Can anyone explain what just happened with EURUSD?

I’m still a newbie.

I am pretty sure the recent spike was probably caused by the NFE Change news that was announced just a few hours ago because that’s the only thing I can find to indicate the impulsive move, but I am still only learning technical analysis so I can’t make out how and what that did to EURUSD to cause the spike?

Anyone happy to pitch in?

I’ll try to help - ok on the short timescales there was a move lasting about 3 hours - for whatever reason - Often these moves Do happen at “News Time” - but there is some (a lot) of doubt as to whether the “News” causes the movement or something more.

Anyhow, moves happen and often the time of day / day of teh week may have some relevance ? Nobody can really answer the “Why it moves” questin with any certainty.

But in order to maintain a sense of reality, I show teh “daily” chart and today is the last candle. - looking at that, one could be tempted to say “What move ?”

However - in answer to your questin “Moves” Do happen - often at “News time” - although how to know which way either +ve or -ve News will send it.

Some adviisors recommend NOT trading at “News time” - others Love it !

I love the insight on the daily chart :joy:

There are many factors which could move prices in the markets such as News, Economic Data Releases, and Speeches by Central Bank officials.

For starters, it is important to pay attention to High Impact Events on the Economic Calendar.

There is also a possibility for price to spike at any point of the day even without any News or High Impact Events and is believed to be caused by Institutional Traders (e.g. Banks, Hedge Funds) whom were looking to buy or sell a large sum of currency within a short span of time.

I don’t see anything special on eurusd
please take a screenshot of what tout are talking about

If you are talking about the spike observed in EUR USD then you should know that it is something which is getting very common these days. Even with the increasing volatility of the market, this is something that will keep happening in the coming days.