Copy Trading Platforms

@Luciano476 Do update us here if you start offering copy trading service on Zulutrade. I’m using it and would love to follow you.

You can connect zulu trade with your existing trading platform by registering real account on zulu trade. Then choose your desired account type. Then select your broker and enter your live account ID to connect your existing account with ZuluTrade.

yes you will be able to see all his strategies and moreover you can connect and chat with the trader also.

What is the criteria used for ranking traders on the copytrading platforms? Is there anyone who knows how this works?

Different platforms offer different ranking criteria for traders. Some platforms rank top traders with the most successful copiers in the previous month, while others consider minimum drawdown, number of open positions and other factors.

1 Like

It varies from platform to platform. For instance, on zulutrade, traders are ranked on the basis of average profits, minimum drawdown and duration of trading. On etoro, the ranking is based on the winning ratio.On some platforms there’s no ranking system like Duplitrade.

It seems that a lot of you have doubts about copytrading, so I just wanted to share my experience. Last year I started trading & after 3 month of losses on my account I switched to copytrading and lived happily ever after. Really, if you can’t trade yourself, let professionals do that.

3 Likes

Right! It has worked out quite well for me too over the last few months. I can copy other traders without having to intervene myself.

2 Likes

Copytrading is indeed a good option. I am able to learn and practise trading side by side.

2 Likes

So there is a “happily ever after’’ after all, in life :blush:

From what I know about copy trading, I think it can be equally effective for traders who want to learn as it is for those who don’t want to trade on their own. When you observe a professional trader performing in real-time, you can learn quite a lot from it, like when to enter, when to exit, how they utilise the market information, how they react to it, how they place their stop-loss and take profit levels. You can compare all of this with your trading style and identify where you were wrong. IMO, It is the least expensive way to have a mentor to learn. :grinning:

1 Like

Do I need to trade with the very same broker that the trader I’m looking to copy trades from? Asking this because I’ve seen differences in the price, order execution, slippage, margin required, stop out, and whatnot when using a different broker. This difference in the brokers can lead to bigger losses imo. Will anybody shed light on this issue?

It would be better if you did it. You’ve already mentioned the reasons yourself.
It’s the same with bots.

You don’t have to but it’s better if you use the same broker. Though I’m using zulutrade, as far as I know all platforms allow you to choose your investment capital, broker, stop limits etc. The similar the conditions on your account to that of a trader you are following, the closer will be the results.

Do you have to pay to copy someone’s trade?

Copy trading can be beneficial for all traders, new or experienced. But you get its benefits only when you put work into it. Do not randomly copy anyone. Copy trades from those traders who have a good trading record and are authentic .

1 Like

There is no doubt that copy trading can very useful for traders. But when enaging in it, make sure that you don’t rely on a single trader. Copy trades from different traders. This diversification will minimise your risk and help you make more profit.

I’m already in the process of setting up an account, even shortlisted a few brokers for the same like fxview, avatrade and pepperstone based on this thread. Do you have any experience with them?

There is also SignalStart, which I believe may be part myfxbook. I have been copying some VERY profitable signals on SignalStart.

@ragtop50 You posted just 1 post and already talking about profitable fx signals. I smell something fishy!