Channel Trading: Viking1961 500 step system

CC
in the new version, it seems like the primers are changing size during a primer run?
in the test im doing right now, i have some primers at 0.11 in size, and some at 0.12

Yes, lets say price is going down and sell primers are introduced at 0.11lots each.
Price may retrace 100 pips up and take a buy order and then come back again. The EA calculated primer sizes dynamically each time and if there are more buys to counter then primer size will be increased gradually. But existing primers will remain the same size.

okay…
another thing, when im backtesting i can set a fixed lot size, but when running it on a demo account i get the following error “Greenland strategy Rev 1-4 GBPUSD,M5: invalid lots amount for OrderSend function”, even though i have set it to a fixed size of 0.01… anyone else having this problem?

Hmm strange… should not happen. Try it with 0.02 or 0.1 and see if it is executing orders. Then let me know.

not working either… not with 0.02 or 0.1 … still same error :slight_smile:

Post a printscreen of your settings.

2013.04.22 17:02:48 Greenland strategy Rev 1-4 GBPUSD,M5 inputs: Lots=0.01; Risk=0.1; TP=500; Dist=100; EquityDrop=0.06; RecoveryEquityDrop=0.02; UseSL=false; SL=0; UsePrimerSL=false; PrimerSL=2000; Slip=30; UseAutoPrimer=true; PrimerLots=0; PrimerStep=300; PrimerTP=1000; PrimerLockin=100; OppOrderPips=100; RetracePips=2500; MovingPeriod=50; MovingShift=6;

so standard settings, only with that 1 change with a fixed lot size (as i never got the auto escalation of lots working on a demo account, but until now have used fixed instead)

Hi Zepp,

I just tried it on my own system. The EA is not using fixed lot size. It is only using percentage based systems.
So try it out with percentage based system. Increase the value of [B]“Risk”[/B] until the EA starts to place trades.
In the meantime I will fix this error and send a revised version.

Regards
CC

aahh… had to set it to 1.5 for it to work with my demo account, didnt think it would have to be such a high number, as im using 0.1 when backtesting :slight_smile:

Can any of you recommend a VPS to host the MT4 platform and EA for live testing the EA over some period of time?
Free or cheap VPS I assume would be good enough for testing, any advice?

Maybe youtradeFX is reliable and cheap enough for this purpose. I would give them a try for their offer with VPS.

Anyone have some test results they can share? I am away from my MT4 computer this week, so unfortunately I haven’t been able to run any tests myself yet.

Looking forward to some results, so we can identify issues (I assume with primers?) and solve them?

here is something to look at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5267610/test/StrategyTester1-4.pdf

hey CC,
have a look at my 0.70 primers at stop out… i have 5 in loss, and it looks like they have a TP very close to each other, should they not be about 30 pips appart when the EA is set to 300 in PrimerStep, and 1000 in primerTP ?
and then i find it a Little weird that all but 2 is not closed in plus with SL

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5267610/test/StrategyTester2.pdf

EDIT: did you not fix it so that it opened extra trades when returning to an erea with small old trades?
this does not seem to Work correct in this version, or is it just me? :slight_smile:

lol, look at this one, looking kind of weird, that so many orders are opened at the end, but none are closed Again…
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5267610/test/StrategyTester3.pdf

It sure looks like there is still some issue with the primers. Will do some testing as well and post when I have results.

just made another test, and it looks like the EA at some point goes crasy, and just opens “the same trade” over and over, until it have depleated ones funds…
in the last test i noticed that i got this order 192 times just before stop out, all opened at exactly the same rate and time
2013.04.27 19:19:13 2011.06.30 11:18 Tester: order #875, sell 0.35 GBPUSD is opened at 1.59828

CC:
if you look at the test i posted before, then look from page 96
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5267610/test/StrategyTester3.pdf

dont you have stable internet connections in Sweden? :smiley:
if you have an old laptop and a stable internet connection, you have what you need…
the good thing about a laptop is that it have its own battery, so its like having a server connected to an UPS

I need some feedback on primers. Say you trigger long primers at 1.5000, after some ups and downs P1 and P2 are taken out at +10 pips. You still have P3 and P4 to take care of balance, but you haven’t made enough money to extend the channel and cover an additional range of trades, nor to pay for the extra 30-60 pips of SL coverage. So what to do?

Re
D

[QUOTE=“sgude0;483007”]I need some feedback on primers. Say you trigger long primers at 1.5000, after some ups and downs P1 and P2 are taken out at +10 pips. You still have P3 and P4 to take care of balance, but you haven’t made enough money to extend the channel and cover an additional range of trades, nor to pay for the extra 30-60 pips of SL coverage. So what to do?

Re
D[/QUOTE]

We start at 0.06% with the primers so that we can live with some SL hits… So we dont extend the Channel (that would be suicide without money for it), but either return back to the normal trading range, or get a little more drawdown, when now using P3 as the new P1, and P4 as the new P2