Can you learn to trade forex in a 2-day workshop? Has anyone done it?

mission Impossible :slight_smile:

you can learn to trade in 2 minutes or less, however getting out of the typical retail trader trading MO (buy at retail, sell at wholesale (and vice versa)) will take tens of thousands of hours. :Þ

I agree with most other replies here. Can you be taught how to trade Forex and make a consistent profit in two days? Highly unlikely. Personally, I know of others who have attended expensive courses and are much less successful than me. Although I’m not hugely profitable, I’m starting to do OK. I have attended FREE training seminars and free webinars provided by my Forex broker, which have taught me a lot. I have also read books and done some online courses such as the ones provided in Babypips. All the free information and about a years worth of demo and micro trading have been a very good education for me. At the same time I would say I am only now beginning to really ‘understand’ the market.

Save your money from courses, all the knowledge is around for free if you look for it and apply yourself. Use the money you would spend on a course on books and capital spread out over a couple of years. Imagine if you where going to invest in one of two companies who said they had the new cure to Alzheimers. The head chemist of one company had attended a 2 day chemistry course, the other head chemist was a self taught honourary professor of applied neurochemistry. Which one would you invest your money with?

In two days you can learn just the basic usage of the forex trading platform.But as trading is a practical thing, so to be a successful and skilled forex trader you should continuously practice for years.

Trading Forex involves know how to buy/sell and when to buy/sell. You can learn to perform the first action in a couple of hours. But the second part requires more time and understanding of how the market works. This could take you months.

Imagine learning a game of chess. How long does one take to learn and master the game? Probably a few days to learn about rules of the game. To reach a level of proficiency that enables you to go professional, IMHO for people with flair, i would say at least 3years, provided that intense practice was constantly carried out over the span of that 3 years.

I would never spend 2k on a 2-day course to learn something I can learn all online, through books, etc. That money can be used to fund your account. And then there’s no guarantee that the information will even be helpful to you. I agree with others that you can learn the “basics” in just a matter of minutes. You buy low, sell high…bam! Some people want the easy way out, that quick, fast money. Just take the time to learn all you need to know & the money will follow.

Give it ago - your p&l will answer this for you :rofl:

1 Like

Hello i learn your point and i’m looking for tutor