Choose a broker- a tough decision

I am new in this world of FOREX (just 3 months).
I am from Romania and i am trying to find a good broker which satisfy me the following requirements:

• good regulation
  • withdrawal without problems
  • rarely slippage
  • low commision and spreads
  • without commision at deposit
  • without hidden terms
  • support mt4 platform

Reliable for 10 000$ investment and guarantees safety of my funds and my mind :)).

First time i want to choose AVATrade,i like it for low spreads , low comissions but i saw a lot of negative review so cons:

• if accept the bonus, delay at witdrawal - months to withdraw your own money(just from review - i don`t know if is for sure) but this totally orientated to another broker

I compare, read and another interesant broker for me was ICmarkets, but cons:
-bigger spread and commisons
-bigger swap
-delay on server 120ms+
-a few bad reviews about market manipulation
(but overall i liked this broker compared with others)

I saw a post here on babypips about HotForex, i was so closely to choose this broker because it looks very good but t read the terms and conditions and i saw this:
"The Client is not allowed to enter into any form of prohibited trading i.e. certain trading
techniques
commonly known as “arbitrage trading”, “picking/ sniping” or the use of
certain automated trading systems or “Expert Advisors”; and/or follow an abusive trading
strategy i.e. any trading activity which is aiming towards potential riskless profit by
opening
opposite orders, during periods of volatile market conditions, during news
announcements, on opening gaps (trading sessions starts), or on possible gaps where the
underlying instrument has been suspended or restricted on a particular market, between
same
or different trading accounts. "
Why i can`t put opposite orders on the NFP if i want …?
commisons is ok
withdrawal ok
and i liked that is the only platform with mt4 on linux.(mt4 + wine-> but i liked portability)

And so on and so on… ForextTime, Easymarkets,Markets.com

And i don`t know where i can place my money and choose a reliable broker with the above mentioned characteristics.

Sorry for my bad english, i just need an advice.

From all scams choosing a right broker always a difficult task, that’s why choosing a broker should be in cool mind, don’t choose a broker in an emotional state , because the broker can affects the result of our trading with certainly.

Hello,
Yes, I agree that choosing the right broker is a bit difficult, but here are some of my criteria while I’m choosing or reviewing a broker:

• Regulated
  • Inter-core bank spreads – not fixed as with the Market makers
  • NDD/ STP/DMA Broker
  • Data and funds security
  • Negative Balance protection and needed risk policies
  • No bonuses and markups
  • Trading platforms
  • Good customer service
  • Commission based broker
  • Free Add-ons package
  • 1 type of account for all its clients
  • 100% anonymity (our LPs never see your stops, limits and entry orders)
  • Member of ICF (Investor Compensation Fund)

I hope that this would help
Good luck!

Hotforex used to be excellent platform for news but with their restrictions I now use them only to run scalping EA on their raw spread account. And I did set my EA to not open orders during rollovers and high volatility events. Everything goes fine but as you can see it can be better.

Regarding trading during news you can try FCA regulated Tickmill, I used opposite orders strategy with them and seems they don’t care about that. Spreads are acceptable but I hope they will make some improvements to MAC platform use because I use parallels desktop app, not their native MT4 for MAC

choosing the “right” broker is a difficult task, but if you like a particular broker, open an account with a small deposit and ask for a withdrawal on your first profit. that will tell you all you need. :wink: risking few bucks will be totally worth it.

Generally we think by opening a small account there is a to see the brokers performance. But practically not at all.

I’ve heard good reviews of ic markets by people who trade. Also I know someone who is an affiliate so you get lower lot size commission than normal. It’s not me by the way but can point you in the right direction if you decide ic markets.

Have you checked FPA already? This is the good source to ensure real reviews

I choose ICMarkets after two weeks after i compared a lot of platforms because is my first big deposit on a trading platform(10 000 $).
Now i am in the second trading month and i am very satisfied about this broker.
Withdrawal very fast two days -and money is in my pocket.
Good tools for trading orders ok, swap ok, commision ok . i recoomend.

Also i notice that i have 12 500 $ now and trading looks very good for me ( in aprox~ two months).
So ICMarkets is very good for me.
Thanks all for answers.(and sorry for my bad english).

English is not a deal , good luck …