Coinbase exploring new assets - BAT, ADA, XLM, ZEC ZRX

Who’s in on any of these?

Pretty big news. I imagine a bump on the lower priced ones if and when this happens.

i have ada, and xlm :slight_smile:

Oh wow! I have ADA, BAT, and XLM.

1 Like

i always hope that on one random morning the price for one of them will be over $10 at least LOL hey, you never know

1 Like

Shoot for the moon! Let’s hope for at least $100 each haha. :blush:

1 Like

Yeah!! I also have ADA and XLM!

1 Like

And there you have it, ZRX launched on Coinbase and Coinbase Pro this week, and last week. Probably not a coincidence that the people behind ZRX have ties to Coinbase.

And ZRX got a super nice bounce when it hit Coinbase on Monday. It was up 30% for some time, coming in at 20+% over the last 7 days.

So, keep an eye on what Coinbase might list next, and get in early to get that “Coinbase bounce”.

https://www.ccn.com/coinbase-bounce-ethereum-token-0x-rallies-17-after-crypto-exchange-listing/

Still potentials to be listed, as mentioned by FFF, are ZEC, BAT, ADA and XLM.

Here’s the latest from Coinbase on their most recent supported asset, BAT, which we’ve talked about before.

Like the article says, its on available to Coinbase Pro accounts. Up 18% over the last 7 days, 10% in the last 24H. The bounce is real!

Who’s next?!?

There’s also talk about Coinbase adding XRP, who’s flirting with being the number two coin, by market cap, behind BTC (depending on whether you’re using total supply or circulating supply to calculate market cap).

Excellent read on some of the issues Coinbase might have with XRP, that are leading it to list, or not list, XRP next.

https://hacked.com/the-ripple-debate-continues-as-coinbase-considers-listing-xrp/

1 Like

And since the release on just plain Coinbase, down close to 20% and still falling. Sweet!

The list has been made. The whales are pumping the prices already and getting us little fish in, to dump once their predetermined gains have been met. I know, it’s a pessimistic viewpoint, but it’s buy, pump, dump, rinse and repeat.

Cardano, Zcash, Stellar Surge Prior to Coinbase Listing; XLM up 27%
https://www.ccn.com/cardano-zcash-stellar-surge-prior-to-coinbase-listing-xlm-up-27/

Supported cryptos as of December 17, 2018

And here’s a list of what they’re currently looking at as of Dec 7, 2018:

Digital assets that Coinbase is exploring
Towards that end, Coinbase is exploring a broad range of assets which include, in alphabetical order by symbol: Cardano (ADA), Aeternity (AE), Aragon (ANT), Bread Wallet (BRD), Civic (CVC), Dai (DAI), district0x (DNT), EnjinCoin (ENJ), EOS (EOS), Golem Network (GNT), IOST (IOST), Kin (KIN), Kyber Network (KNC), ChainLink (LINK), Loom Network (LOOM), Loopring (LRC), Decentraland (MANA), Mainframe (MFT), Maker (MKR), NEO (NEO), OmiseGo (OMG), Po.et (POE), QuarkChain (QKC), Augur (REP), Request Network (REQ), Status (SNT), Storj (STORJ), Stellar (XLM), XRP (XRP), Tezos (XTZ), and Zilliqa (ZIL).

Source: https://blog.coinbase.com/coinbase-continues-to-explore-support-for-new-digital-assets-92ba4ab7f465

Rather long list. Might as well say, “anything and everything!”

Well, that didn’t take long at all. Coinbase Pro just added four more assets: Ethereum tokens Dai (DAI), Golem (GNT), Maker (MKR), and Zilliqa (ZIL)

I’ll be honest, I’ve only heard of Golem previously.

Coinbase now selling the Coinbase Bundle, where you buy, at one time, the first 5 currencies listed on Coinbase. A single order gets you BTC, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Litcoin and Ethereum Classic, with the distribution of each in the bundle weighted by their respective market cap.

Check it out. Definitely an easy way to get exposure to multiple currencies with a single purchase.

You’re also only paying Coinbase’s commission charge once, so this is the least expensive way to buy all five cryptocurrencies at once (at least when using Coinbase).

Once you’ve bought the bundle, you can only track each individual currency’s performance, and not the bundle’s performance as a whole. That stinks a little bit.

Coinbase, the San Francisco based crypto currency exchange, has officially filed to go public with a direct listing, which according to some analysts may raise the company’s valuation to over 100 billion USD.

What that means is that Coinbase could go public at a higher initial valuation than any other U.S. technological company since Facebook.

The last time Coinbase raised funds was in 2018, when the company’s valuation reached 8 billion USD from a little over 1,6 billion USD in 2017.

I believe they had something like $300 million in profits in 2020. Astounding.

However, how they generate most of their revenue - through transaction fees - might be an issue for investors down the road, especially if we hit another prolonged crypto winter…

Transaction fees account for 96% of their revenue. Low volume = low fees.

They will also see increased competition from decentralized exchanges and unregulated centralized exchanges. Interesting company to follow down the road.

Everyone and their mom are interested in cryptos now, so this is not all that surprising, though it is impressive.

They were in 2017/2018, the difference now is institutional hedge fund money in Bitcoin

True. I just hope the bubble doesn’t pop again like it did in 2017.

I don’t think it will. 2017 was simply grandma hype lol