CFTC Grants $9 Million as Award for Whistleblower

The CTFC recently granted a $9 million reward to a whistleblower. That is one of the largest awards granted by the overseer’s Whistleblower Program.

It was granted because the whistleblower provided a specific and credible tip which led to an investigation and the culprits were brought to justice.

The CTFC has not disclosed, however, who the whistleblower is, what the tip was about or what was the crime.

The Director of Enforcement at CTFC, James McDonald, issued the following statement:

We recognise that often whistleblowers come forward to report misconduct at great personal and professional risk. Cases like this serve as a reminder that the Whistleblower Program can reward that courage in a very real way, helping to soften the blow of any adverse consequences those whistleblowers might face .”

Personally, I think that people who prevent further crime should be rewarded, especially if they risked themselves to do it. What do you think?

1 Like

Absolutely, but why no details on anything else!!

What a mystery. Sounds fishy that information isn’t being released on the crime itself.

I’m curious as well what they found out and who exactly is involved. Judging by the sheer size of the award, I’d say the scale at which the fraud was committed would be 10x larger! :thinking:

This kitty sniffs stiffer regulation coming soon! :scream_cat:

Yeah, I am very curious about that too. It must have been something big.

The CTFC just granted another reward to another whistleblower for providing documents.
The Division of Enforcement Director issued a statement:
T he violations would have been difficult to detect without the whistleblower’s information and assistance” .

Such things always attract attention…
And it should be noted that something unusual and unexpected always happens in the market, so we all have to be ready for it, that’s why traders are thinking of several options for the development of events, and companies are insuring their positions as much as possible…

1 Like