Can we acknowledge the total and utter failure of Babypips?

This is probably the most popular education website for forex trading, and arguably the one with the longest history. And yet, it is also the most failed attempt at creating profitable traders out of every single other education services available - both free and paid.

• The course is outdated as hell. You are still teaching concepts that have long been debunked by research, such as fibonacci ratios being relevant and moving averages acting as support and resistance. Every other concept is presented in an oversimplified, reduced way that makes you think trading is a lot easier than it actually is.

• The authors that run the blog section of your website are either unprofitable, refuse to share a verified track record, or flat out misrepresent their performance and ignore the evidence against it (such as Robopip’s algorithms, proven to not work multiple times by coders and yet he keeps claiming they do).

• Despite the literal thousands of people who consumed your course, this forum is completely deprived of profitable traders. You would think that, after all of these years, you would see at least ONE person successfully trading thanks to Babypips. Instead nothing - just the blind leading the blind.

Babypips being free does not change the fact that newcomers come here looking for guidance. If the service you provide is unfit to teach trading, then you’re actively ruining their chances of success. You would provide a better service by shutting down and forcing newcomers to get an education from somewhere else, such as marketlifetrading - where the lead trader actually has a public track record, and the course offered is equally as free.

2 Likes

Babypips is responsible for guiding and educating new traders. But even well guided and well educated new traders will lose. The underlying weakness in new traders’ approaches to trading is their own psychological weaknesses. These cause them to take defined and unchanging views concerning what trading is and how to make a profit from trading - their zero experience does not stop them doing this. And when they find they are not getting rich within the first year of trading, they increase their risk parameters and blow up.

New traders lose because new traders will not learn.

4 Likes

What debunked research? If you can put up citations for those research papers/articles it would be a better argument. Various TA books, including this beginner’s book written by a CMT echo the course content on BP.

Here’s just two sections of the 2022 CMT level 1 curriculum:

Believe your research is flawed or incomplete given that this is the curriculum taken on by institutional traders.

2 Likes

You’re also promoting a website whose goals are solely meant for catering to a paid membership service. Yes, there is a free option, which mentions common new trader behavior traits and anecdotes for sign ups. This in turn, is used as a funnel to transition to the paid services.

The objective of the site you mention is completely different from Babypis, which is an open forum to discuss trading ideas. No strings attached.

If you haven’t found any profitable traders in the journals then that’s because you’re research isn’t stringent.

1 Like

Babypips is aimed at new traders. New traders are not like you (or me).

If you don’t agree with what I recommend for new traders, you could always post your own recommendations for new traders.

No, he’s trying to keep the discussion relevant to the topic, which you’re derailing.

Then get me on topic without insulting me.

He tried and I did too. If you’re unable to listen and apply it that’s your problem. Not ours.

Hahahahaha….who’s the troll?

Seriously? That is what you have to say? You must be a savant!

[quote=“Ematharon, post:1, topic:673096”]
spite the literal thousands of people who consumed your course, this forum is completely deprived of profitable traders. You would think that, after all of these years, you would see at least ONE person successfully trading thanks to Babypips. Instead nothing - just the blind lea
[/quote] how can you take serious your post when you make such a bizzare comment ,with nothing substantial to back your argument

Another guy who did nt get enough attention off his s patents

I don’t understand much of this post, sorry, so its impossible to make a sensible reply.

Oh dear it Saturday maybe it s his highlight of the weekend ,good for him

Too many people don’t understand what a forum is or what its for.

It’s obviously just another result of sour grapes , probably an ex user ect.nothing worthwhile in the post

How bizzare

1 Like

I gotta jump in on this and defend babypips.

They just give you the tools. It’s up to you how you use it. All babypips does is explain how to trade. It’s not a signal service.

2 Likes

Clearly a man of discernment and judgemental ability.

HAsn’y even been back to see if anyone answered - Ergo - It’s just a B>S> post to advertise some random website !

2 Likes

This is @Ematharon first and only post…go figure

1 Like