Coffee is life, don't you agree?

Just grinded (ground?grounded?) my very first batch of fresh coffee beans ever!

Long time coffee drinker who last year switched from kcups to a regular coffee machine and coffee grounds. I took the plunge this week and bought a coffee bean grinder, and just brewed the first batch of fresh (fresher?) Columbian beans.

I’m also currently on a sugar break, so no sugar (real, raw or alternative) in my coffee, so the taste buds have been severely mad at me. But taking the first sip just now, with some half and half, not too shabby. I think I’ll need some sugar at some point to get a complete flavor profile, but Columbian beens seem tasty. I’ve got another unopened bag of medium dark Arabic beans waiting for a taste too, so there’s something else to look forward to.

Any recommendations of beans I can get my hands on from other coffee enthusiasts?

7 Likes

Wooow! :smiley: Haha. I’ve always wanted to try that too. :smiley: Haha. How was it? :smiley:

I love coffee too. But I can’t imagine my coffee without cream and sugar. :sweat_smile:

Good, for not having sugar. Felt the caffeine working its way up and down my spine. That’s a good thing, right? :wink:

Oof how’s that going for ya?

Hate it, but I’m not dead. Part of larger workout thing and eat thing I’m doing. 4th week with no sugar in my coffee.

Coffee is life, don’t you agree? Not at all… But if you are coffee lover then it will be. For all coffee admirer Coffee is your life. It can be right to say Good Ideas start with brainstorming and GREAT ideas start with the cup a Coffee! :thinking:

1 Like

its a smart reply , thanks dextor for your nice post.

I had a cup of coffee from freshly ground beans last week and it tasted great. The next evening I had a filter coffee with condensed milk (I normally have my coffee black and with no sugar. That was great too.

(I never never never drink instant coffee).

I feel my whole world has been turned upside down 3 days ago. I’ll be buying some beans and a grinder and some condensed milk asap.

2 Likes

Yea, this is the way to go to enjoy the benefits of coffee without the unhealthy sugars of instant coffee. 3 cups a day for me. Hehe… this cat usually buys beans on the medium roast or the dark roast for that strong and full flavor. Yummy! :heart_eyes_cat:

Putting that on my possible future tattoos list.

Super sweet stuff. My mom’s favorite.

That’s what I bought! I’ve had recommendations to buy a light roast with natural sweet flavors, maybe a vanilla bean.

1 Like

adding condensed milk as a sweetener is what my family does, I think it’s a Jamaican thing also LOL its amazing with oatmeal also (if you like oatmeal lol)

1 Like

Sugar content is off the charts though…from a health perspective, probably something not for me since I drink 3-4 cups a day. That would be a lot of sugar.

But it would taste fantastic I bet.

Yeaa i wouldn’t recommend to drink 3-4 cups with condensed milk LOL but you’re absolutely right, it tastes awesome!

Oooh you know what’s good, mashed avocado with condensed milk! lmao okay totally off-topic now but that’s delicious!

1 Like

I haven’t thought about trying that, but I definitely will lol also grapefruit with a tad bit of condensed milk drizzled on top is great too lmao

Oooh THAT ONE I haven’t tried! A strange combination but I’ll have to try it out!

1 Like

Yesss! If you like grapefruit then you should like it :slight_smile:

Grapefruit and coffee! What next?

2 Likes

I’m a teetotaler but I do enjoy a good cup of coffee now and then.

For those concerned about their sugar intake (as well you should be), you might consider trying monk fruit extract. It’s 150 - 200 times sweeter than sugar and does not bear the harmful side effects of sugar.

That sounds absolutely NOT amazing!

Wow, that’s sweet! I’ll have to check that out. Checked it out, they sell it on Amazon! So… It must be legit.