Climate change is a complete hoax

which means therefore that it must be true! :slight_smile:

I’ve heard Al is doing something to prevent us from the ice age after inventing the internet. Don’t worry, Al will save our future!

It is shameful when politicians as Evo Morales use any excuse to beg for money in a form of satisfaction, like “ok it is my turn to be rich it is yours now to be poor, you were rich for too long and my powerty is your fault”. What tha hell are gonna do with that wealth in case it falls from the sky. Junk countries like mine are the ones who the most complains about contamination but we are the less ecological in other hand and so it is caused by rich countries? I don’t think so, if we are poor it is beacause we suck, we always wanna play the role of the innocent sheep. I realy feel shame of beeing bolivian. Capitalism prevails, Marx cqn kiss my wallet on my rear pocket.

Regards.

Here’s [B]something you’ll never hear[/B] from the fanatics who preach the MANMADE GLOBAL WARMING gospel:

"A recent spate of furious eruptions on the surface of the sun hurled a huge amount of heat toward Earth — the biggest dose our planet has received from our closest star in seven years, NASA scientists said.

"The solar eruptions began on March 6, and on March 8 a coronal mass ejection — a wave of charged particles — smashed into Earth’s magnetic field.

"For the next three days, the upper atmosphere, known as the thermosphere, absorbed 26 billion kilowatt-hours of energy. [B]Infrared radiation from carbon dioxide and nitric oxide, the two most efficient coolants in the thermosphere, radiated 95 percent of that total back into space.[/B]

[B]"…carbon dioxide and nitric oxide…play a key role in the energy balance hundreds of miles above our planet’s surface.

“…carbon dioxide and nitric oxide send the majority of the energy back into space.”[/B]

Those excerpts were copy/pasted from here. — I bolded several sentences for emphasis.

Imagine that! That nasty, old “greenhouse gas” carbon dioxide is largely responsible for [B]cooling[/B] the planet.

Carbon dioxide is not pollution. Carbon dioxide is plant food.

From Britain’s [I]Mail,[/I] as picked up and summarized by [I]NewsMax:[/I]

1. Global Warming Warnings Called ‘Gravely Flawed’

Six years ago, the BBC cited climate scientists in predicting that the Arctic would be ice-free in summer by 2013.

Instead, Arctic ice this August covered nearly a million more square miles of ocean than in August 2012 — an increase of 60 percent.

This has led Britain’s Mail on Sunday to report: “Some eminent scientists now believe the world is heading for a period of cooling that will not end until the middle of the century — a process that would expose computer forecasts of imminent catastrophic warming as dangerously misleading.”

The newspaper also asserted that global warming had paused since the beginning of 1997.

The pause is “important,” the Mail stated, because predictions of ever-increasing global temperatures “have made many of the world’s economies divert billions of pounds into ‘green’ measures to counter climate change. Those predictions now appear gravely flawed.”

Arctic ice now extends from Canada’s northern islands to Russia’s northern shore, blocking the Northwest Passage, and more than 20 yachts that had planned to sail it from the Atlantic to the Pacific have been left ice-bound.

Professor Anastasios Tsonis of the University of Wisconsin, who has investigated ocean cycles, said: “We are already in a cooling trend, which I think will continue for the next 15 years at least. There is no doubt the warming of the 1980s and 1990s has stopped.”

The Mail article, which has been criticized and even dismissed by some global warming proponents, points to evidence that Arctic ice levels are cyclical. There was a massive melt in the 1920s and 1930s, followed by an intense re-freeze that did not end until 1979 — the year the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change says the shrinking of Arctic ice began.

Dude, this is high school physics. In this case, CO2 is an insulator. Insulators IMPEDE the flow of heat energy between two different systems, in this case, heat energy from the Sun to the Earth. It gets reflected back into space.

And likewise, it’ll reflect heat energy from the Earth back into Earth, and thus you get the greenhouse effect.

[B]The coldest place in the world[/B]

[B]Excerpt —[/B]

“A new look at NASA satellite data revealed that Earth set a new record for coldest temperature recorded. It happened in August 2010 when it hit -135.8 degrees. Then on July 31 of this year, it came close again: -135.3 degrees.”

[B]Article and video —[/B]

Now that’s c-c-c-cold: Antarctica sets record of -135.8 degrees! - NBC News.com

[B]Another excerpt —[/B]

“Just because one spot on Earth has set records for cold that has little to do with global warming because it is one spot in one place, said Waleed Abdalati, an ice scientist at the University of Colorado and NASA’s former chief scientist.”

Who said anything about global warming?
Don’t you just love how certain scientists have to run to the microphones
and try to explain away anything that seems contrary to their religious beliefs in global warming?!

I am a little late to this thread but you, Clint, are waaaay behind the times. I haven’t heard the Phrase “global warming” in a number of years (since there is zero evidence that there is man-made global warming and any evidence that did exist was either shoddy, falsified or the projections haven’t come to fruition, much like Al Gore’s original claim that the Arctic would be ice-free by now).

The phrase has been replaced with “climate change.” That way, whether the earth warms or cools, the alarmists will be correct (and since the earth has cyclical warming and cooling they can always claim they called it way back when).

I think you mean that Waleed Abdalati is “waaaay behind the times”. He’s the so-called climate scientist who brought up “global warming” in the excerpt which I quoted.

All I did was call him out for it.

9 degrees F, or -12 C Here in Georgia.

I’m tired of this heat wave. Damn global warming!

the climate really change guys…
In my nation, exactly in jakarta city, there are some region that flown by sea water…
It indicating that, the ice is melt and make the sea volume increase…

Really? Is that a proof that ice is melting?

Climate change due to changes in the Earths orbit.
Milankovitch Cycles and Glaciation

Britain’s flood crisis deepens, Thames bursts banks

In January, Britain saw the most rainfall since King George was on the throne in 1760. For months, rising sea, river, surface and ground water have combined with abnormally strong winter storms to devastate communities up and down the nation.

May or may not be linked to climate change. But one way or another, if there is climate change, we will pay, either in the form of taxes or increased insurance premiums and repair bills. No such thing as a free lunch.

Aw, shucks — those dastardly volcanoes!

The High Priests of the Global Warming Religion are now blaming volcanoes

…for [I]interrupting[/I] their beloved global warming scenario.

You see, according to the U.N., man-made global warming is destroying the Earth, and…

…only a Worldwide Totalitarian Government can prevent the imminent extinction of all life on Earth.

Yeah, right.

I say…

Get the U.S. out of the U.N., and repudiate all previous “treaties” with that commie cartel.

:42:

need to watch “chasing ice”, beautiful documentary very sad however.

rgds

Nice news and links to go thro. Climate change is positive and is affecting globally, the change is not for us to see in any near generations. Its slow.

Here’s something I copied from an email I received from [I]NewsMax[/I] —

No Global Warming in 18 Years

On September 21, an estimated 300,000-plus demonstrators turned out for the People’s Climate March in New York City to call for international action against climate change.

Two days later, President Obama addressed the United Nations General Assembly and called on all countries to cut carbon emissions “right now.”

And eight days after that, October 1, will mark 18 consecutive years without global warming.

There has been “no significant warming trend in surface average temperature” in those 18 years, said Patrick Michaels, director of the Cato Institute’s Center for the Study of Science.

Al Gore and other climate change alarmists will have to concede that their predictions of catastrophic global warming were off by a long shot, Michaels, who has a doctorate in ecological climatology, told CNS News.

“It has to be admitted eventually that too much warming was forecast too fast,” he said. "This just has to happen. You can’t go on and on and on.

“If the surface temperature resumed the warming rate that we observed from, say 1977 through 1998, we would still go close to a quarter of a century without significant net warming because there’s such a long flat period built into the record now.”

Michaels pointed to findings by the University of Illinois’ Polar Ice Research Center that Antarctic ice “is at its highest extent measured by the current microwave satellite sounding system” since 1978.

“And if you take a close look at the Arctic data, it appears the decline [in polar ice] stopped around 2005/2006, which means we’ve almost had 10 years without any net loss in Arctic ice.”

Michaels spent three decades as a research professor of environmental sciences at the University of Virginia and was a contributing editor to the United Nations’ second Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change report.

He noted that in a survey earlier this year, global warming ranked No. 19 out of 20 issues that Americans consider top priorities — and contrasted that with Secretary of State John Kerry’s recent proclamation that climate change is “the biggest challenge of all that we face right now.”

Michaels told CNS: “I would say that his order of needs is a little bit out of whack.”

Link to another [I]NewsMax[/I] article — British Researcher: No Global Warming in 18 Years

Looks like it’s getting warmer to me… 2005 and 2010 were the 2 warmest years since 1880

I’m definitely bullish on this one. You know what they say… Don’t trade against the trend, but specially when it’s this freakin’ clear :smiley:

Uhhh, its easy science really. Any 5th grader can tell you that if you introduce an agent into an environment which in an insulating factor, that environment will change. It may not have a TEMPERATURE change immediately, but anyone who thinks climate change is just temperature is, well, not educated in what CLIMATE is. CLIMATE is the sum of all weather patterns in an area. And we have had, in the last 10 years, the most violent weather patterns in hundreds of years. Get it? Who gives a rats ass about one indicator which is not even a very important one? Not your average scientist, just the idiot politicians who seem to think that its important.