Can someone recommed a good broker for tradingview?

Can someone recommend a good broker if you want to trade with tradingview?

Look into oanda, I think itā€™s well regulated too.

Thanks for this. I had the same question in mind but did not ask it yet. It pays to read other forum questions / answers :slight_smile:

Yes, I use OANDA with TradingView as well.

Whereas I love their charts, but hate their difficult set ups in comparison with MT5, OANDA is the recommended broker for Trading View. Also, check out TraderNick on YouTube. Heā€™s changed to AI brokers, only because OANDA is not suitable for what he needs to expand his business ventures.

2 Likes

Thank you guys.

Iā€™m not sure what you mean here by ā€œtheir difficult setupsā€. I started my trading on MT4 but have never used MT5.

MT5 is an updated version of MT4, providing more indicators etc, if you need them. the transition from MT4 is painless.

It would take me weeks to get familiar with TV chart set ups, as Iā€™m a computer dinosaur - and as my two live accounts are running happily on MT5, Iā€™m not about to change.

But anyone new to the game could well prefer TV set ups - in fact I use their site to help me confirm currency pair strengths.

1 Like

Iā€™ve found that the more experience you get trading, the easier it is to adapt to different trading environments.

I still think MT4 is great. User-friendly, multi-chart displays and unlimited indicators, itā€™s completely free and most brokers support it.

The main reason I switched to TV was because I wanted ā€˜liveā€™ charts so I could open them up from different computers at different locations and just pick up where I left off. With MT4 /5 being a desktop app you canā€™t do that. However, youā€™re limited on what you can do with the TV free version.

Matty, I can open up my MT5 charts anywhere there is internet. Itā€™s just a matter of downloading the brokerā€™s platform and opening my account - and when finished, closing it down and deleting the brokerā€™s platform.

So it is possible, but of course there is a hacking risk; thatā€™s why I carry a miniature Asus laptop with me if Iā€™m going out for the day, where I can keep track of my trades.

1 Like

This is a very good point, and probably relevant to more members than one might think. Prior Covid19 I was used to commuting between 2 and 5 days per week and carried around my mobile with a fat external battery for those hotels that did not have good internet connections (many of them). Anyone on shift work, or remotely working on something else desparately needs to have 24x7 connection, and web based applications are the way to go. Of course you can access a PC via remote access, or even control an always on connection via a VPN, but nothing beats native web apps hands down.

1 Like

@steve369
@Mondeoman

Makes you wonder why brokers donā€™t put more focus and money into their own web-based platforms. Most are subpar at best. Maybe itā€™s cheaper just to piggyback off universal platforms like the MTā€™s and TV.

I tried using OANDAā€™s platform but it was very glitchy. Mind you, this was probably 2 years ago now.

I use FXCM. It is simple to use and has awesome technical tools. You will also find a lot of learning stuff out there like some educational content that will help you learn more about the subject.

I found this useful link for TradingView users. I have started to use TradingView paper trading account for testing. Useful because it could be a Catch22 situation. You donā€™t know which broker to use to open a demo account but at the same time you donā€™t know which charting package you want to use. Presumably, for newbies, the simpler the better.

I first used TradingView because of my cryptocurrency activity and my chosen information source Coingecko has TradingView embedded on their website. I found the interface very intuitive so moved on to using their free charts, then subscribed last month to their Pro service.

https://www.tradingview.com/support/solutions/43000479307-what-brokers-can-i-trade-through-on-tradingview/

What brokers can I trade through on TradingView?

We currently support the following brokers:

• TradeStation;
  • OANDA;
  • FOREXcom;
  • FXCM;
  • Alpaca;
  • Gemini;
  • AMP;
  • CQG FCMs: please find the full list here;
  • iBroker;
  • Saxo;
  • Tradovate;
  • HitBTC;
  • WH Selfinvest;
  • Alor;
  • IronBeam;
  • Tiger Brokers;
  • Capitalcom;
  • Currencycom;
  • Chaka;
  • Tickmill;
  • Global Prime.

You can also use our own Paper Trading simulator: trades are emulated on our servers and no broker account is needed for this.

1 Like

Are you still trading forex and crypto on tradingview at the same time?

I do not trade within the tradingview app. I use trading view for trade setups and to define entry points. I currently trade crypto currencies and not fiat pairs. I set limit orders on one of three crypto exchanges to buy and sell cryptos with zero leverage. I typically look for moves of 20% to 100% within timeframes of a few days to a few months.

Prior to 2020 I used to trade Forex on margin with funds at risk of typically 1 to 2 x ATR(14). It was the margin available, and the leverage that I chose that made consistent losses over more than 1,000 trades, that made me take a different approach. I sought a market in which I could make appropriate reward/risk decisions without an ā€œall or nothingā€ outcome associated with having to set stop losses. I found that in the crypto markets and have been consistently profitable since nearly two years to date

Thatā€™s great! Is the volatility of the crypto markets you think?

That sentence alone is out of context. Before that sentence, I said:
ā€œIt was the margin available, and the leverage that I chose that made consistent losses over more than 1,000 trades, that made me take a different approachā€.

In this context, I do not understand what you are asking. Can you try to rephrase ā€œIs the volatility of the crypto markets you think?ā€

Sorry, bad typo. Do you think its the volatility of the crypto market and specific cryptocurrencies that helped with your profitability? Or more margin and leverage issues?.

Yes, volatility. I did not use leverage at all, so hence no stop losses required.