CM Timebased indicator

Can anybody explain or recommend to me how to use The CM Timebased indicator

1 Like

Welcome to the community friend. And pardon my ignorance, can you tell me what CM is?

1 Like

Depending on the version of the indicator you’re using, you might be able to change some settings like the time frame you want to look at, or certain patterns or cycles you want the indicator to highlight. Change these based on your trading strategy and the asset you’re analyzing. The indicator might point out certain times or spots on the chart where past data shows there’s a good chance for prices to move in a certain way. These spots could be hints for when to buy or sell. But, it’s key to think about these hints along with other market info and indicators. Don’t just use one indicators by itself. Mix this time-based indicator with other indicators to make sure the hints are solid. Look for confluence with trends, volume, price patterns, or other indicators.

Hi Ayodimej - the “CM” indicators were a set of indicators invented by a vendor called Chris Moody (of rather questionable reputation, to be polite about it!) who used to promote his wares via the TradingView site some years ago.

He hasn’t updated anything there for a few years and his own website disappeared, a while back, when its domain-subscription and hosting were not renewed.

That may tell some people what they want to know. Others may apparently still be interested in spite of all that. For myself, I would avoid anything to do with Mr Moody, but that’s personal opinion only.

I have no idea what any of that has to do with what was actually asked.

1 Like

Sure, the CM Time-Based Indicator is like a highlighter for your trading chart. You just pop it on your chart, tweak the settings to show the times you care about (like when big markets open), and it helps you spot the best times to make your moves. Super handy for keeping track of busy trading hours!

No problem, that’s just lack of language comprehension. I understand.

For the CM Timebased indicator, start by setting it up on your trading chart. Focus on its signals for entry and exit points—when it suggests bullish trends, consider buying, and for bearish trends, think about selling. Adjust the settings to match your trading style and always backtest with historical data to fine-tune your approach.