Chat room max capacity?

The chat room has reached it’s max capacity try again later. whassssup wid dat? I’m stuck in the twilight zone. If you look at the list of who is in the chat room it shows me in there… but I’m not in there.

No matter where you go, there you are
oh yeah and paypal is a scam

yeah seriously, all the time now. Also when people are in there sometimes they just lurk or something. Maybe 1 H timer or something to boot them or invisible people. I have been struggling with that for like a week now.

All those ppl are not real ppl. I checked a handful of profiles and they are new with no posts to the forum. Someone is locking up the chatroom. We need a moderator to clean it out.

25 is kind of pathetic for a chatroom with a board of a thousand or more people isn’t it? lol

If thats the case its total bs

I still cant get in but the number of people in chat says only 11. this is just getting weird.

Ayayayay! Looking into it guys! Sorry for this!

Greetings all,

We have confirmed the issue and have contacted the chat room software vendor for assistance with this issue as we can’t find any issues on our end. As soon as we hear something, we’ll post it here. Also, as a note, the existing 25 user license that we’ve had in place the last few years, though small when compared to our community size, has been sufficient with no consistent limit issues arising. We’ll definitely look at current demand for chat room access, and if it’s there, we’ll look to upgrade our license. Thanks for your patience while we get this fixed.

Pipstradamus

So we’ve been keeping a closer eye on the chat room and identified at least one super problematic user with several accounts that have been causing havoc for other members. He and his other accounts were swiftly banned from the site completely. That doesn’t mean he won’t be back, so we’ll look for some help from our chat room users to spot him and other spammers. Because our resources are a bit stretched, we won’t be able to have an admin in the chat room at all times, but we’ve now taken the steps to spend more time moderating the chat rooms and the logs. Again, if you see any users that are problematic, please contact us through the Forums or through our Contact Us page.

Also, with demand for the chat room increasing, we’re going to double our limit of chat room participants and go from there. This should happen in the next few days.

Thanks for your patience, as always, and thanks for all the feedback you’ve provided. It really helps.

Pipstradamus

Chat room limit increased! Enjoy!

Pipstradamus

There’s no more chatroom ?

Hey T, I can’t find it.

The Ever Searching VIPER

yeah it probably wasn’t used that much so they scrapped it.

Yup, it’s been awhile since we last had that chat room. @TalonD, how are you finding these threads! Haha.

Some threads are more interesting than others…

There are other options for chatting.

If there’s interest, we could look into possibly bringing it back.

Interested?

2 Likes

If it’s there I maybe would pop in sometimes but I’m in a couple of forex related skype rooms so it’s not a big deal

Mark me down as a Yea.

The Ever Colonial VIPER

I love the trading groups I am in on Slack, and would totally do one here too.

What is slack? I’ll have to look that up