lotsNew = (MathFloor(((((free*risk)*leverage))/100000)/step)*step);
currentLotSize = lotsNew;
}
else
{
lotsNew = Lots;
currentLotSize = lotsNew;
}

I use “extern double Risk = 0.5;” as it sounds more logical to the end user, but then I set up “risk = Risk/100;” and “leverage = AccountLeverage();” in init() to make it correct.

Re
D

damm, im excited now… CC is good at teasing :smiley:

I would LOVE to contribute a n y t h in g but can’t :frowning: I haven’t got a clue but just can see u guys are cooking a GREAT MEAL…

I tested the last version and I think you are working on the right issues. Will be very interesting with a new version. Great job everybody. So far I don’t have much to contribute with but I follow your work closely. Keep it up!

Guys,

Attached is the newest revision for your testing. I will explain the new parameters:

EquityDrop: 0.06 (user adjustable)
RecoveryEquityDrop: 0.02 (user adjustable) SetPrimer will be off if
OppOrderPips: 100pips (user adjustable)
Retracepips: 250 pips (user adjustable). If price moves up/below ChannelBottom/ChannelTop by this much amount then ChannelTop and ChannelBottom will be reset to 1000 & 0 respectively to allow normal trading.
Moving Period: 50 (user adjustable)- Moving average period. EA determines trend by seeing if price is above MA or below MA.
Moving SHift: 0 (user adjustable). Shift of Moving average.

Logic of EA:

1. SetPrimer is set to true when equity drop of 0.06% is observed.
  2. If price is seen to be above 50 period MA then uptrend is registered and channelTop is set to 25 pips above current price. Thus Buyprimers will be placed.
  3. Buy primers are placed every 30 pips with TP of 100 pips.
  4. If there comes a point when equity drop is below Recoverydrop (0.02) then Setprimer is set to false, but ChannelTop value is maintained.
  5. ChannelTop is reset to 1000 when price falls 250 pips (defined by RetracePips) below ChannelTop.
  6. EA will start placing normal trades until equity drop of 0.06% is observed. Then steps 1-5 are followed again.

The logic is similar but opposite for SellPrimers.

Experiment with it and suggest how to improve this. I am still testing it and will keep all posted with the observations. It is not important to just run long tests. Please see each and every time primer statuses change and channeltop/bottom values change.

Greenland strategy Rev 1-4.zip (5.41 KB)

Thank you much, Mr. CC! I am sad I can’t contribute a bit here because lack of knowledge, but I can see how much you do for this project… “Greenland” is an art, and I really think you understand. Thank you.

i have not looked at the primers yet, but noticed another problem.
even though we dont look at the euyity for calculations, we still need to avoid the marign call.
and in this version of the EA, the Equity does not seem to slowly grow like it should to avoid this.
(if i start with 2000$, get to 10.000$, but still have 2000$ in equity, i will hit my brokers 20% margin call)

if i tradet this manually, i would have an eye on this before increasing the lot size, so that i would not get down to 20%.

so i would sugest that the EA also makes a check before increasing lot size.
this would be a variable, as the margin call % is different from broker to broker…

what do you guys think, i would espeacially like to hear from the ones that have tradet this system live :slight_smile:

What happened? Type it again.

just edited it again :slight_smile:

hi sgude0 i left you a message please check your inbox, thanks

just fund out that my brokers support explained margin calls in a wrong way to me, after i found this document, so just wanted to share it with you guys, as i know Dennis also had questions regarding margin calls.

http://www.avatrade.com/resources/pdf/Margin-Calls.pdf

I still do. XEMarkets (Trading Point) has a 20% stop out level rather than 10%. This might be too high for the system, I don’t know yet. My tests so far show that the channel collapses due to a lack of funds (free margin turns negative). I get two issues from this; margin on hedged trades, and money management.

As we discussed earlier, different brokers have different margins for hedged trades. I’ve seen 1.000 long + 1.000 short = 0$ margin. Others use 50% so that 1.000 long + 1.000 short = 10/2 + 10/2 = 10$ margin (x100 leverage). In either case, but certainly more predominatly in the first case, closing a large primer will cause a great increase in used margin to cover the opposite trades.

Secondly, the “money management” of Greenlanding is simply “buy yourself out of the jam”. Got too many longs? Buy a bunch of shorts! Lots of red trades? Keep extending the stop losses. The collapse happens when you don’t have enough free margin to do that anymore.

I hope an EA programmed to the actual system requirements will prove that primers can handle this, but we’re not there yet. We’re getting closer, but primers need to maintain balance (and thereby hopefully keeping used margin low, I think), and that means they can’t change lot sizes up and down depending on equity, which is what I’m getting in the latest version.

Re
D

Yes, i also see some weird stuff going on with the new version :smiley:
But Im not done looking into it yet

Of course we will need to sort out the margin call with relation to brokers, although I believe this to be a minor problem. Its simply a question of finding a suitable broker that allows for full use of margin (like etoro does). We will still need to get the basic EA to work first. Will hopefully get time to run a few backtests these coming days.

Frawan… Its difficult to test The EA If we get hit by margin calls half The times… So even If we can convince an MT4 broker to let us run with 0% margin call once we have an Real account at a broker, we cant test If The EA is working correct with the accounts we have, even when The other bugs are gone… And etoro does not need margin calls, as you lock up your money in trades, and have forced SL instead of using margin… So think that is a bad comparaison :wink:

But If you find me an MT4 broker that allow hedging, and have 0% margin calls i Will gladly change broker, and never mention this again :wink:

I use YoutradeFx. they have 0 margin on hedged trades. Spreads are low on an ECN account but they chanrge a small commission. Pretty decent experience till now. What I have lately realised is that their swap rates are not good. But swaps shouldnt matter too much if you are trading GBP/USD or EUR/USD. But I wish to trade AUD/USD channel.

I would like to Trade different pairs on Different brokers… To spread my investments as much as possible :slight_smile:

just looked at the AUD/USD pair, and your right, that looks like a good pair to start with, might take longer time to build, but not as much need for primers… but hopefully we get the control of the primers right at some point, and then any pair should be good :slight_smile:

Swaps is an important part to consider when choosing pair. AUDUSD will especially eat a lot of equity with its swaps.