Comments on FOREX.com

Hi everyone,

I’m about to sign up for a live account, and I narrowed down a potential broker to FOREX.com mainly because they have an amazing platform and trading tools. However, before I plunge in, does anyone here use FOREX.com, and if so, how is your experience with them so far? I want to make sure that I am making the right decision regarding my broker.

I have read multiple posts about FOREX.com but most of it are already dated so a more recent feedback would be much much appreciated. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Liz,

We’re glad to hear you are considering FOREX.com. It may interest you to know we have a dedicated discussion thread on this forum.

You are talking about a very huge broker here. It is very well regulated (even though it does not guarantee success). What country are you from? It seems the broker offers certain features depending on what country you are in. So make sure you choose your region and see what the broker has to offer for your country.

Not the greatest fan but they’re regulated. Make sure you know what kind of account you’re signing up for, pros/cons, and more importantly you have the required capital. I think their minimum trade lots are 1000 units.

Hi @momoisnyc,

Based on your forum name, we’re guessing you live in New York City. As the #1 FX broker in the US based on the most recent data from the CFTC on retail client deposits, it’s the goal of FOREX.com to address your trading needs. What could we do better to meet that goal for you?

1 Like

Something to note, I think Forex.com is the only broker I see a lot here. So in terms of customer service, at least you know they have someone in here to talk to you in case something happens.

1 Like

I like the flexibility of choosing how many units I like to enter in a trade especially when I’m testing a new idea/strategy. I don’t get that flexibility with FOREX.com. Again you guys are regulated and are one of the more popular ones(I have a small account), it’s just not my go to.

Thanks for your feedback. Hypothetically speaking, would it make a difference to you if our minimum trade size was reduced to 100 units of base currency AKA nano lots, or would you not be completely satisfied unless our minimum trade size was reduced to something even smaller?

Yes actually I’m pretty certain I’m not the only individual that likes to backtest theories and plans sometimes. It definitely helps actually I use Oanda and backtest a few different strategies using this method.

Thanks for your reply, but we are unclear about how your response relates to our question about minimum trade sizes. Also, we do offer back testing functionality.

I was saying I do agree having either nano lots or even smaller lots would help. I hope that clears what I’m trying to say.

Yes thank you, it seems you are saying nano lots would be better for you than micro lots, but ideally you want to be able to trade even smaller.

If you trade one nano lot of EUR/USD, you are risking 1 cent per pip. Ideally, how little do you want to risk per pip when trading EUR/USD? One tenth of a cent? One hundredth of a cent? One thousandth of a cent?

@FOREX.com Yes I regularly trade mini lots & standard lots, but like I said when I’m testing new ideas I like to trade micro lots on them until I have backtested them in real time and truly get to gauge the performance.