CFA Trader - Market Profile and Price action analyses

Hello traders,

My name is Tomas Kaderavek. I hold degree from University of New York in Prague. I am also Certified Financial Advisor (CFA), I have experience working for broker and bank, but now I am private trader.

I specialize in EUR/USD currency pair which I trade on intra-day basis as well as on longer term swing / position basis. I also follow other majors and EUR/CZK for longer term (weeks, months) trades swing trades.
Apart from Forex I follow Gold (GC), Crude oil (CL), S&P 500 (ES), Nasdaq 100 (NQ) and few US and Czech stocks.

My trading is mostly based on Market Profile® (MP). I also use Price action to partially support or expand what the market tells me already via MP.

During years I have paid for my education with many top world trading mentors. The one who taught me the most is Ludvik Turek, M.A.A. His knowledge of markets and number of trading styles he can teach is incredible - from scalping on 1 minute forex chart to weekly swing trades in commodities and everything in between. He is the one who made me a consistently profitable trader.

I also went through some form of education with Joe Ross, John Carter, Rob Hoffman, Kam Dhadwar, Thomas DeLello, Nial Fuller, Alan Farley, Jim Dalton and Saverio Berlinzani. I have great respect for all of them. They are professional traders who know the markets and things they teach are intelligent and do work.

My trading style has naturally developed into a unique mix of trading know-how that all these professionals have taught me during the years. I will share some of my analyses and trades in this thread.

EURUSD - A bit of lazy day today. We trade inside Value Area of last week. I am considering short term long trade if price gets around 1,3220.

Today´s high is not strong and we might see test test above 1,3300 in coming days.

But generally we are in sideways market and I think it will not be until some major moving macro news event that we get a move from the Value Area of last 6 trading days.

Until then I will just try to “bite” few pips from each trade.

AUDUSD - RBA lowered interest rates early morning. The initial reaction was rise in price.

However looking at daily Market Profile we can see unsuccessfull auction at low. I expect today´s low to be tested in coming days. I took agressive short trade.

EURUSD - I took a long trade after small pulback after German macro new at 12:00 in expectation of test of yesterday´s poor high.

EURUSD - very quiet holiday trading so far today. I think everybody is waiting for employment figures from US.

I expect 2 likely scenarios:

1. spike test into 1,3400 resistance and eventually testing poor high at 1,3415 and retracement with eventual start of new downtrend

2. continuation of recent push higher targeting 1,3500 and eventually 1,3550.

I am more inclined to scenario number 1. But after what we have witnessed on GBP/USD yesterday I do not want to short EURUSD agresivelly just yet. I will wait for some confirmation of potential reversal and then try to short. I see good targets below for shot trade.

EURUSD - I took a long trade yesterday morning and patiently waited for the test of important resistance around 1,3390-1,3400 which came after US markets opened.

For today I expect test of major reference high @ 1,3415. I am curious if sellers step in around there. No sign of big / agressive sellers in EURUSD yet.

It is also important to note that we are in growing market since Monday and I would expect some profit taking before weekend.

My longer term bias is to the short side. I am waiting for signs of sellers and then I will open short position.

EURUSD - we have a boring, quiet market with very low volume in the past week. I am curious if today´s macro news bring more significant movement. We will have to wait and see.

My medium and long term bias is to the short side but before a significant move down I would like to see test of important reference high at 1,3415.

GBPUSD - There was a nice long trade opportunity this morning. I took long around developing weekly Value Area High and played into the first pivot resistance around 1,5568.

GBPUSD - I took short term long trade off the developing wVAH again.

GBPUSD - And this is the last trade for today. I promise :53:

Loving GBPUSD for today!

Looks like a good technique. Will keep an eye on this thread

I’m surprised nobody is posting in here. You might want to explain more about how you trade and exactly whats going on on those charts. Most people here have absolutely no idea what you are talking about lol.

I keep a MP on my regular charts to see what previous levels had high/low traffic AKA Volume…along with the regular volumes indicator for time intervals. So price based and time based volume are both covered. I also notice that high traffic areas later can become choppy again, low mp areas can have quick moves though it. That’s about it though for me.

Hello guys,

there is another post of mine from today concernng EURUSD. It is more graphical and played out really great.

See 301 Moved Permanently

EURUSD - I still stick to my call that we will test major reference high @ 1,3415. There are 2 poor highs supporting this idea since they are good candidates for test. When that test comes, it will bring price very close to the reference high.

For today I expect quiet, sideways trading. There is good support zone around 1,3300 where I am waiting for confirmation of buyers to join them in a long trade.

EURUSD - Price tested poor highs that I was writing about yesterday. I closed my long trade from last week in which I was playing for test of high from August 9.

Amazing considering you do not exist on the CFA register and no one by you full name does.You fails to understand the the CFA register is public and you are using their credentials to form a scam here.

I have notified http://www.cfainstitute.org about this.

I am certified in my coutry. Maybe this could cool you down a bit.

Anyway, nobody is forcing you to follow this thread. And other thing, the consistency of my threads is obvious. Please send me a link to your thread(s) and trade call(s) and statements of those realized trades. I will be happy to learn something new from you :35:

So we got the test of major reference high. Market shows some strength but I will wait after tomorrow´s FOMC to open new trades.

EURUSD - I expect sideways move in previous reference Valua Area until afternoon macro news. We will see if there will be some significant move in light of the macro news.

I am waiting around 1,3390 - 1,3400 to sell but want to see some confirmation of sellers. If we get a break below today´s low I would expect a test into 1,3300 - 1,3290 area.

I took profit on the position. I got higher heat than expected. The poor low is still in place so there is still a short opportunity.