Color combinations for your trading charts

I use light mode during the day for everything except TradingView so I don’t get “used” to light mode. I also try to use computer glasses!

Oh wow. From sheer eye strain?

1 Like

Yup! Weird right? So, I do my best to lean back. Fortunately, the redness went away.

Those glasses might not be doing what you think they’re doing.

2 Likes

I use blue light screen protectors that goes over the monitor, I also heard you can use sunglasses.

You Get More Blue Light Exposure From The Sun Than Your Screens

Although people often associate blue light with computers and phones, the largest source of blue light is sunlight. Other sources include fluorescent light, compact fluorescent light bulbs and LED light. Blue light exposure from screens is much less than the amount of exposure from the sun. It’s also no more damaging than blue light from the sun, Dr. Khurana says.

2 Likes

Your chart looks colorful, like a rainbow! :rainbow: Thanks for sharing!

I use prescription eyeglasses with blue light filter lenses and yes, my eyes still hurt when I’m using gadgets.

Me too! I actually have double blue light protectors on my trading laptop. Will I do that again? Probably not. The science doesn’t support the use.

1 Like

I forgot to mention that I used to use my phone in bed before going to sleep. My phone was directly in front of my face for about 15 minutes or so every night. This may have been the bigger culprit than the laptop.

I stopped using my phone in bed, and also increased the distance between my laptop and I.

Using sunglasses while using the computer works better, I need to get prescription sunglasses since I wear glasses

1 Like

A revelation! Although, I have to say my eyes feel a little better when I wear it lol so I’ll keep doing it just for that thought alone :sweat_smile:

You’re wearing sunglasses while using your computer?? No way!! How about while watching TV or using the microwave? haha

You’re one step away from wearing them in the shower!

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: The only difference is that I’m not directly looking at blue light for 12 to 16 hours a day, like I do with a computer screen.

By the way, I found out about blue light when I was at a doctor’s office, they had that screen over their computers, I asked about it, they told me what it was used for, but I had already lost some vision by then, otherwise I wish I have discovered it sooner.

2 Likes

I think green and red suit the best on black chart and I am stuck to it.

1 Like

I personally can’t stand dark mode for my trading platform. I feel like my eyes get tired fairly quickly.
So I always use the white background and red and blue candlesticks.
If I make it red and green I won’t be able to distinguish the bearish from the bullish candle. Probably I am colorblind:)

Same for me! My eyes get sooo tired in dark mode. I respect other people’s preferences but as for me I definitely prefer light mode always. Apparently, we’re in a minority. Funny how different we are!

Actually the original or default Japanese Candlestick colors are black and white, with black being bearish and white being bullish.

A few years ago, just after lockdown, I spent a couple of hundred pounds on some snazzy Oakley specs with special lenses to filter out some of the blue light that the optician convinced me was slowly damaging my eyes. They look good enough and they do seem to reduce the glare from my multiple monitors but, actually, I found out recently that the whole blue light thing was a bit of a sales gimmick, clever marketing really. You can read what USA Today have to say about blue light glasses below.

Do Blue Light Glasses Really Work?

I still wear my over-priced blue light specs but my next eye check is nearly due and I am probably going to get a new set of specs with ordinary lenses instead.

As for my screen, I use dark mode. Here’s a screenshot of one of my TV charts:

As you can see, I don’t use black and white candles because I think that doesn’t necessarily provide the quick, at-a-glance clarity I’m looking for but I do dull down the colours.

I love dark mode and whenever an app or site offer it, I’m either automatically opted in as a result of my phone setting or I manually select it as my default preference. Hint, hint Babypips :slight_smile:

i use DarkGray for background , bull candle = white bear candle = black , and red for tp sl and yellow for entry point line ,

dark mode with bullish candles in blue and bearish candles in red is visually effective. It provides a clear and intuitive color scheme for differentiating market conditions, enhancing chart readability

For my opinion, the standard color MT5 that provides the original color is the best that doesn’t strain your eyes badly especially in dark mode and also to differentiate between bullish and bearish candles are obvious.

Bullish (Greenish Blueish)
Bearish (Red)