Confused on trading in mt4

Hi im just wondering, when i open a long trade on mt4 it picks the top of the candle as my entry point, and not the current price(where the body is moving) and vice versa for sells. am i doing something wrong?

There’s a bid and ask price …!
The difference is the spread.
Do some research…

thanks, this is part of my research, still didnt answer the question.

Ok m8 the default settings on mt4 only shows the bid line. right click on your chart and go down to properties click it then click on the common tab and check the show ask line.
Press ok.
Now you can see the ask line aswell so when you go long it opens trade at the ask line, when you go short it opens the trade on the bid line.
All clear now.?

If the trades were open during the time swap charges are added, that could possibly account for the difference. So you should not be confused about whether to invest here or not. You will eventualy be able to back up the loss that you might bear from trading this product.

Swaps do not move the entry price on the chart
They are added or taken away from your balance after 22:00 GMT .!

It is not suppose to be that. Usually, the top of the candle on a normal chart is the current price. Perhaps you are talking about the wick of the candle.

sweet that helps out alot thanks, still learning. i think thats why i was confused by my long position, i thought it picked the top of a candle, which started this thread of confusion. so whenever you sell its always at the price that it is currently?

Correct the bid price