Can $150 Billion Plan Boost Faltering U.S. Growth

The Bush administration proposed as much as $150 billion in corporate investment incentives and personal tax rebates to counter escalating risks to an economic expansion now in its seventh year.

``Passing a new growth package is our most pressing economic priority,’’ President George W. Bush said yesterday.

Bush separated the plan from his push to make his past tax cuts permanent. That suggests the administration and lawmakers may be able to reach a deal more quickly, as Democrats warned against including an extension of the tax reductions in any package. Several Democrats voiced support for Bush’s initiative.

what do you think?
can $150 Billion Plan Boost Faltering U.S. Growth?
some economists don’t agree with that. they think 150 billion $ can’t boost the biggest economy in the word. it just help the revolution and change the people’s mind

You might like to sign up for John Mauldins free weekly newsletter thoughts from the frontline. It is outstanding commentary on whats going on in financial circles. He gives very cogent reasons why this didnt work last time and why it is less likely to happen this time. USA is heading for recession whether they like it or not and the issues go way beyond subprime. However there is no way the rest of us are going to escape either. Despite our outstanding economy Stevens as head of the RBA made it patently clear when speaking in London on friday that we will face our 7th successive interest rate rise in the setting of major inflationary worries for us concerning food (our 6th year of drought) and fuel. Hang onto your hats we are going to be floundering for awhile but there is opportunity in all of this. Read him (I have for over a year) I think you will enjoy it and learn a great deal

thanks so much
I’m going to find his Web and follow his news