Can you learn to trade forex in a 2-day workshop? Has anyone done it?

I am a UK-based freelance journalist and I am writing a long investigative feature on the ‘learn to trade’ industry for one of the UK broadsheets.

I have read with interest some of the comments on this forum about companies that offer to train beginners (albeit for £2k on a 2-day course) with the skills to trade in the Forex markets.

Basically the article is: Does it work? Can anyone really learn to trade to forex from a 2-day course?

I’m keen to speak to people that have attended 2-day workshops organised by companies like Knowledge to Action, Investment Mastery, Tigrent, and others.

David

Not a chance, even for the most brilliant and insightful student. The guys who teach are good at marketing and catering to the public’s wishes. In other words they are in the business of dream fullfilment, not education.

1 Like

You can learn to trade forex in less than a day. It took me a matter of hours to do so. Trading successfully however, was a process that took years.

2 Likes

[QUOTE=“mastergunner99;496861”]You can learn to trade forex in less than a day. It took me a matter of hours to do so. Trading successfully however, was a process that took years.[/QUOTE]

It took me a matter of minutes… What took you hours to figure out how to place a trade?

you will get the basics down in a 2-day course and will have an idea about the Forex market. However, mastering the trade is a different ball-game. That requires at least 2 years of consistent, active learning, and deep pockets to withstand losses along the way.

Good luck.

I think as long as one understands that there is a lot of hard work to be done following the course then yes, a course can be a good place to start. A decent course, whatever is discussed during the original two days, will not then simply send someone out into the world expecting to trade profitably straight away. But with the right support, coaching etc following that course then yes, it can form a good and effective foundation.

i think… there’s a difference between simply learning to trade and making profits in trading… learning can be done within two days but when it comes to practical part means start trading and gainning profit is another faces of a coin, for that, needs continuous learning,deeply analysis, in depth understang of every ‘if and buts’ in trading etc…

[QUOTE=“canulearntotrade;496843”]I am a UK-based freelance journalist and I am writing a long investigative feature on the ‘learn to trade’ industry for one of the UK broadsheets.

I have read with interest some of the comments on this forum about companies that offer to train beginners (albeit for £2k on a 2-day course) with the skills to trade in the Forex markets.

Basically the article is: Does it work? Can anyone really learn to trade to forex from a 2-day course?

I’m keen to speak to people that have attended 2-day workshops organised by companies like Knowledge to Action, Investment Mastery, Tigrent, and others.

David[/QUOTE]

Of course you can learn in two days… It takes about 2 months to be very profitable and after about 6 months you have probably mastered it and are ready to begin teaching it to others.

You can learn the basics in a couple of days but that’s just half the battle. Putting it to practice and actually catching pips in the markets is a different story as experience and psychology play important roles as well. I suggest you practice through a demo account first once you’ve mastered the basic skills then moving on to real money once you’ve attained consistent profitability.

[QUOTE=“canulearntotrade;496843”]I am a UK-based freelance journalist and I am writing a long investigative feature on the ‘learn to trade’ industry for one of the UK broadsheets. I have read with interest some of the comments on this forum about companies that offer to train beginners (albeit for £2k on a 2-day course) with the skills to trade in the Forex markets. Basically the article is: Does it work? Can anyone really learn to trade to forex from a 2-day course? I’m keen to speak to people that have attended 2-day workshops organised by companies like Knowledge to Action, Investment Mastery, Tigrent, and others. David[/QUOTE]

U can learn to trade fx within 2 days but, trading fx with consistent profits take countless days of experience. I used to spent literally thousands on such courses & they don’t work because its not suitable for me .Maybe I recommend u to babypips it’s good and free :slight_smile: lol, I’m not those ppl who want to recommend useless course or brokages.

You can learn the basics in like 1 hour or so, but you must have also the experiance to be a good trader,because trading is a practical thing, you can theorise much about it, but when you sit infront of the charts and trade then things will be different.

In two days one can learn to the basic usage of the platform app[MetaTrader], Then to learn the business that runs on that platform, few weeks or months will be involved, But to acquire the skill of doing the business profitably, years may be involved.

They can show you the platform and how to place trades…but do be able to analyze economic data and interprete its meaning and use those in decisions as to whether to buy or sell a particular pair is not done in just a day or two …even for those of us who earn consistent profit over and over again its not as simple as attending a two day workshop…

if you will like to trade successful i do and its not attending a two day workshop…

I think it would be very impossible to fully understand Forex trading, the market and its trends in just a two-day workshop. Forex trading involves some complicated process. You need to study and work hard to learn more about it. It maybe would take weeks and even months to be fully knowledgeable about this subject matter.

It’s unlikely that the OP will return, but did you end up writing an article?

Hi Kevin. I did write the article last year, posted below, but the focus was more on trading stocks

Trialling ‘learn to trade’ stock market websites: can you get rich quick? | Money | The Guardian

If it is an in depth course sure you can.

One can learn how to trade forex a day but can not trade forex profitably. For you to trade forex well, you need a long term of training and understand the chart better. Those people who offer twos day forex trading does not really offer trading skills, they can only tell you how to trade but cannot but cannot trade for you.

you can learn everything by yourself without paying extra money, just read online and start slowly to get experience. there are many sites and groups out there

Learning basic just in 1 hours or so is impossible, it needs more than some hours, they need more days to understanding it.
When I learning forex in babypips, it needs more than a half of month. It’s must be understanding first. Then I make practices in demo account of liteforex broker…