Canuck looking for MT4 forex broker recommendations?

Hey all, Canuck here living in British Columbia, classify myself as a relative newbie at forex trading, looking for recommendations on the ever-elusive “solid” forex broker? I’m currently using Interactive Brokers but I have a few complaints, namely that their data feed isn’t purely tick-based (they consolidate their ticks), and additionally they can’t connect to MT4. Here is my ultimate wishlist of what a forex broker could offer:

-real-time tick data feed offering historical tick data
-can connect to MT4 so I can use MT4 for analysis AND actual trading :smiley:

…and if I really get lucky:
-commission-based like IB, so as to avoid exorbitant spreads
-Canadian broker, so my $$ is protected
-data also works with NinjaTrader :59:

Any ideas / recommendations? I know I won’t be able to tick all the boxes, but looking for as many as I can get. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Have you looked at Oanda Canada? Forex Trading | Currency Trading | OANDA fxTrade Canada
I may end up there myself :slight_smile:

Thanks Sweet Pip, not sure I like Oanda, I’ve read a few negative reviews on them but who knows? Anybody else used them and/or can comment on them? How do their commissions work?

It seems that FXCM is back in Canada through Friedberg Direct. Are they registered in BC? Has anybody experience with them?
http://www.friedbergdirectfx.ca/

Too bad about the Canadian broker requirement ( also not sure about the Ninja Trader data compatibility part )

If you every think different, try:

1. Pepperstone (AU, or
  2. AxiTrader (AU), or
  3. HotForex

Cheers

Hi Windsurfer,

Traders in Canada can open an account on the FXCM platform through Friedberg Direct. Friedberg is regulated by the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) and can accept clients from British Columbia. Friedberg is also a member of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund.

Jason