Charts for Gold ,Oil ,Indicies

Hi

I am looking for charts (free) that I can view with candle sticks ,with the opportunity to place EMA’s on etc… I am with FXCM and I cannot find any on my platform. Just wondering if there’s something out there that anybody can recommend

Thanks guys

Babypips now has all of that.

Click [B]Rates[/B] at the top of this page. Tables of live prices (for currencies, indices and commodities) will come up. Click on the instrument you want to analyze, and an interactive, live chart will come up. You can detach it, change the time-frames, add indicators (including various moving averages), etc.

Spend some time becoming familiar with these charts. I think you will like them.

And unlike your FXCM charts, these Babypips charts are accessible over the weekend, when the markets are closed.

Chip Butland,

the only reason why you cannot access those charts on FXCM is because you are on the demo account;

I know this because I run both a demo and a live account with FXCM and only on the live account can

I see and trade indices (e.g. FTSE100, DAX, S&P500) and metals (gold and silver), as well as Crude Oil.

Get a live account and you will be able to trade them…

As for free charts over the weekend, FXCM only has a break on Saturdays, when they do maintenance on

their website; on Sundays, their charts are available all day, well before the start of the trading week on

Sunday evening, so, really, you are only missing out one day.

I generally use the following as alternatives on Saturdays:

1. Investing.com;

2. Barchart;

3. Commoditycharts.

The beauty of these websites is that they show you the centralised volume for indices and futures,

whereas with FXCM your Real Volume indicator only refers to FXCM’s retail client base (worldwide).

Investing.com is very good because the Live Charts are interactive and you can draw all manners of

things/indicators on them, and if you register with them (free of charge, by the way) you can log in

and save/load charts with all the indicators/drawings that you want to keep.

I hope this helps.

Thanks but I do have a live account with fxcm

Then you have to go into Settings and select the appropriate Symbols…

To clarify, trading in stock indices, metals, energy products and international shares is available on both demo and live FXCM accounts to non-US residents. US regulations prohibit brokers from offering these CFD products on FXCM US accounts.

[B]PipMeHappy[/B], the reason you can see CFD products on your live account is because you have an FXCM UK live account. Your demo account is an FXCM US demo. I previously offered to set you up with a new FXCM UK demo account, but you said you wanted to keep your old demo.

[B]Chip[/B], if you have a live FXCM US account, then US regulations only allows us to offer you forex trading. However, if you live outside the US, you can trade through FXCM UK or FXCM Australia to access these products. If you don’t see them on your platform, please update your symbols list as PMH suggested.

[B]PMH[/B], with the latest update to Trading Station Desktop we added a new Simulation Mode that lets you use charts even when we perform weekend maintenance on our servers.

Dear Jason,

yes, thank you for clarifying that!

I did not know about the Simulation Mode!!

Terrific!!!

You are the best!!