Closing winners too early

Good to see that you are giving concentration on your habits. Please do try to develop some real good habits which will facilitate you to bestow proper attention on all does and don’t. Yes, try to deal with the sentiments as we can’t actually give attention on controlling our emotions here.

I used to do that. Try not to look at the money. I’ve found that if I focus on the chart I’m less likely to close early.
What you should figure out is which one is making you close early…fear, or greed.
If its fear, well the only way is to trade it out of your system. Start with a smaller lot size and work up to where you want to be.
If its greed, think of this: every time you close instead of moving your stop-loss you’re taking a whack of profit off the table.
Oh, you mentioned watching the running trade…I’m betting that’s half your problem. If you trade the 15 minute or higher, set an alarm and stop stressing about the trade. It’s either that or switch to the 5 minute or one minute.

1 Like

In fact, at the first stages of work, this is quite understandable, because the trader does not have enough experience and wants to fix his result. I think it’s even good.