Calculating profit

Can anyone calculate the profit/loss on those trades?

Open time:

February 21, 202310:49 AM

Close time:

February 21, 202310:49 AM

Open price:1836.6

Close price:1831.51

Lots:0.02

S/l:0

T/p:0

Commission:-0.2

Swap:0

Open time:

February 22, 202311:43 AM

Close time:

February 22, 202311:43 AM

Open price:1840.7

Close price:1833.75

Lots:0.48

S/l:0

T/p:0

Commission:-4.8

Swap:0

Thanks in advance

Best,

Drazen

Hello drazen,

I don’t think you specified whether they were buy or sell trades, so I could calculate the profit or loss but I wouldn’t know which it is a profit or a loss… no big deal.

The oanda company has a nice page that they produced that explains the calculations that allows you to calculate your profit and loss of any pair.

The Euro USD for example is an easy pair to calculate profit… for every 01 lots you earn or lose 10 cents per pip.

It gets a little more complicated with crosses but not that much.

The formulas on the Samantha page can easily be mocked up in metatrader or in your favorite Excel chart.

If you get stuck writing the calculations just shout at me and I’ll see if I can help you I am an experienced programmer.

Also please note that the oanda company uses a different system besides lots… they trade in what’s called Unix… I forget how the units system works but you’re going to find that a thousand units is the equivalent of 0.01 lots on metatrader or something like that anyways…

Also there are many other profit calculators online so if you will just go to Google and search for forex profit calculator you will find many and quite a few of them have the actual calculations described on those pages.

Thanks for your answer.

Best,

Frank

Hello Frank,

Lete try again… I’m only right now going to calculate the first of the two trades that you posted up above.

(I think this is correct, I tried it on a demo account of metatrader)

Open price:1836.6
Close price:1831.51

Price movement: $5.09

If you are trading 0.01 lots, your profit or loss would be $5.09

In your post you did not specify if you were buying or selling so I don’t know if you’re at a profit or a loss.

Since you were trading 0.02 lots, then just multiply that 5.09 by 2 and you’ll get your total profit or loss.

$5.09x2=$10.18

Then subtract your commission charge and you’re done.