Consitent Demo Account Effects my Emotion. Please help me to manage this

before Live Trading. :expressionless:

could you explain further?
do you mean consistent losses on demo affect your emotion?

switching from one system to another. it gets me tired. :expressionless: and it affects my day job. :expressionless:

why not STOP moving from one system to another without sufficiently scrutinizing each system?
Pick one that you like and seems in line with your trading personality and stick to it until you make progress.
You would literally get crazy if you try most of the ‘systems’ out there.

of course, it would affect your day job. I presume you are trying to aim for a transition from day job to a business (trading), or you are at least you are aiming to augment your income. Doing so requires vast amounts of your time. This is inevitable. The sooner that you realize and accept this, the better it is for you.

i’m also new with my day job. do i need to forex for while and then switch to day job to focus on? yes i want to be trader than my profession. :))

i kept losing with the system I tried. do i need to reduce my exposure my forex monitoring?
and do i need to reduce my position size when I do demo trading?

In that case, you need to focus more on your new day job. You need income from your day job to sustain and cushion you from potential future trading losses.
For now, focus on learning about forex and dabbling with a demo account. Forget about getting a live account for now. If you prefer a live account over a demo, start with a $1 to $100 account and nothing more.

thank you for advise sir. what broker do you recommend to trade with?

That is a difficult question to answer.
you could look at Oanda, Dukascopy, Interactive Brokers. Having said that, you have to do your own research on this matter. Whatever you do and whichever broker you choose, take the time to learn about forex and the platform of your chosen broker… and realize that success takes time. Good luck

what practical guide to choose a broker sir?

hi faststare…all the best for ur future…but…u need to remember one thing…

there is no shortcut to the success.

if you want to be a successful trader u need to habituate rock stone discipline.

do not expect higher returns from trading…it will spoil your trading career…

my best advice is …do not think like what u r doing now…

first set a reliable and achievable targets…then work for it…

noted sir. :))

Sorry for replying this late, FastStare.

Start with a well-regulated broker. Check for any broker complaints.
The other factors would basically be different for most of us.

FringFx is right! If you want to use a real account u should start with less money at first.
I made the mistake to switch from demo to live with proper amounts of money and sustained a considerable loss.
I tried the mentioned brokers too on demo. But now is not the time to say anything about them.

Dear strucker99

I am a newbie in Forex and reading our forums before starting the trade. Can you tell me where was your demo account please. I am still to start a demo with any broker. I like that fringFX have mentioned some brokers name. I will try them definitely.

I would suggest to subscribe with some good low cost mentor site. In the beginning it is good to have an mentors beside you.

Hi ekukutis

What is the difference between mentor site and broker. I know what a broker is.

First take the school of pipsology. That will give you the knowledge about forex and also will help develop patience and disciplin

Then know what type of trading is best for you. Longer time frame trading is easier for people that have day work or family, but you will require lots of patience.

After that open a micro account in which a Píp is a cent. Use 100 usd at much. Risk always the smallest lot for at least 6 months of profitable trading.

Then re assess your broker to see if you are willing to add big money there.

Stick with your system. Backtest it manually for a year of data or more. That way you will know how many losers and winners and their sizes you can expect and will give you confidence when you incur a series of loses.

Well do not over pressurize yourself to practice more and more. Its not going to give you successful strategy in one single day. Take your time and do at your ease.

Demo trading makes you optimist about forex market . You are in a feeling of over confident to capture market when you will start real trading . Profit taking increase your hopes and aims. but you should keep in mind what is your capital , You can get the ratio of profit according to it.