Calling MT4 script from Excel

I am trying to figure out how to call an MT4 script when a signal is received from my trading program in excel.

So for example, if A1 = “Buy”, I’d like to trigger buypair.ex4 script on my MT4 platform.

Any ideas how I can do that?

no idea. Why dont you just run an EA that will trigger a trade signal ?

The system is already running and generating signals in Excel using macros. I would need to program an EA which I don’t have experience doing. Instead I thought it would be better if I could just pipe the orders based on the signals from the excel file and trigger ordering scripts on MT4.

Why don’t you get Excel (VB script I assume) to send you an email and you manually setup the order? I know it’s not automated but allows you to scrutinise the trade before, so reduces the fakeouts…

That is one option I can try in the interim but I would like to get to full automation so I can test it and make tweaks. Eventually my goal is to have this be fully automated.

Thanks for your response folks!

If anyone else has ideas or sample code, it would be really helpful

The best I found - and only - is from fx1.net called Excellink. Although not perfect, it allows you to read or write to and from from any cell in any sheet. Drawbacks? Only one workbook/file open at a time…

I am not attached/related to fx1, but am happily using their free products - of which they have quite a few. Sounds much better than paying EUR249 from this other advertised product.

I am not sure if MT4 has ActiveX. But it is possible to make EA, which reads excel. Also it’s possible to use DLL, which reads excel in EA. And another way - use Autoit. It’s easy scirpting language.

If you have generate signal in excel, I will do it for you, auto send signal from excel to mt4

Thanks