Category 5 hurricane might hit Ireland

Oh no! :frowning: :frowning: For those in the area, hope you stay safe guys! :open_mouth:

I had no idea hurricanes were a thing on the other side of the atlantic!!
Are those common??

Well, not hurricanes but storms for sure.

1 Like

Hurricanes are not the norm in Europe at all, but yes indeed there was some really nasty storms sometimes.
And then there was the tornado in Luxemburg a few months ago.

Oh yes! It happened in August! It was devastating.

I remember seeing a video, it looked downright apocalyptic, I couldn’t believe such a tornado could form in that particular region.

This is the one that I saw - Tornado tears through Luxembourg town | World News | Sky News

Please describe what this all means for us and what does mean Category 5 cause in all different countries accross the world this things are all the same probably anyway or not ? Let us all others know what to expect really, please help;)

It was just a news article that was shared for the community to be a bit more informed. You can also share whatever you come across.
Category 5 hurricane means Catastrophic damage will occur. In a Category 5 hurricane, the highest category hurricane, winds are 157 mph or higher. People, livestock and pets can be in danger from flying debris, even indoors. Most mobile homes will be completely destroyed, and a high percentage of frame homes will be destroyed. Commercial buildings with wood roofs will experience severe damage, metal buildings may collapse and high-rise windows will nearly all be blown out.

Humanity is powerless to the power of nature

I saw this one too and it seemed absolutely unreal.