Can someone help me with entry and exit strategy?

I almost watched 100+ youtube videos to learn how to take intraday entry and exit but most of them are using lagging indicators,

Can someone give me tips or any pdf presentation on how can i enter or exit in intraday trading?

First at all you have to observe how they use the indicator. The same indicator becomes leading or lagging depend on how you use it.
Sometime we need lagging indicator other time we need leading one’s.

Different pair and time frame will also effect how indicator work. So the best way to learn a strategy by adopting the essence. Then backtest to find out how it work. If it doesn’t work on an instrument find other instrument.

Most strategies I found in youtube are craps. I have tried most of them and they fails in the long run. But there are few of them working with modification and I still use them.

I tested them by using EA, up to now, I had developed more than 1000 EA. The key is 
 keep looking and trying.

What do you think the main problem is, there: the fact that they’re indicators or the fact that they’re lagging?

If they weren’t lagging at all, but were much faster moving, do you think that would make the potential entries they signal more reliable and have better forecasting or predictive powers over which way prices will move?

Your focus on indicators suggests that you are seeking a strategy which depends on an entry signal given by the indicator.

This is a view taught by many writers and educators who are trying to sell books and indicators. But I don’t believe many profitable traders operate this way.

Hi.
So I’m guessing you don’t want to use lagging indicators?
And you have watched 100+ YouTube videos searching?
Maybe it seems you are hard to please.
I wish you all the best in searching for whatever you are looking for.
Unfortunately I can’t help you because I doubt you are trading futures with a good platform and good data that includes footprint and tpo charts.
If on the odd chance you are trading futures with a good platform and order book data then look out for order flow trading techniques.

No i am not looking for an indicator, i am learning price action, most of the youtubers showing 90% win rate using some $hitty indicators

1 Like

I dont like using indicators at all, i am now learning pure price action with just volume and 200 ema indicator, most of the youtubers showing their so called secret indicators to get 90-99% winrate haha thats not how forex works.

Can you share a mt5 EA with low dd? Scalping EA would be great .

I can’t share any of my property here. I got problem by doing so in other forums. Many asked and requested me and even insulting me by not helping them. Accused me wanted to sell something for my own benefit. I want BP to be a clean forum for me, I don’t want to have conflict anymore :slightly_smiling_face:

If you look topic inside Trading system, you will find there are the same conflicts here. :sweat_smile: I don’t want to be involve with similar thing

Just want to share, my experience with hedge fund in the past. I worked with few hedge fund before, developed their trading system.
Their trading method was slightly different, but they still made use of indicators. MA was the most used indicator, together with trend line. Even now, I still have contact with some of them, they are still using indicators. But of course, indicator is tools, you have to know the instrument and find which indicator works the best.

Most of us, look for indicator before instrument. We try predict an instrument base on indicator. The correct way will be 
 We predict what indicator is best for instrument’s price movement.

I use 200 ema and volume only to trade

Can you just give me a tips on how can I determine right entry and exit on london+ny session i mean what should i look for when i start analysing

You need to tell your profile and instruments. You cant use 200 EA randomly.

For example 200 EMA on D1 chart will tell you the average price in within a year. That means you focus on the global movement.
When you use 200 EMA on M15, you are targeting the price movement within 2 days.
The strategy for 2 days movement will be different compare to 1 year movement. It’s scalping / intraday vs swing.

If you are swing, you can have stochastic to help, since D1 is a very strong chart for most currency pair and XAU. But if you are trading BTC, it will be useless.

If you are not a swing trader, you probably need to use 200 EMA with timeframe lower than H4. Back again, your instrument. If you are using 200 EA on H4 in GBPJPY, it wont be so accurate. Better to use it on H1.

You can see, what to consider before we adopting a strategy / indicator as our trading tools.

1 Like

I want to do intraday and scalping only on xauusd

But confused on where to entry and exit please help me and give some tips

I’m sure that’s right.

Interesting! How do you discover the volumes of forex traded?

Might you possibly be confusing trading systems with entry/exit methods? They’re really very different things. Entries, in particular, are just about the least important component of a successful, profitable trading plan. It’s easy to imagine that if you enter trades “well”, everything else will work out ok. Unfortunately it isn’t so. My suggestion would be that coming to appreciate this and understanding why it’s so may be much more helpful to you than trying to find better entry methods.

2 Likes

So what your tips on trading xauusd [scalping and intraday]?

I mean how can i find entry and tp on intraday

I hope you know the risk of scalping XAU. It involves M1 chart.
Most scalping wont use MA (but some scalper use it). Most scalper using momentum based indicator, such as stochastic, MACD, RVI, RSI, RMI, etc.
Scalping with XAU take only 10-100 pips.

By having this specification, you can use Trendline only to find an entry point. You can use EMA on higher TF to look for trend. If you know how to identify market structure (by Price Action or SMC), it will be helpful.
The key is you must identify the trend in Higher TF and looking for opportunity in Lower TF. For example you look H1 structure to trade in M1 structure. By doing so you can have RR = 1 : 10.

If you are an intraday trading, you can have MA 50, 100, 200 on M15 to H1 chart. You need to observe how the indicator work and find out the trading stats that fit you the most. Additional indicator such as RSI and ATR will be helpful.

These are example how to compose a strategy. I can’t explain a lot, I will be flagged by other for making a long post. :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Kinly text me on tÌ€Ă«leğram̐ @samratr3

Price action is well supported by one or two moving averages, and possibly either MACD or RSI.

Forget the rest.

Remember that the basic principles of trading are simple - you are either going to buy because price has been rising or buy because price has been falling.

2 Likes

Indicators teach us price action.

Use them until you don’t need them anymore.

I am certainly not aware of even the remote possibility of an indicator that works so much better than any other.

For my money, a good volume indicator that displays the ratio of buyers to sellers is the one I can rely on most, even for price action trading.

1 Like

How can anyone tell the volumes of spot forex traded, when it isn’t a centralized market and there’s no way of measuring or recording them?

Doesn’t every transaction in every financial market have the same volume bought as is sold? Or are you suggesting that if I buy 3 lots of a currency, it matters whether one person sells 3 lots or 3 people sell 1 lot each? Sorry, not trying to argue, I just don’t understand why these numbers would be either available or relevant? Our counterparty is always the broker, anyway?