Censorship is Bad

So I woke up today only to find yet again the moderators have been hard at work censoring the community,

Censorship is bad. It…

• Violates civil rights.
  • Promotes negative agendas.
  • Slows down innovation.
  • Encourages ignorance.
  • Manipulates for personal gain.
  • IT LIMITS EDUCATION.

If the owners/administrators/moderators do not wish to be active in the forum developing the culture they wish to brand then you have to put up with our opinions. Using the excuse it was “off topic” is just piss weak (Australian slang for disappointing, inadequate, dodgy - no need to edit that). It protects the stealth vendors/spammers and promotes ignorance amongst the viewers.

Grow up BabyPips. Its 2017.

3 Likes

Hey dude, examples ???

The Ever Freedom Lovin VIPER

Meaning ???Oolll

Freedom!!!

2 Likes

Haha north Korea boss…

I must admit that other fx forums (who it must be said supply much more educated high level duscussions form ‘real’ traders, such as ET) don’t care what’s said and in what context.

When was Wall Street ever a polite, quite and cencertised activity! Ha, far from it.

Now let’s make some fu**ing money (in the words of Wolf of Wall Street)

I dont have much experience with BabyPips
I have though a lot of experience with MFB
The MFB site became a scammers paradise due to lack of censorship.
So I would say censorship is a tool. It depends on owner how he will use it.

I see exactly what you mean.

Yes - of course it’s bad.

I also see historical threads here commenting on the same thing, with people complaining that in order to protect the spammers, promoters and trolls, the mods delete the posts of ordinary members who are complaining about them.

As they did yesterday/today.

Ultimately it’s their forum, and if they’re going to censor their members like that, we just have to decide whether to go or stay.

Judging by the traffic and levels of posting, and what people are saying about this forum, many people decided to go.

There’s only value in staying and complaining about it, however, if they can be persuaded to change their behaviour.

And I see no sign of that, Bob, in spite of repeated attempt by former members to encourage them to do so? :unamused:

Looks like it’s been clear here for years that they want to protect the stealth vendors/spammers, though. You only need eyes to see that people have been complaining about this exact same thing here for years. :grimacing:

(It’s weird, really - the one thing they’re persistent and reliable at, is shooting their own business in the foot!).

1 Like

Call me naive (and you really can) - but have I missed something? Granted I don’t know what you’re talking about in this thread as I haven’t seen the posts your referencing [feel free to tell me, I am curious now]

But, when ever I happen to report a vendor and mark it as Spam it gets instantly removed?

I guess it would have helped if I saw ‘said’ posts before they got removed.

1 Like

i also have a post deleted in the night

i think, yes

i think, yes

there are “stealth vendors” or “stealth promoters” who the mods protect, by removing posts of other members

very disappointing, i never saw a forum like this

not only mods, but also navigation is very bad

i was here many years ago, i came back to look again and maybe to post my journal and trade method, but now i plan to do this at ET or FF instead

1 Like

The thread in subject (this time) was What are the best indicators to trade with

In it, a certain member replied to my post Grey matter

with this

Dialectics and jokes are really good to show you’re different… but when it comes to trading? Huh, we’re probably taking same wrong steps.

Now those that are regulars would remember that @lexys called this bloke out (he was a “verified analyst” under the old school site) and he promptly got banned. Then two weeks later he came back under diplomatic immunity as a regular joe blow.

Now since he responded to myself, I called him out as I do. But after my warnings I’ve toned things down. But he came back waving his wang around saying look at the size of mine and the rest is history.

Problem is, how he trades and what he says here within the forum are two different things. Thats no good.

We have to live in the real, one where a) this is no easy game and not for the faint hearted and b) marketing of forex education is far more profitable that speculating. Those of us advocating a) are being censored in favor of the b) group because they side with the sites objects, to generate revenue. Thus the owners encourage ignorance amongst the viewers and manipulate the forum for revenue raising. If one wants proof of this then simply look at the lack of participation by the owners/administration/moderators and then ask why.

1 Like

Can’t disagree with you there bro. Manipulation for personal gain

That won’t last for long.

My post calling out the same person was also removed, and not for the first time.

It’s said elsewhere that the mods here are from a “forum moderation service”. Obviously they’re not traders, and that’s the real problem.

Other trading forums are moderated mostly be senior members who understand what’s going on in trading forums. (They probably can’t do that here, though - the senior members have nearly all gone, now!).

I think many of the members who post garbage are probably from a “forum posting service” too. I don’t know this, but they certainly look that way, with the repetitive, meaningless rubbish and posts stolen and pasted in.

Forums without enough members and participation use these services to try to present an appearance of activity, I’ve seen them advertised.

This would certainly account for why the moderators won’t do anything to prevent all the paste-in posts.

I’ve had long exchanges of messages with the admin about this. He insists they have their “process” and his ears are firmly closed to observations that it’s not working.

“estis” was still at it as recently as yesterday, pasting in rubbish from some trading site as “his own post”, in spite of all the discussion about him for so many weeks. But if he’s from a forum-posting service they’ve subscribed to, that would explain why they won’t kick him out, surely? :anguished:

5 Likes

funny!

i asked mods about the avatar and profile pic of campione but they did not do anything about it

funny how the mildest “bad language” they censor because it can offend people from other cultures, they say, but they do nothing about his avatar and profile pic???

it is as logical as other things they decide about this forum

this is their problem, tho, Caharlie? they just do not listen?

2 Likes

This has for some time been something which crossed my mind - sock puppet your own forum as a means of trying to initiate traffic - and if it’s not this then Jesus, there are some really dumb idiots out there signing up here.

2 Likes

I think that’s all it is.

They just come here because other forums remove them and their rubbish posts, don’t allow endless pasting in of paragraphs stolen from Investopedia and worse sites, and have moderators who know something about trading and take part in conversations about trading in their forums, and know what’s going on. So this one mops up all the dregs who simply aren’t accommodated anywhere else.

The puzzling thing is the way they seem to want that, and to protect them, even as it predictably destroys their business.

2 Likes

“Man” is right.

A couple of avatars here are offensive to women members.

1 Like

I think you’re missing the point of the post - I don’t care about the images in that respect - it was the principle of posts being removed, that’s all.

And how on earth are they offensive to women? No male genitals in those images…

The pictures objectify women and are in fact displayed for that sole purpose.