Charting software

Hi,

I am looking for a way to assist me with back testing, currently I am going back through hourly charts but need to whilst looking at a certain time and date be able to change this to a minute / 5 minute chart or have one along side this which follow it if this makes sense?

Currently the one I use just snaps back to today’s date/time and I have to scroll through weeks of charts at small intervals to find where I was and its becoming extremely time consuming.

Thank you!

Hi,

If you are US citizen, you can use Thinkorswim platform by TD Ameritrade. As for me, it is the best charting tool ever, but it is US-only.

If you need something for backtesting, try Forex Tester. As for me, it is the most comfortable software for that purpose.

There is something like buitl-in tester in Tradingview, but actually I have no idea how it works.

Yea, Trading View has a ‘replay’ feature where you’re able to go back on the charts, but I need to look into another way to backtest because I’m not able to switch in between time frames on TradingView while I’m in replay mode.

1 Like

Have you tried ninjatrader ?

I will look into these, currently I am using just the brokers software, I discovered there is a way to jump dates faster its just very time consuming, I think what I am looking for is a two chart screen with a second time on the other chart loosely following the day you’re looking at on the first if that makes any sense.

mt4/5 is pretty easy to run back test ,
I found the best software is Sierra charts , as it look at the orderbook when running backtest , when i was researching the same question i found a lot of smarter user mention that is IT the FASTEST for running backtest. ( it does cost $14 a month)

for simple setting I rather get use mt5 , and just pay $1 for 20,000 agent to find the best outcome for optimization. complete in min and not days

i agree

SierraChart is my first choice, and Ninja is my second choice

anything’s better than MT4