Can't Get In Chat Because I updated Java

Rule: if things are working don’t update anything. LOL

Hello Mclon,

if you’re still having problems, try uninstalling Java completely, reboot your computer if necessary, and then head back to the chat room. You should be prompted to install the necessary plugin. We hope that helps. Let us know how it turns out.

Pipstradamus

Thanks Pipstradamus,

I’ve tried to uninstall and reinstall, no luck. Java is version 7 (build 1.7.0_15-b03).

Since the 17th ( the last day I could enter chat) the computer has had several security updates.

Security updates for Microsoft Windows:

KB2795944
KB2792100
KB2790655
KB2789650
KB2789649
KB2778344

OS Name Microsoft Windows 8
Version 6.2.9200 Build 9200
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model K55A
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU ASUS-NotebookSKU
Processor Intel® Core™ i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. K55A.404, 8/20/2012
SMBIOS Version 2.7

Hey mclon,

Have a look at the following Java website:

How do I test whether Java is working on my computer?

We’re running the same version of Java on several of our test machines; however, we’re they’re all running Windows 7. If you get the chance, also try another browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari). There’s a chance the Java issue is specific to your current web browser. Let us know how it goes!

Pipstradamus

Chrome works. Thanks Pipstradamus

Glad you’re working. Also, something of note: Apple and Mozilla (the people behind Firefox) have disabled Java by default within their browsers. You can read more here. This might have been the reason behind your original problem. Even though Java was installed and updated, it could have been disabled.

Thanks!

Pipstradamus