Complete Currency Dynamics

Good evening.
Here’s Thursday’s totals.
Quarterly table.

• CHF (pink) most bid that session +1.73%.
  • GBP (blue) most sold that session -2.93%.
  • Negative flow -6.62%.
  • USD (white) most bid currency today +2.07%.
  • GBP most sold currency today -6.34%.

To me the most eye catching thing is the GBP. Being sold off so much.

Let’s look at the monthly table.

Interesting to see nothing but safe haven currencies up at the top.

Alright. We have one more day. Then it’s all over. Week. Month. Quarter. Let’s see how it fly’s tomorrow.
See ya in the morning.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (447.6 KB)

1 Like

Good morning.
It’s Friday. Let’s see what’s happening.
Quarterly table.

• NZD (dark red) most bid that session +1.72%.
  • CHF (pink) most sold that session -1.47%.
  • Positive flow 7.88%.

We definitely have some risk-on buying. Check this out.

• CHF (pink) -1.47%.
  • JPY (purple) -1.23%.
  • USD (white) - 1.12%.

Monthly table.

Well, I will be interested to see whether the JPY will be able to stay on top. Cause the Comm brothers are having a good day so far. Easily, they can take that down. We’ll see.

Alright.
See ya in a few.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (454.5 KB)

2 Likes

Good morning.
It’s Friday with one more session to go. Let’s see how it’s playing out so far today.
Quarterly table.

• GBP (blue) most bid that session +1.03%.
  • JPY (purple) most sold that session -.99%.
  • Positive flow 2.64%.

I’m still not seeing a whole lot of movement. Sure, their moving, but not for any real changes. Seems like the NZD (dark red) was when the real party took place, on Wednesday.

How about the monthly table.

I’m still wondering whether the JPY (purple) can keep the top spot. The Comm brothers are still having a decent day so far.

So, in the context of each of the 3 sessions, I would have to say that the biggest moves come during the US session. And there’s no big surprise why. The Europeans are still in session. It’s the overlap. But sure, the big moves can happen anytime. It depends on what happens out there in the world.

Therefore, it should be interesting what happens from here on out. See, it doesn’t always line up like this, in which is the most perfect time to end the week…month…and quarter.

We’ll see what happens.
And I’ll see ya then. Right before the weekend starts.
Be careful.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (460.6 KB)

2 Likes

Good evening.
Here’s the results for Friday.
Quarterly table.

• CAD (brown) most bid that session +3.90%.
  • GBP (blue) most sold that session -4.82%.
  • Positive flow 1.16%.
  • CAD most bid currency today +4.07%.
  • JPY (purple) most sold currency today -2.51%.

Well, it’s in.

You know, I’m aware that I’m always saying things like “We need to see end of day…we need end of week to come…we need more of it to unravel…etc”. Well, enough of that nonsense. It’s over. So, what do we have now?

Big picture on in. We can say that…

• The Comms are not giving up so easily.
  • The JPY is not easily going away, from the top.
  • The EUR is quite weak.
  • The GBP is very weak.
  • The safe haven currencies are right in the middle. Anything can happen, moving forward from here.
  • I believe the CAD experienced a take profit day, month, maybe even for the quarter. They are still too weak to think a change is over yonder.

Basically, this week we experienced a bit of some strong safe haven currencies. For the most part, it’s a mixed bag. Surely no one is dominating. I mean, the NZD was the dominating one this month, but we all know that they fell apart. And I’m thinking that the money right now is thinking of where to go next.

I’ve talked so much, this week, about end of month and quarter. So, what happened? Just look up there. The JPY (purple) gained a lot of strength. And so, next week, I will be watching them closely.

See. I like to know where’s the majority going to? I don’t care if it’s more of a selling of a currency, or a buying of a currency. It’s the tilt that makes our jobs a little easier. Know what I mean?

Oh, and I have my eye on the EUR (yellow) also. The fundamentals with them, I believe, is what’s gonna ruin them. I don’t think it’s looking good. At all. We’ll see though.

Alright.
Know what? I’m done talking.
It’s the weekend.
Time to read and spend time with family.
Make it a good one!
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (449.9 KB)

1 Like

Good morning.
Welcome to a new month.
Here’s how it started out.

• AUD (red) most bid that session +2.52%.
  • JPY (purple) most sold that session -3.06%.
  • Positive flow 9.86%.

That is the running totals for the year. I guess we can call that the prevailing trend.

This is the monthly table. No more quarterly, right? Till next month.

Don’t have time to talk. But, it’s definitely risk-on happening.
Alright. See ya in a few hours.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (459.5 KB)

1 Like

Good morning.
Here’s a little more April Fools.
Yearly table.

• GBP (blue) most bid that session +1.51%.
  • AUD (red) most sold that session -.93%.
  • A bit of positive flow .21%.

Alright. Now that I’m awake. What’s going on?

Looks like we simply have a retracement from the opening session. The AUD dropped a bit. Not quite half of what they gained last session. So, their not in all that bad of shape.

One thing I found interesting, was how the GBP/JPY pair is the top spread pair on both tables. I guess I should explain that again, huh?

Well, what we have is the running percentages in the specific context. So, in the yearly context, the most bid currency and the most sold currency’s difference equals those percentages. On the yearly running, it’s +51.24%. On the monthly (which by the way is just today) is +5.37%. Those are the extremes. You can’t find any matched up pair that have a bigger difference of their running %'s. Got it?

Well, I find it interesting that on both tables it’s that pair. Surely that’ll change soon. Remember, when the month is just starting out, it’s not all that clear what the demand sentiment seems to be, moving forward. That usually happens just after NFP Friday. Then things are a little more clearer.

Anyway. As we always know. In the short term, the most (best) numbers come at the end of the day. Like today, we’ll have to see how the Comm brothers end up. Oh, I think they might be ok, cause China came out with some encouraging data recently. That might be their boost. But, we’ll have to see what everyone else thinks.

Alright.
Make it count today.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (470.1 KB)

1 Like

Good evening.
First day of April under our belts. What did it look like?
Yearly table.

• CAD (brown) most bid that session +3.77%.
  • CHF (pink) most sold that session -2.36%.
  • Positive flow 8.97%.
  • GBP (blue) most bid today in total +4.84%.
  • JPY (purple) most sold today in total -4.15%.

Well, I would have to say that these are some pretty big numbers, for a Monday. I mean, for some reason, things are moving. But then again, it’s the first of the month. And I do believe that money wants to go where it wants to go. You know, like a fresh start.

One thing I noticed though. Concerning the CAD. Boy, at a beginning of a month, they sure do like to travel. There’s probably something up with that. Like their central bank moving price. I don’t know, really. It’s interesting to me though.

Anyway. How about the monthly table.

Sure was a selling for the Yen.
A buying for the Pound.
Looks like the safe havens are more of a sell.

Alright. Let’s just take it one day at a time.
We’ll see what happens tomorrow.
Have a good night.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (454.0 KB)

1 Like

Good morning.
Here’s how Tuesday market began.
Yearly table.

• USD (white) most bid that session +1.66%.
  • AUD (red) most sold that session -2.41%.
  • Some real negative flow -10.68%.

And here’s the monthly table.

It’s definitely risk-off. The USD, JPY, CHF were all the top buying currencies.

Well, let’s see if today will bring some high volatility. Like yesterday.

Alright.
See ya in a few.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (461.7 KB)

Good morning.
Here’s more Tuesday.
Yearly table.

• AUD (red) most bid that session +1.09%.
  • GBP (blue) most sold that session -.81%.
  • Positive flow .55%.

Just so you know, this table is only good for having an idea of what the prevailing trend is. Therefore, it gives the best idea of what kind of flow took place. Right?

I do prefer the monthly table. Let’s look at it.

• We can see here that the CAD (brown) is still moving.
  • The Comm brothers are still net negative today.
  • Safe havens are still net positive today.

Well, not a whole lot I can talk about. Let’s just remember what’s on the minds of money. We have NFP happening at the end of the week.

And, I do believe, money is positioning itself as we are still at the beginning of the quarter. It’s always best to see whether it slants to the risk-on currencies, or the risk-off currencies, first. And well, so far, the Comms aren’t looking too good. Usually we get that sense more around the middle of the week. But this week, I think it’ll show itself after NFP Friday. Know what I mean?

Alright.
Let’s do what we do, and make the best of it.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (470.1 KB)

1 Like

Good evening.
Tuesday’s over. Let’s look at it.
Yearly table.

• GBP (blue) most bid that session +5.73%.
  • NZD (dark red) most sold that session -2.28%.
  • About even on the flow .1%.
  • GBP most bid currency today +3.24%.
  • NZD most sold currency today -4.49%.

Well, something happened late today, with the Pound. What a shocker. It seems like that took the steam out of the safe haven currencies run.

Here’s the monthly table.

You don’t need to be a genius to figure out that the NZD has crashed. They took the biggest hit during the US session. But, they were heading in that direction anyway. In fact, the AUD (red) took back some losses as the day progressed. Very interesting. Those 2 diverged.

I think the memory is still hanging around about the NZD. Remember they bad economic outlook recently? Well, for a confirmation, we’ll have to see when the risk-on comes back, how much strength they have. Cause they sure can flex the strength. Until then, it ain’t looking good.

Alright.
Have a good night, and I’ll see ya in the a.m.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (457.0 KB)

Good morning.
Here’s some Wednesday market.
Yearly table.

• AUD (red) most bid that session +3.65%.
  • JPY (purple) most sold that session -2.99%.
  • Very high positive flow 12.68%.

Ok. So, definitely looking like risk-on.

The market turned from yesterday. Now the Comms got some pips going. Let’s see how it all unravels today.

See ya in a few.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (464.3 KB)

Good morning.
Let’s see what’s happening on this Wednesday.
Yearly table.

• EUR (yellow) most bid that session +1.32%.
  • GBP (blue) most sold that session -.88%.
  • Negative flow -2.34%.

I would say that the Comms still have the upper hand today. This is what it looks like since the open.

• AUD (red) running at +3.40%.
  • NZD (dark red) running at +2.39%.
  • EUR (yellow) running at +1.06%.

The rest are in the negative numbers.

I find it interesting to see how much the JPY (purple) is being sold off. To me, that’s whats most notable. I guess we can surmise that the Comms (risk-on currencies) just don’t want to lay down that easily. We can lump the GBP (blue) into the risk-on currencies.

It’s always a back and forth game. No real domination happening so far this month. Let’s just see how the day turns out.

Alright.
Make it a good day today. See ya at the end.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (477.2 KB)

Good evening.
Here’s a look at Wednesday’s totals.
Yearly table.

• JPY (purple) most bid that session +1.11%.
  • CAD (brown) most sold that session -1.42%.
  • Negative flow -3.28%.
  • AUD (red) most bought currency today +3.56%.
  • JPY (purple) most sold currency today -2.30%.

I find it very interesting to see the Yen be the most bought up currency during the US session. Sure, it could be nothing but a retracement from what happened in the earlier sessions. But…is this a turn moving forward into the Asian session? Like the start of a run? We’ll have to see.

Well, all I know is that we’re heading into the last part of the week, which ends up with NFP.

I am keeping my eye on the JPY. Where does it want to go?
Also, the Comm brothers.

Alright.
Have a good night.
See ya in the morning.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (460.7 KB)

Good morning.
What’s happening on this Thursday.
Yearly table.

• GBP (blue) most bid that session +1.36%.
  • CAD (brown) most sold that session -1.23%.
  • Positive flow 1.46%.

Not all that much moving. Let’s see the monthly table.

Yep. Still. Not much moving. :slight_smile:
There’s just not much to talk about.
So therefore, let’s just get on with this day.
Alright. See ya in a few.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (467.3 KB)

Good morning.
Little more Thursday.
Yearly table.

• CAD (brown) most bid that session +1.47%.
  • GBP (blue) most sold that session -2.12%.
  • Negative flow -3.4%.

The CAD took back their losses since the open. And a little bit more.

The GBP took back their winnings since the open. Then kept on going down.

Therefore, we had a real turn around. Things are just going back and forth, right?

Monthly table.

Although, it’s interesting to see the divergence between the AUD (red) and the NZD (dark red).

Check this out.
2019-04-04_0823
2019-04-04_0824
That’s the whole field. Look at the right running percentages. I’m forever looking at these, if you can’t guess by now. But, what I want to point out is, that today is really not going anywhere. Usually, it goes like this.

• During the Asian session (first session), they will end up around 30 - 40%. Running totals for the day.
  • During the London morning session (second session), they will be up around 50 - 60%. Running totals for the day.
  • At the end of the day (US session close), they’ll be somewhere around 1%.

I guess you can call that their ADR (average daily range), in percentages. Well, today, we’re talking they are way below what normal is. And so, basically, no one is dominating, running away with some kind of trend. Also, there’s a lot of back and forth going on.

I don’t know. It’s interesting to me.
I’ll have to say, due to seeing this every single day, there’s a good chance things are winding up for something big. You know how that goes, consolidation before a break out.

Winding up, I think.
We’ll see.

I’ll see ya at the close.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (473.0 KB)

Good evening.
Let’s see how Thursday turned out.
Yearly table.

• AUD (red) most bid that session +1.44%.
  • GBP (blue) most sold that session -2.78%.
  • Negative flow -3.38%.
  • AUD most bought today in total +1.74%.
  • GBP most sold today in total -3.54%.

Wow. I still can’t believe the divergence between the AUD (red) and the NZD (dark red). Today, in total…

• AUD +1.74%.
  • NZD -1.56%.

We’re talking their on complete opposite sides of the whole field. Something is up. And I don’t know what.

Anyway. How about the monthly table.

See there. The NZD took the bottom spot. I mean, through both London and the US sessions, they went separate ways. I don’t know.

And nobody else is doing anything either. Other than the Pound taking a pretty good hit. But, that’s to be expected with them. Their so volatile. Well, other than that, I don’t think there’s all that much happening around here, huh?

Alright.
Have a good night and I’ll see ya in the morning.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (462.4 KB)

Good morning.
It’s NFP Friday. Let’s see how it started out.
Yearly table.

• GBP (blue) most bid that session +1.06%.
  • JPY (purple) most sold that session -.70%.
  • Positive flow 2.96%.

Not much going on there. How about the monthly table.

Seems to be some risk-on happening. But, for the most part, the market isn’t really moving all that much. And I’m sure you know why. Money is waiting…to be launched.

Alright. Let’s get on with the day.
See ya in a few.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (468.9 KB)

1 Like

Good morning.
This is the lead up to NFP time.
Yearly table.

• USD (white) most bid that session +.96%.
  • NZD (dark red) most sold that session -1.37%.
  • Negative flow -4.98%.

Alright. Let’s see the monthly.

Ok. Well. It’s time. I’m not gonna talk here. I want to see stuff fly.

Alright. We’ll see ya at the close.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (475.3 KB)

1 Like

Good evening.
It’s a week. Let’s look at it.
Yearly table.

• CHF (pink) most bid that session +.97%.
  • GBP (blue) most sold that session -1.54%.
  • Negative flow -4.08%.
  • USD (white) most bid today +1.01%.
  • NZD (dark red) most sold today -1.64%.

Ok. It’s in.
There’s not much happening, at all. The Swiss taking the session??? shrug

What about the monthly table.

And look at that. I thought I’d never see the day when the AUD (red) and the NZD (dark red) would be on opposite polar ends like that. This is between all 8 of them. There is no one else more bid and more sold than them 2. I don’t know…something is up. Or, I guess, anything can happen right?

I’ll put it to you this way. No one is dominating this month running so far. One way or the other.

Alright. I’m done talking, cause it’s the weekend. And she’s waiting on me, to go out. So, I’m outta here.

Make it a great weekend!
Play hard.
Read hard.
Love hard.

Mike out.
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (464.7 KB)

Good morning.
Let’s see how the week is starting out. Monday.
Yearly table.

• JPY (purple) most bid that session +1.26%.
  • AUD (red) most sold that session -1.10%.
  • Negative flow -2.6%.

Looks like we have our risk-off pair at the ends.

I was wondering how long the AUD and the NZD (dark red) were gonna be such opposites. Yeah, not long. Well, that would confirm the risk-off environment. Both of them traveling together makes more sense.

Well, that was Asia. Let’s see how the rest of the world plays it.

Alright.
See ya in a few.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (473.3 KB)

1 Like