City index trading academy

[B][/B]hey, I’ve come across this-

Trading Academy | Trade Financial Markets | City Index

what do you think? as a rookie trader I’d like to see what you guys think

S

I saw an advert for this the other day.
Just watched episode 3 and if The Apprentice is your kind of thing then you’d enjoy this.
Some wise things are said by the ‘Mentors’ but everything is instant, they only have a week to do something before they can be voted out so the idea of patience is already under threat.
Episode 3 introduces them to different types of orders including stop losses and then they are moved from one market onto stocks for week 4.
It would have been nice to see them actually be taught market dynamics, some basic market analysis and economics (level the playing field) then let loose on the markets so that you can see the individual place a trade using the information they have.
For completeness I’ve just watched the other 2 episodes and this is why I don’t watch reality TV as they tend to take the reality out of it (plus reality TV is just crap).
Episode 1 he tells them to trade NFP, fair-do’s but why bother when the name of the game is to control risk.
It’s a massive sales pitch that’s very clever, ‘look at how difficult it is but open an account and show you can do it better’.
I’d have enjoyed a man with a whiteboard explaining how to trade and then 2 minutes with the contestants.

Ok thanks for your input. Think I’ll follow their basic instructions but will keep in mind that I’ll be playing a much more long term game.

hiii spearsy
see trading is always a long term phenomenon though many a time you may get good returns even in short span of time but your focus should always be on the long run revenue. Investments made keeping in mind the future aspect will always yield high returns as and what is expected by any investor.

Hello,
i have also come across this. I am a novice and just started learning forex. Do you recommend me to join this? Is it not a scam?