Competitive Trader Thread!

@Ben1987

Day trade in demo mate !

Also - when you make areal money trade, you might find it educational to do the exact reverse at the same time - in “Demo” - just to see how it works out :slight_smile:

[EDit - calm down Ben - It IS OK - For you to STOP now and revert to DEMO Account - Your money is important. Nobody here will think less of you for posting “Demo” trades - Well IF they do - I’ll THUMP em’ :sunglasses:

Thanks, falstaff :grin:If it goes down to $210
I’ll definitely trade demo for another two weeks to compare the difference in attitude.

Also, practicing my unsure strategies on demo wouldn’t be a bad idea, especially news and day trading. I’ll leave my swing trade on my real account.

I am more serious when it comes to my own money and put more emphasis in learning. It’s money I can comfortably lose, however, if I want to be successful, every cent matters to me :smile:. I’ll hustle for every one cent :money_mouth_face:

Just to add to that
I personally would respect it more,
it shows intelligence

well, THAT and i don’t want to get THUMPED by @Falstaff :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I agree,

My profitability on day trading and news trading is probably disasterous lol.

I’ll leave it to demo trading and swing trade my idea on my real account. Since I have an idea on the USDJPY or even EURUSD.

Also, I know that if I keep honing my skills in trading, the better I will get. These failed trade ideas will mean nothing in a year or two anyways. They’re only $1 or $2 dollar mistakes lol, gotta keep positive. Keep working on my risk management that suits my trading style, if I do demo, I won’t be working on my actual risk management requirements.

If it gets bad this week, I’ll practice on demo. Which will motivate me to avoid because I dont want to slow down my progress in learning and being serious.

Ok, a new week and new trade plans :grin:

The US DXY is showing slight strength and decided that I will bet against the major economies for today and consider my swing trade for USDJPY on a better day.

Currently, my capital is:

My focus is in distributing my risk depending on the probability of success, therefore, I have arranged my position accordingly to my intuition of probability of success. I will probably need to keep tally on the performance of each trade after next week, creating a trade performance journal.

I took a day trade based on the likelihood of the US DXY correcting temporary, I lowered my position sized and plan on closing this trade before the economic event of GBP and EURO.

This will happen in 2 hours roughly and if the economic events show confusing statements, I’ll choose the currency that will have the highest probability of success, which will be linked with the correction of the US DXY and bad economic data from either economies.

Currently my trade is NZDUSD (day trade position size 300, risk amount- S/L 0.17%, T/P 0.23%):

In this trade, I considered the price action of bulls exhausting, US DXY overall gaining slight strength and the volatility.

I took a Swing trade based on technicals alone and will be holding it for 3-5 days.

I based my decision on the recent strong downtrend and price action showing slight bullish move on the GBP with stochastic oversold and MA looking to head upwards.

GBP/AUD (Swing trade, position size 500, risk amount - S/L 1.3% capital, T/P 1.61%)

Reminder:

My total risk for the week is -

2% on swing trading = $4.5
1.5% on day and news trading = $3.375
= $7.875

Write W/L ratio at the end of the week.

I lost -$0.32 on my short-term trade on the EURUSD.

It met consensus, which was a bit of a gamble on what direction, so I just went with “US DXY recovery.”

EURUSD position size 200

I have $3.055 left for my swing trading = 1.357% left.

I closed my NZDUSD trade and profit: $0.3, so I have my 1.5% of risk capital again.

The US hasn’t recovered from the USDCHF just yet, moving average going up also,

I took this trade based on the US DXY showing signs of appreciation and correction.

USD/CHF position size 300, S/L 0.39%, T/P 0.39%

I exit my trade of USD/CHF of +$0.13 since a possible reversal could happen since the stochastic is overbought now.

I entered USD/JPY which seems for a bigger chance of a reversal.

USDJPY position size 300

I exit my trade for USD/JPY and got +$0.33

When I swing trade, put more emphasis on higher timeframe S/R and look at trend on multi timeframe.

The gbpaud on a higher time frame was actually consolidating on a Support level.

Also, no fundamentals to support gbp currency to increase.

Ended up losing $2.91

This time I placed my T/P and S/L according to psychological areas and support/resistance levels, so my probability of hitting the area is higher. I put a sell order, knowing this area is an area of resistance.

EURCHF (Swing - position size 500)

GBPUSD (Swing - position size 500)

My trading performance for the month.

EURCHF

I closed my EURCHF and profit $2.26
I re-entered and lost $1.72
I went long at the bottom and profit $3.00

I still have my GBPUSD trade on today

Capital today:

I can see why some news can be irrelevant when the trend is stronger than the actual news, but I do think fundamental reading and economic events are still essential to know and need to be implemented while trading. Anyways, at the moment, Market sentiment and recognising the trend is probably more relevant on a higher time frame.

With very positive news on the NZD “trade balance,” there was no unusual moves on the economic event, where atm, all the major economies were bearish against the USD, which makes the news lose its potential to change the currency strength much. If most of the economies were bullish against the USD, then bullish moves on the news would of been rewarded.

I closed my trade and lost -$0.35.

IMO, the rally of GBP from the previous bull of all major currencies against USD was over did. Hence why, I took another trade against the GBP with CAD, it might not have the best fundamentals but it had the best technical base trade. Fundamentally, Oil is going down also, which moves the CAD in close correlation. But overall, Oil prices ain’t that low, which will make it slightly a stronger economy than UK.

GBP/CAD (position size 500)

I profit $2.81 from my GBP/USD trade and entered a new trade on EUR/CAD. This is based on Oil price in a recovery zone, EUR overreaction of last fundamental movements with JPY. Also, Stochastic oversold with the higher timeframe as 1D and 1W.

I tried buying the news retracement for the overall trend major currencies, which is bullish.

I made three bad trades last night:

AUDUSD: -$0.65
GBPUSD: -$1.91
CHFJPY: -$1.56

Made some changes to my strategy and will only open two trades at one time only, not three.

Starting capital

**AUDUSD **

The overall trend of AUD is bullish, I tried taking a news retracement and could have made a better entry point, but overall pleased with it.

Hi Ben, just a suggestion… you could use a WMA (22) Coloured Slope Indicator which will simplify market direction over the 2 MA’s you have now, just makes the chart clearer and may give a more defined market direction.

Your platform looks proprietary Oanda so I am unable to direct you to the physical Indicator.

Hope you find this of some help.

Thanks, will definitely input it.

Now, when I look at the price line, pretty dissatisfied with my entry point.