Complete Currency Dynamics

Good morning.
It’s Wednesday. Here’s how it started.
Yearly table.

• AUD (red) most bid that session +1.83%.
  • NZD (dark red) most sold that session -3.04%.
  • Negative flow -.82%.

Alright. Here we go again with the 2 brothers. Polar opposites. How can this be? Well…the divergence is still going on. That’s all.

Monthly table.

Not all that much different. It is nice to see the numbers getting higher, at the ends.

Not all that much else going on.

Ok. See ya in a few.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (490.8 KB)

1 Like

Good morning.
More Wednesday market.
Yearly table.

• USD (white) most bid that session +.36%.
  • NZD (dark red) most sold that session -.86%.
  • Positive flow .12%.

Well, those are some low numbers, for the mosts. That usually means there is much back and forth going on, that’s all. No one’s running away with it. During the session.

Let’s look at the monthly table.

Well, I think the most interesting thing is how the NZD (dark red) is falling apart. And in the same instance, the AUD (red) is not. It’s that divergence I keep talking about.

Also, the CHF (pink) being sold off. Just look at yesterday’s results. I’d say that’s a consensus. Short term thing going on.

Look. That’s all we have. Hindsight. You got to know that there are those out there that see this as an opportunity to buy it. And we have those out there that see this as a trend going on. If you’re aware of that fact, well then, that’s all we can do here is know what’s going on. It’s up to you to place the probabilities on what might happen next. Know what I mean?

But guess what…we’re in the same boat as everybody else. It’ll come down to who’s smarter, and who else is luckier.

Alright.
Make the most out of this day, and I’ll see you at the close.
Mike

MY DAILY’S.xlsx (497.3 KB)

A transaction currency is required to complete the currency calculation. Microsoft.Dynamics.Ax.Xpp.ErrorException: Exception of type 'Microsoft.

Good evening.
Wednesday’s over. Here it is.
Yearly table.

• USD (white) most bid that session +.81%.
  • AUD (red) most sold that session -.91%.
  • Negative flow -.6%.
  • EUR (yellow) most bid currency today +2.03%.
  • NZD (dark red) most sold currency today -3.78%.

Monthly table.

God help the NZD (dark red). Boy, it’s been one direction with them.

Also, as I have stated earlier today, the Swiss is tanking also. It’s like it’s a race to the bottom between those 2.

Look. I’m sure their weaker currency is helping with the exports. Inevitably, someone is happy to see this.

Well, other than that, no real changes happening.

Alright. Have a good night.
See ya in the morning.
Mike

MY DAILY’S.xlsx (486.6 KB)

Good morning.
Thursday’s first session results.
Yearly table.

• JPY (purple) most bid that session +.54%.
  • CAD (brown) most sold that session -.99%.
  • Negative flow -1.46%.

Now those are some low numbers.

Monthly table.

Well, I do know that the AUD (red) has some good employment data come out last night. That’ll explain why they got a boost. Other than that, nothing is moving.

Alright. Let’s see how the day unfolds.
See ya in a few.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (493.0 KB)

Good morning.
More Thursday market.
Yearly table.

• JPY (purple) most bid that session +1.99%.
  • NZD (dark red) most sold that session -1.76%.
  • Much negative flow -7.22%.

Now we have some movement. It’s going by way of the Major safe havens. Check it out. For the day running.

• JPY (purple) +2.53%.
  • USD (white) +1.47%.
  • CHF (pink) +0.73%.

Other than the Pound a bit positive, the rest of them are running negative %'s, for the day.

Monthly table.

Well, the line up is basically still the same. We just have swung to the safe haven currencies. How long will it last? Who knows. Today is Thursday. And I think we might be heading into a holiday season. You know, Easter. And I’m not too sure when our market, if it does, close down.

I’ll have to say that today might be the last strong run for the week. And the way it’s going, not looking good for the risk-on currencies. I’ll call it a blow-off of what’s been happening lately. Counter trend direction.

Alright.
Let’s get on with the day.
See ya at the close.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (499.8 KB)

1 Like

Good evening.
Thursday’s results.
Yearly table.

• USD (white) most bid that session +1.42%.
  • CHF (pink) most sold that session -1.97%.
  • Positive flow 3.38%.
  • JPY (purple) most bid currency today +3.29%.
  • NZD (dark red) most sold currency today -2.58%.

Well, to me it looks like the USD (white), & JPY (purple) are on the move. Up. Don’t forget, they ride together.

Monthly table.

Look. I don’t know how long this will last, but all I can do is call it. Just keep you eyes on the white and purple in the coming days. We’ll have to see, that’s all.

And it’s called, risk-off. Safe haven buying. Things always turn. But, if I see any more changes in the line up, I’ll definitely call it then.

Anyway.
We’ll have to see if the market is done for the long weekend or not. I’ll be up to check in the morning. If nothing changes, I’ll see ya then. If not, then maybe not.

Alright. Make it a good night.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (488.5 KB)

Good morning.
Friday market rolling.
Yearly table.

• EUR (yellow) most bid that session +.67%.
  • USD (white) most sold that session -.62%.
  • Negative flow -1.78%.

Not much movement at all.

Monthly table.

It’ll be a very thin day.
Nothing happening. Sorry.

Make it a good day today.
See ya in a few.
Mike

MY DAILY’S.xlsx (494.5 KB)

1 Like

Good Friday morning.
Here’s a look.
Yearly table.

• GBP (blue) most bid that session +.37%.
  • CAD (brown) most sold that session -.41%.
  • Negative flow -.14%.

These numbers mean nothing. Just no movement.

Monthly table.

All we can do here is watch for any kind of low liquidity massive moves. Right?

But today…nothing.

Make it a good day today!
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (501.6 KB)

1 Like

Good evening.
That’s a week. Let’s see it.
Yearly table.

• JPY (purple) most bid that session +.44%.
  • CAD (brown) most sold that session -.54%.
  • Negative flow -1.12%.
  • EUR (yellow) most bid currency today +.73%.
  • CAD (brown) most sold currency today -1.00%.

Monthly table.

Not much happening today, of course. Everything goes back to where it started the day before.

Alright. It’s the weekend.
Enjoy it!
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (490.5 KB)

1 Like

Good morning.
It’s Monday. Let’s see how it started.
Yearly table.

• CAD (brown) most bid that session +1.53%.
  • AUD (red) most sold that session -1.28%.
  • Positive flow 2.96%.

The Comm brothers got sold off.

The CAD jumped.

Monthly table.

Well, looks like some activity for a Monday. A bit higher. We’ll have to see how the day continues, with a bigger than normal start like that.

Alright.
See ya in a few.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (498.3 KB)

1 Like

Hi Mike,

It’s a Bank holiday today in much of Europe, also Australia and HK, so maybe the market is a little thinner.

1 Like

Good morning.
Thanks Peter for that. I forgot about over yonder. Good to know.
Well, here’s a little more Monday market.
Yearly table.

• EUR (yellow) most bid that session +.49%.
  • GBP (blue) most sold that session -.51%.
  • A bit of positive flow .56%.

Well, not much happening on that table. How about the monthly table.

I would have to say that the CAD (brown) has the attention today so far. And I believe it’s because of Mr. Oil. Going up.

Other than that, the only noticeable thing is that the Comm brothers (AUD (red), NZD (dark red) ) are sliding. The CAD has separated from them. That’s nothing new. That trio is no longer together. Surely not like they used to, that’s for sure. They just don’t ride together anymore. So, when I talk about the Commodity currencies, I’m talking about the 2 bro’s. shrug

Alright. Well, it is a slow Monday. We’ll have to see what America thinks. As far as I know, we don’t have a major holiday today. Banks should be open. Let’s just see if anything flies.

See ya at the close.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (504.1 KB)

Good evening.
Here’s Monday.
Yearly table.

• CAD (brown) most bid that session +.77%.
  • CHF (pink) most sold that session -.77%.
  • Positive flow 1.38%.
  • CAD most bid currency today +2.75%.
  • AUD (red) most sold currency today -1.63%.

How about the monthly table.

It’s Monday, and it’s really hard to tell where things want to go. We need more time to unravel.

My question is…is the Aussie coming down? Because I see the USD (white) and the JPY (purple) ready to do some damage. Are they on their way up? It surely wasn’t today, but they were supported. This week should be interesting.

Don’t forget about this divergence between the AUD and the NZD (dark red). That won’t go on forever. And the CAD plays their own game (just like the Pound). I don’t count them with the Comms anymore.

Well, we’re getting close to the end of the month. I have a feeling we’re gonna get shaken up soon. Surely, that could just be nonsense. Just keep it in mind. I am.

Alright. Make it a good night.
See ya in the morning.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (492.4 KB)

3 Likes

Good morning.
Tuesday’s Asian session results.
Yearly table.

• JPY (purple) most bid that session +1.14%.
  • NZD (dark red) most sold that session -1.28%.
  • Positive flow .74%.

Monthly table.

Uh oh, I think it’s happening. There goes the Comms. And here comes the Major safe havens.

Keep an eye on the white (USD) and purple (JPY).

But, I find it interesting about the CHF (pink). You would think they would be climbing. But no. They aren’t having it. It must be an European thing. And this isn’t something new. Just look at who’s the top spread pair now. EUR/CHF. What does that mean again?

That’s the pair that has the greatest difference between their running totals, for the month. Just add them up. It’ll be the gap between that positive number and that negative number.

Anyway. I’ll keep an eye out for ya. But, I think it’s all changing now.

Look. I got to run. But, I am going to be late with the London’s numbers. So, those of you who wait up for me, in all that anticipation for these results…I’m sorry. Got a meeting at 8:15. So, not gonna make it.

I will finish it about 1-2 hours later though.
See ya then.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (492.4 KB)

1 Like

Good afternoon. Well, almost.
Here’s the London morning time results.
Yearly table.

• GBP (blue) most bid that session +1.64%.
  • CHF (pink) most sold that session -2.21%.
  • Positive flow 4.48%.

Monthly table.

Alright. Right now it’s 10:30am. This is all what happened so much earlier. How about I get you up to speed on the current situation. This is how the day stands right now. Check it out.

2019-04-23_1026
That’s the Dollar. Their the most bid currency up to this point. And as you can see, the JPY is right there with them. Look.

2019-04-23_1027

Now. Class. How many times do I have to tell you. They ride together. There’s the proof. White, Purple.

Now. What do I call that? I don’t really know. It’s not totally correct to say it’s all the safe havens. Cause what about the Swiss? Their losing the shirts off their back. I mean, their not even riding with their long partner the EUR (yellow). Remember what the top pair trade is?

I don’t know. Their riding on their own. And maybe that’s precisely what’s going on. We have some individuals around here. Like previously with the AUD (red) and the NZD (dark red).

And do you remember, a month or so ago, when the USD and the JPY were at such a divergence? I got tired of mentioning that. Well, now their back together.

Anyway. It’s all just very interesting to me. It’s what’s going on. And that’s the entire point of this thread. Currency dynamics. It’s how they are relating to one another. Needless to say, things are changing. And it’s my job to let you know in what manner.

Alright. Enough nonsense.
Make it a good day and I’ll see ya at the end.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (504.1 KB)

1 Like

Good evening.
Tuesday’s close.
Yearly table.

• JPY (purple) most bid that session +1.63%.
  • GBP (blue) most sold that session -3.08%.
  • Negative flow -7.96%.
  • JPY most bid currency today +2.86%.
  • CAD (brown) most sold currency today -2.48%.

Monthly table.

Well, the Dollar (white) and the Yen (purple) on the way up.

Something happened to the CAD their session. Oh, that’s right, tomorrow they have their decision rate meeting. Well, it’s probably not going to be good. I guess the sentiment quickly changed from oil to that meeting.

Anyway. We just have to keep our eyes on those safe haven big boys. Their really putting a damper on the risk asset currencies. I mean, I’m sure we’ll have some kind of bounce this week. Nothing goes straight up. Right? Just be careful.

Alright.
See ya in the morning.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (494.4 KB)

Good morning.
Wednesday’s start.
Yearly table.

• JPY (purple) most bid that session +2.31%.
  • AUD (red) most sold that session -5.66%.
  • Negative flow -3.76%.

I don’t know if you realized this, but there are only 3 negative running currencies. The rest are positive. That must be factored in regards to the aggregate flow.

Monthly table.

That’s the risk-off pair, right there. So yes, the changes are continuing to take shape. But wow…that was a big chunk out of the Aussie, for one session. Well, you know what they say, when it rains it pours. And it’s pouring right now.

Alright. See ya in a few.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (494.4 KB)

1 Like

Good morning.
Wednesday’s standings at London’s lunch time.
Yearly table.

• CHF (pink) most bid that session +1.29%.
  • NZD (dark red) most sold that session -.78%.
  • A bit of negative flow -.14%.

Monthly table.

Well, looks like the Swiss (pink) joined in finally. That would be with big brother EUR (yellow), their partner. But also with big brothers USD (white) and JPY (purple). The safe haven boys.

Finally.

Anyway. I keep telling you, the sentiment is changing. The Comms are out. And the Majors are in. No bouncing back from the Comms yet. Look. The week is not over. And so far this is telling me that it’s a stronger bit of change. Who knows, maybe before the week is over we will see some kind of retracement. Just be aware of that, that’s all.

Alright.
Talking is over now.
Let’s get some work done today.
Make it count.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (506.2 KB)

1 Like

Good evening.
Here’s Wednesday’s totals.
Yearly table.

• USD (white) most bid that session +2.31%.
  • EUR (yellow) most sold that session -1.59%.
  • Positive flow 1.24%.
  • USD most bid currency today +4.09%.
  • AUD (red) most sold currency today -6.14%.

Things are moving now. Let’s check the monthly table.

Wow. That was a quick change, huh? US top dog.

Alright. I’m out of time here.
BTW…don’t even check my excel sheet. Unless you want some info on the AUD/JPY pair. (bottom left side)

See ya in the morning.
Mike
MY DAILY’S.xlsx (534.2 KB)

1 Like