Complete Currency Dynamics

Good day.
It’s Friday, and half way there. How’s it unfolding?

• GBP took the session +3.14%.
  • CHF lost the session -1.10%. Should mention that the USD lost that session also, being .01% under the Swiss (-1.09%).
  • Net positive flow +1.24%.

Well, I don’t see anything major. A change in line up, but, being mid day, doesn’t mean much, till end of day comes out. That goes for any line up change before the end of day results, right? Needless to say, they both are below water. And sinking…as it stands.

Again, the Comms are in control. So, let’s see what the rest of the day brings. We do have some important US data, like, in 5 minutes from right now. Inflation rate data. Should be interesting. Other than that, not a whole lot. Maybe the rig count, for oil. shrug (sorry Manxx…I know you’ll be paying attention).

Ok.
Be safe. And I’ll see you at the end.

Mike

MY DAILY’S.xlsx (122.7 KB)

Hello.
And that’s a week. Here we go.

• GBP took that session. 3.0%. Actually, the last 2 sessions.
  • EUR lost that session. -3.30%.
  • Negative flow that session -3.22%.
  • The day belonged to the NZD being up 5.18% for Friday.
  • The EUR was the most sold currency today -3.76%.
  • Top spread is still the CAD/CHF hanging on to +23.48%.
  • Mid line not being crossed yet, still the Comms on top.

Boy, today really belonged to both the GBP and the NZD. They just dominated this Friday. Definitely some risk on currencies have been bid lately.

And what happened to the EUR today? Well, whatever the case, I’m just glad to see that they aren’t too far away from the CHF. Was a bit concerned about that earlier (sorry 'bout that), but, all is ok now. Thanks Peter!

Well, I made my decisions in that last hour of trading. I shaved off my USD/CAD trade. Only made 24 pips (you should have seen how many I had earlier…dog-gone-it). But, I’m not worried at all. I trust in my system, and added a little bit more to the, already low pip sized, CAD/CHF. Now their up to where it should be for my one running top trade.

All good on my end. Hope yours is ok also.

Alright. Have a wonderful weekend!
We’ll be in touch.

Mike

MY DAILY’S.xlsx (119.5 KB)

1 Like

Good morning.

Let’s see how the first session of the week started out.

• JPY took the session +3.46%.
  • NZD lost the session -3.35%.
  • Flow was extremely negative -12.48%.

In fact, check this out, every single currency went the other way. All 8 of them. Well, when you think about it, it’s not all that because there are only 3 positive currencies, and they are all the Comms. So, when we have a risk-off time, this is what looks like.

Alright, well, no real changes. Mid line holding. All we can do is see where they go from here, right?

Ok. Be safe today.
Be back a little later.

Mike

MY DAILY’S.xlsx (120.4 KB)

Good day mates.
What’s going on?

• NZD came charging back +1.46% that session.
  • EUR lost that session -1.17% that session.
  • Positive flow +3.1%. Looks like the bleeding stopped some, for the day so far (if you’re a fan for the trend).
  • Even though the EUR was the most sold that session, it is noteworthy that the JPY was the second most sold currency that session being down -.94%. Given that they were the most bought currency during Asia, that should be noted. Also, don’t forget that they were all awake over there. So, it does make sense.

We’ll have to see what the Americans believe about them all, right? Also, how the Europeans feel after a big lunch in them.

So…that’s nice. I know. But, still, no real changes happening. As far as I can see. The CAD still hanging on top. It will be interesting to see if they give up the top, for the Comms. The AUD is approaching. But, they do have only 1 top pair, as opposed to the CAD having 3 (in that pic anyway).

Let’s play the day, huh?

Be careful.

Mike

MY DAILY’S.xlsx (128.9 KB)

1 Like

Good evening.

Here’s end of day, for Monday.

• CHF most bought currency that session +.69%.
  • JPY most sold currency that session -.62%.
  • Flow slightly negative -.64%.
  • JPY took the day in total +1.90%.
  • AUD most sold currency in total today at -2.15%.

Well, there we have it. shrug Not all that earth shattering. The GBP just above water. We’ll see what happens there, right?

The only thing I found interesting was this. I snapped this pic about a half hour before closing time. Take a look.

So, we know that, for the total of the day, the JPY was the strongest. Therefore, we can deduce much from this. Ok. So. Who was then the weakest? The AUD. Then the NZD. Then the CAD. See that? -.54%, -.43%, -.33%.

Well, that only tells me that today that the CAD was not as weak as the other two. That just leaves me to believe that I don’t think they will falter all that much below the other two. Know what I mean. Cause, if everybody was taking a hit today, well, they weren’t on the top of the hit list.

But, maybe because of the risk-off scenario, they just fair better than the other 2. So, when the risk-on scenario comes, then we need to see how much they are bought in conjunction with the other 2. Know what I mean?

I guess I only have half of the equation now. I think we should see the other half sometime this week.

I know. That’s nice.

Ok.
Got to run.

Mike

MY DAILY’S.xlsx (120.4 KB)

Good morning.

What’s happening?

• NZD took the session +2.54%.
  • JPY lost the session -4.20%.
  • Very positive flow +11.76%.
    In fact, every single currency went to their respective direction. Except the EUR, they broke even for this session.

Well, no doubt, it was a risk-on session. And definitely a trending session. So, all seems right with the world. Well, except the AUD is closing in on the CAD.

Yeah, you know what…it’s gonna happen. Let’s see the other side of the equation. Here we had risk-on, and how did those 3 match up? The NZD +2.54%, the AUD +1.84%, the CAD +.43%. So therefore, it goes like this. When it slants towards the good guys, the CAD is last. But when it (the market) slants towards risk-off, the CAD will benefit the most. And well, I did take a look at oil. No killing it (meaning good), but not all that dropping either. Seems a bit of struggling above 51.

Ok. Well, come on in AUD. I’ll probably have to change my trade at the end of day. shurg So be it.

Be safe!
Mike

MY DAILY’S.xlsx (128.2 KB)

Hello.

Let’s see how their unraveling.

• JPY most bid that session +3.68%.
  • NZD most sold that session -2.12%.
  • Negative flow occured -5.64%.

Well, the way I see it is that they basically both (NZD, JPY) retraced from their previous sessions’ stretches. You have to admit, the JPY took a major hit. I mean, -4.20% in one session is quite massive. In fact (I just looked), that was the biggest stretch in one session this year so far. Look for yourself, on the excel sheet.

And the NZD basically retraced their most of their gains. But not all of them. See, their positive for the day so far. But, I think it’s interesting to see that the CAD (along side the Yen) made a major stride in their respective flow (+). Which, by the way, was contrary to the other 2 Comms.

That is all different perspectives. And speaking of that…I’ll give you another perspective. Take a look at the pics I took just minutes before my 8am tally.

This is for the day, in total. It’s the running total. This is the CAD. You can see that they are the most bid currency for today so far. See that…the top 2 are them as the base currency, and it’s a positive % (.66% against the CHF, and .33% against the JPY). And 5 pairs below that the CAD is the quote currency, all being negative %'s. Meaning they are higher that the others. Got it?

And so, what else do we have here? Well, I can tell you, because they are the most in demand, at this point in time, the least in demand is the CHF. Sitting at .66%. Which is higher than all of the others. Ok then. Let’s see what the CHF line up looks like.

Bam. There it is.
Now, the CHF, against all of them, is only the base currency (the first one noted in the pair) against the JPY. In all of the others it’s the quoted currency (second one noted). Therefore, you should be able to see how they are losing against all of the other currencies. That’s our least in demand currency, as it stands now, in the context of today.

Well, the way I see this is, what’s the biggest % shown there? Between all of them? It’s the .65% right? Which is the CAD/CHF. And so, in the context of the Comms (AUD,NZD,CAD), I find that the CAD is more in demand than the other 2. And again, in the context of today, right now, as far as today is concerned, since the open.

All of that nonsense, just to say that it looks like we shouldn’t count the CAD out. Well, for me, it kind of doesn’t matter, cause my decision making comes at the end of the day. All I’ve been doing is talking, and try to put all of these points into some kind of perspective, along the way. You know?

Alright. Speaking of talking…
I’ve had enough. Done talking for now.

Talk to me…if you want.
:wink:
Mike

MY DAILY’S.xlsx (134.5 KB)

1 Like

Here we go.

• GBP took that session +1.56%.
  • JPY lost that session -1.81%.
  • Positive flow that session +7.12%.
  • CAD took the day in total being +2.55%.
  • CHF lost the day in total being -3.89%.

Well, for once we had a day that the most in demand and least in demand for the day matched the top and bottom currencies.

I did see the carnage surrounding the Brexit vote. Boy, the Pound took a serious beating. Was seeing over 1% on most of those pairs (GBP losing). But, next thing you know, it all came back around, favoring the GBP. And this is where it all ends up. I’m so glad I didn’t have to deal with that emotional roller coaster. Very sorry for those who went through that. Can’t imagine.

Anyway. For me, end of day, is best. And looks like I was wrong earlier. I won’t need to change anything, cause there’s not a decision between the AUD and the CAD. They are still in their respective rows.

The only change I see there is that the EUR dropped below the USD. And that left the EUR right alongside their partner, the Swiss.

But, what about the GBP huh? No real changes…so far. I mean line up changes. Who would have guessed? shrug

Alright.
Be good to each other.

Mike

MY DAILY’S.xlsx (122.2 KB)

1 Like

So your basically making a heat map? Also using BarCharts feed? What about the 1000’s of traders who use other feeds? Also that there is already heat maps based off % of change all over the net? And I see no real strat here other than following a heat map…Stop Loss? Risk management? Are you scaling into positions? Are you Entering at Market. How about Buy&Sell Stop’s? Or Limits? I read what you asked another guy on here to do and read post 89 and 6 and I also disagree if you read everything on this market …A…You’d lose your mind and B…It’d take and enormous amount of time to do so…

Good morning.

What’s going on for a Wednesday start…

• CAD most in demand that session +.73%.
  • CHF most sold currency that session -1.15%.
  • Positive flow +5.06%. Actually, again, every single currency went the way of their flow. That’s something.
  • CAD/CHF sitting at +29.05% as the top spread pair.

Well, I noticed that it has been consistent up there at the top. I haven’t had to change any of my trades. So, that’s awesome.

The only other thing that I noticed is how, thanks to the GBP, that mid line, of 0, looks pretty clear. You can tell who’s more in demand than most sold. That’s awesome also.

There’s not much else to say. Everything is rolling out in an predictable manner. So far. The market can turn on a dime. In the meantime, let there be risk-on.

Alright.
Be careful.
Mike

MY DAILY’S.xlsx (130.4 KB)

1 Like

Let’s see how it’s rolling out today.

• USD took the session +1.74%.
  • NZD lost the session -4.24%.
  • Negative session -8.32%.

Well, we got some movement happening during London’s morning time. Even though the USD was the most bid this session, I kind of think the attention went to the GBP. They were bid by 1.46%. It is their session don’t forget. Plus all of the stuff that’s flying lately with them. Should be of no surprise with that. But, I do have to say, what a turn around from yesterday’s lows they hit. Man…you don’t see it here with these points in time, but they about crashed it yesterday. Only to do a real good about face. So, it’s interesting. And also makes the point, again, that the end of day numbers are more telling than what happens intraday. In the long run.

So. Changes. Well, I find it interesting how not only how they climbed…but how both the NZD, AUD, dropped a good bit, with the CAD climbing more. You know, I guess it is important to know in which session you are in. There is a bias in the market. Not all currencies are treated as equal. It does depend on who’s awake or not. Therefore, I think it’s important to remember that dynamic. And when you think about it, the USD should be the one currency that might span across all sessions. Cause they are the world’s currency. Right? The others will tend to be more in focus during their respective sessions.

Look. This is a dynamic. And I guess I need to make things clear in here.

This thread is called Complete Currency Dynamics. This is NOT a thread that is strategy focused. You’re not going to find how to trade, where you should get in at, where a stop loss should be, risk management talk, position sizing or any of that nonsense. That’s all up to the trader to figure out. Everybody should find their own way of trading. And guess what? Everybody should have a different way…unless you have a twin that trades, also.

All I’m doing in here is making sense of the market. There are many things going on with this beast. Many assets are moving. And guess what? They relate to each other. This is especially important when the nature of trading the forex market has to do with trading 2 currencies at the same time. There are many, many different dynamics at play here. All I’m doing is pointing out some of the dynamics that tend to be predictive. Like who’s most in demand, most sold. It does happen to follow patterns. Just look at the line up. Over a course of a month, you don’t see all 8 of them in any kind of disorder. There is order. The strongest will tend to stay that way for a length of time. Same with the weakest.

If it were completely random, it would look soooo much different. See, money, knows what it’s doing. There is intelligence behind where the money wants to go. It’s not by accident. And when the majority agrees where it wants to go, then you’ll surely see, it over time.

So, what are we supposed to do? Be ignorant of what’s taking place? Or are you short sighted enough that you don’t care what’s actually taking place. You don’t care about anything else but having someone tell you that you should get in here, and get out here.

How about this question. What tells you which currency pair you should trade? So and so told me…I’m from here and it’s the most popular…It’s the most liquid…This pair moves the most…It’s everybody’s favorite (coughEUR/USDcough)…Well, in here, it happens to be the most in demand against the most sold. And how do I know that answer? I keep track of them all. On a monthly basis. And I can see, with my own eyes, when the changes take place. It’s on not too small of a time frame, it’s on not too big of a time frame, is mostly on by a session by session basis. Also on a daily time frame basis.

And that leads me to want to know how they are all relating to one another. Why? For some kind of sense of the future. Because that’s the business we are in. In fact, every single trade that is made in the world has a sentiment behind where it wants to go in the future. Called direction. Everybody has a wish of what the direction they want it to go in.

So, the biggest question I will always have, and I do ask that every single day in here, is what’s happening? How are they relating to one another? It’s all found out in knowing what the dynamics are. Look up that word. It’ll make sense. I’m not guessing in here. I’m not speculating in here. I’m just throwing out a perspective. And if you can’t see any kind of patterns throughout this system, then you need to figure out another way.

This is all but a diagnosis of this market. I’m not going any further. This is the best way I know how to know what’s going on. And btw…this doesn’t compare to the standard heat maps that are out there. Are they broken up into bigger time spans? They don’t unfold. All they are is snap shots of what’s happening in one day. Well, what about yesterday? And last week? Last month? Last quarter? And so on.

Well, I’m collecting all of this context. And as this rolls out, I can promise you that I will be able to contextualize it all and show patterns that have taken place. I will be able to possibly see what’s up ahead in the future, moreso than just as a hope.

Alright. I’m done talking.

Mike

MY DAILY’S.xlsx (134.9 KB)

1 Like

End of day coming at ya, for a Wednesday.

• GBP took the session +.77%.
  • JPY lost the session -1.92%.
  • Positive flow 3.66%.
  • GBP took the day in total +2.81%.
  • NZD lost the day in total -2.93%.
  • CAD/CHF still top spread pair at +29.85%.

Well, I think the biggest change was between the GBP and the NZD. Compare their end of day to yesterday’s. Man, I don’t know what happened to the NZD today. Something is up with them. I just don’t know what.

What other changes are here? Looks like the JPY continues on down. Actually, if you look back, this is the third time in a row that they lost the US session. Everyday this week. What do I think about that? Well, when the US comes into session, they are preferring to sell the Yen dollars. Or…the market just has it in for them. Like, it’s that season now.

And the only other thing I kind of deem important is to note that the center line is not being crossed…just yet. That just seems to me like a point of no return. And I’m talking about a real change.

Alright.
We’ll talk later.

Mike

MY DAILY’S.xlsx (127.1 KB)

1 Like

Good morning.

What’s going on?

• JPY the most bid that session +3.36%.
  • NZD the most sold that session -3.67%.
  • Very negative flow -10.68%.
  • CAD/CHF dropped, but still on top +28.54%. No one threatening a take over.

Yep. Here it is again. Every single currency went the opposite flow. I kind of find that fascinating. Such conformance!

Yeah. That’s nice. I know. Well, for changes…I am still seeing the NZD head lower. In fact, they went under water. It’ll be interesting to see if it ends that way.

So, we’ll call it a risk-off session. The GBP still holding up. That’s good.

Alright.
See ya in the daytime.

Mike

MY DAILY’S.xlsx (132.4 KB)

1 Like

Good day mates.

How’s it looking?

• GBP took that session +2.0%.
  • CHF lost that session -1.37%.
  • Positive flow +4.26%.
  • CAD/CHF still top spread pair +29.13%.

Even though the CAD has been dropping today so far, just look at the CHF though. They dropped even further, which made the spread between them increase. Well, since last session anyway. Lesson there is that you have to look at both currencies.

Well, let’s talk about change. Just look at the blue (GBP). I’m starting to believe they might be on a trend. Going up. But, the end of day numbers will be much more telling. Look at how the week has been playing out for them. Started out under water. And has been climbing since.

But, the way I keep this all into perspective, is moreso on what happens in the entire week. You know…the retracement aspect of it all. Who’s gonna be taking profit? Well, we will get a sense of that before the entire week ends. Especially on Friday’s. Traders aren’t dumb. You have to take profits off the table sometime, right? And how much profit is also important. Cause, if they take a lot, then that would be a sense of not wanting to hold on to them so much, for the future.

It’s all in the dynamics.

But, I will be interested to see whether the NZD has it in them to recoup some losses. And I will only get that sense if I wait to see how the entire week plays out. Cause, say risk-on comes back. You should know that money likes to go their way. So…will we see some risk-on before the end of day Friday?

shrug
Have to wait it out.

Alright.
Be careful.

Mike

MY DAILY’S.xlsx (137.1 KB)

1 Like

Good evening mates.

Let’s see these end of day Thursday numbers.

• GBP took that session, second in a row, +4.65%.
  • JPY lost that session, -4.16%.
  • GBP took the day in total +6.37%.
  • CHF lost the day in total -3.32%.
  • Massive positive flow +16.46%.
  • CAD/CHF still top spread pair +31.53%.

Well, the day ends being the same line up as yesterday’s. And would you look at the GBP. Geez o man. Yep. I’m definitely thinking we have some real trend here. But, before you jump all in, just remember that tomorrow (Friday) could easily be a take profit day. Please be careful. Don’t assume it going straight up. But, tomorrow will be the tell.

The NZD managed to come back up over break even. So, we have 4 up and 4 down (positives / negatives). It’s been that way all week. So, that’s what we like, predictableness.

And all I got to say is whoever is hanging onto the CAD/CHF, good job. Way to hang in there. You’re with me on that.

Well, tomorrow is Friday. If you look, back at the week, we had a lot of positive flow take place. I don’t know about you, but I would be hesitant to assume it will continue. Look. Of course I want it to, but you have to be realistic. Traders made some money this week. And just maybe they want to keep it that way. Which would bring in the sellers.

All I’m doing here is pointing out as many dynamics as possible. And knowing which day it is, is just one more to think about. Will we continue with the flow? Or not?

Just be careful.

Mike

MY DAILY’S.xlsx (128.9 KB)

1 Like

Good morning.

Let’s take a look.

• CAD took the session +.78%.
  • GBP lost the session -1.21%.
  • Slightly positive flow .82%.
  • CAD/CHF stop spread at +32.21%. Also sitting at .7495 now.

Well, I don’t see much happening. And yeah, the GBP took a retracement, during Asia. We’ll have to see what they themselves think about that.

But, for the most part, I’m not seeing much movement. No changes. 0 line in tact. 4 up, 4 down. We’ll have to see how this Friday turns out.

Ok.
See ya later.

Mike

MY DAILY’S.xlsx (129.2 KB)

Hello again.
Let’s see how Friday is playing out.

• AUD took the session +.96%.
  • GBP lost the session -1.34%.
  • Negative flow -1.26%.

Well, it’s not a surprise to me that the GBP is taking back some of those major profits earlier. In the first 2 sessions of today they were the most sold currency, between them all. But, all I’m concerned about is how much more is left to let go. They are sitting at +8.22% for the month running (Blue). Ended yesterday with being up +10.77%. Then if you look back just one day prior, they were sitting at +4.40%. So, you know, we just have to see where they end up today, before the weekend starts. It should give us some kind of sense of where they want to go.

And well, I do like how the mid line is holding. Nice separation there. The NZD (dark red) is not laying down…just yet. Look back at yesterday. They were up 2.34% end of day Wed. Thursday they really fell below the mid line, negative territory. But, ended the day back above water .31%. See how evil that intraday stuff is? I don’t know, that’s kind of how I see it. Everybody is different. But, I do have to say that, in hindsight of today so far, end of day does give you a sense of where it wants to go. Everybody has gotten their chance, and things want to equal out in the end.

Ok. That’s nice.
Don’t worry, I’m done talking now.
See ya at the finish line.
Mike

MY DAILY’S.xlsx (132.7 KB)

1 Like

Ok. Here’s the week in total.

• CAD (brown) took that session +2.35%.
  • GBP (blue) lost that session -1.98%.
  • Negative flow -4.86%.
  • CAD took the day in total +2.87%.
  • GBP lost the day in total -4.53%.

It seems to me that the GBP had the most attention today. Lost every session. Meaning, they were the most sold currency during each session. So, it was a mutual aggregate agreement between the players. Let’s see. They lost -4.53% today. Yesterday they ended the day up +6.37%. Well, that tells me that yesterday was a little too much buying for them. They retraced…let’s see…71% of their gains yesterday. Not all of it. But almost 3/4’s. And all you would have to do is just look at their %'s. They ended the week being +6.24%. And where did they start the week? Can’t see it there (look on the excel sheet) they were sitting at -1.65% at this time last Friday. So, basically, you can’t rule them out just yet. It was just too big of a bid yesterday. I think there might be more buying next week. But who knows really, right?

What else is going on? Well, if you ask me, I’d say the CAD is the favorite. No backing down, no changes. Until I see a change, what is, is what is. I have that written down. And I believe it. You might remember me saying that I think the AUD might over take them…(I’m looking)…back at the end of last week (Friday). But the formidable change never happened.

The CHF (pink) is really down there huh? I was thinking about that. You know? I can’t think of a better thing to bet on, than them at the bottom, because that’s exactly what their central bank wants! And they probably are keeping it that way. Well, in any case, they are happy right about now.

The only other thing I was thinking about was the USD. You know, I’m just wondering about our situation over here. You know with our government out and all. Man…if this keeps up…what’s going to happen? Surely, something needs to break. So when it comes to what we care about most, currencies, I guess it would have to be the USD. Right? shrug

I just don’t know. But, in the meantime, I think everyone knows by now that the world is feeling pretty good about the trade talks happening between us and China lately. That has to be the fundamental reason for the risk-on scenario in these last 2 weeks.

Alright. I’m done talking. That’s all I have left.
Sorry for all that nonsense.

Hey…have a good weekend. Make the best of it.
We will. Cause we will be knee deep in snow. Supposed to get well over a foot tomorrow. Will be fun!!

Alright. I’m out.

Mike

MY DAILY’S.xlsx (129.7 KB)

1 Like

This is such a huge topic, thank you Mike.

I am so glad I think more like Forrest Gump of movie fame.

1 Like

Thanks very munch Mike Wolski, this information is really helpful. I am trading on the Daily time frame, the only problem now for me is predicting the correct direction. Other than that sir I must tell you good.

1 Like