Can I get some guidance?

Hi @coffee-and-danish I’m interested on this need.
I’m a developer, I have read lots of text and watch lots of videos and still feel newbie for lots of topics, for me this is a constant learning process.
I have already practiced on tradingview backtesting coding and on ninjatrader coding too.
My codes are focused on instruments more than on price action, it won be a problem to adapt them or create new.
Let me know from where do you think to start on this.

1 Like

Since you are a new; don’t try to go for automated trading or anything like that! Focus on only the manual trading; automated trading is risky!

Yes agreed! Manual trading would be more beneficial for you.

I think it’ll get clearer once you start practising on a demo account. Enthusiasm to learn this is great but you gotta spend time putting it to practical knowledge to master the art of trading and reach your goal.

manual trading is not risky? of course, it is, when you are new, you don’t know what works for you and what does not. You have to test many methods to discover it. Regards Greg

Doubtlessly manual trading is riskier than automated trading. But also, imo, manual trading should be preferred to be successful in the long run.

ok, two questions:

Do you have guaranteed that you will focus 100% on trading every day?

How do you want to test strategy when almost every entry and exit point is different?

1 Like

The right indicator for you will depend on your strategy, and the time frame of your strategy. For example, EMA is great if your strategy is based on scalping. On the other hand, RSI is useful for breakout trading. For day trading, Moving Average and Bollinger Bands give better results.