translation between ‘us’ mother tongue English speakers and others for whom English is a second language.

For example Stefan1 has written:
“HI.I tried to follow things thats on this thread,but not doing to well.Is It only me or more the political scenario.Maybe things changed since the start of the thread?”

I read this in a way that was more about the recent behaviour of PA in the charts rather than a comment on the tone of the thread.

I’m also thinking that although being direct, Satunya was just trying help with his posts and not particularly looking to rub anyone up the wrong way. I’d like to believe that anyway.

Let’s keep the Karma good, and the vibes friendly. There are quite a few of us ‘newbies’ who are taking trading very seriously and are looking to glean lessons and info from you experienced guys and I really do thank you for your replies.

I also read Stefan’s post as referring to politics impacting on the currency market rather than referring to any issues within this thread, but it is open to interpretation either way.

I have lived and worked overseas on a number of occasions, in three languages, so do try to be flexible when I think that any bluntness etc is due to reasons of language.

ST

You must keep in mind it is not generally the broker lieing per say but rather spreads are going to differ from broker to broker and this will be shown on your chart. So even though the broker is giving you an accurate feed they will all differ most of the time. On the daily chart this will not effect you much. But on a say 15 minute chart it can make a difference if spreads widen from one broker and not another. This can and will change the formation of a candle. All you can do is either get a broker with the lowest spreads possible or like ST and go with esignal (or someone like them). That way I dont think spreads can effect those charts (I dont think anyway). So in time of liquid markets and low spreads most brokers will be close to the same but it times of news events and low liquidity when spreads widen there can be a big difference in price feeds.

Price moves seem to be out of whack these day’s. No much reliable setups. Not sure how other’s are doing though.

I have not done to bad but I have been struggling so far. All I can say is dont try to knock them out of the park. Just aim to get on base. :wink:

Thank’s everybody.Sorry I didn’t try to bag anyone,and my spelling is shocking I know.Thank’s Bobmaninc for reading between the lines.Ok back to the important things in life like forex.This is how I been trading(trying on demo only)1 look for short and long term trends on daily and weekly and previous daily candle.2 find s&r levels on daily and weekly.3 When price closes in on s&r look for rrev candle following the trend or waiting for pullback towards a s&r level.4 Tp and Sl set on 35 and 25.OK GUYS WHERE AM I GOING WRONG ?I do try to use correlation but finding it very confusing(can anyone help).I normally enter a trade on the 4hr chart so should Ilook for s&r on the 4hr chart aswell.Any advice would be much apreciated.
Cheers Stefan PS I’m an older Swedish born Aussie that’s my excuse anyway

Economic intervention will always cause price to move in erratic ways. The eurozone crisis has been nothing but a pain in the posterior for PAset ups.

Its not been easy to find setups, let alone set ups that give 1:2 or more RRR.

Only reason why EU has not been falling like GU is because of The trioka and countries like greece and now cyprus.

Money is kept moving around suddenly, large amounts of it, causing disorder in the market.

Its a tough time not to loose money.