Change 4h candle open/close times on Tradingview

Hello All

Am pretty new to all this but just wanted to ask if there was a way to do something please.

So as I have a day job I’m looking at trading on the 4h chart.

On tradingview these candles open at 2am -6am, 6am-10am, 10am -2pm etc.

What I would like is for these times to be in sync with the market where I am (London) such that a candle opens when the London markets open (8am). So what I’d like is for the tradingview candles to mirror this by being 12am - 4am, 4am - 8am, 8am -12pm etc.

Is there any way please to get these times as the open/close times on the 4h candles please?

Many thanks

Perhaps changing the time zone would work. Go into your settings (right click), then change it in the ‘symbol’ tab.

Hopefully this does the trick.

Hi Mattymoney

Thanks for your suggestion. The timezone was already set at the correct zone for me (London) so it didn’t make any difference.

My broker is IG Index and so there is a disparity between the size and even the colour of the candles and obviously indicator readings across both charts as the times of the candles are out of sync with each other making it rather hard to do some analysis!

1 Like

I would try contacting IG Index, I’m sure they’ll be able to help.

Thanks for that but the IG charts are in sync with London trading opening (ie a 4h window is from 8am - 12pm).
The closest candle on tradingview is from 7am - 11am so the issue to do with them. I can try and contact them and see what they say