Coronavirus verses Economy

The period is certainly not easy…
But it seems to me that in time we will be able to get out of this difficult situation. In fact, many people will get help from the government, and private business should create some more loyal conditions for the next few months.

This situation is terrible

From 15.00 this report discusses the issue of COVID test kits from China containing the CCP Virus!!

Documented in USA, South Korea, UK, and some European territories…

CDC director warns second wave of coronavirus could be even worse

The head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is warning that the worst of the coronavirus pandemic may be yet to come.

That’s what Robert Redfield, director of the CDC, told the Washington Post in an interview published Tuesday.

Next winter, “we’re going to have the flu epidemic and the coronavirus epidemic at the same time,” he told the Post, likely putting massive pressure on America’s health-care system.

Redfield said the combination of coronavirus and seasonal flu could overwhelm hospitals and again create shortages in medical equipment and hospital beds.

He stressed the importance of getting a flu shot in the fall in order to keep the number of hospitalizations down, and said the U.S. dodged a bullet by the COVID-19 pandemic striking after last winter’s flu season had peaked. Had they occurred at the same time, “it could have been really, really, really, really difficult in terms of health capacity,” he told the Post.

Even the first wave wasn’t as bad as they said it would be.

TRUTH: They haven’t got a clue!!! They are just guessing creating panic and mayhem!!!

Cheers

Blackduck

1 Like

From ProTrading Research

A glimpse at the economic damage already done to selected industries, as of last Friday (4/24/20)

Even a partial view of economic damage from the virus is massive

Great article!! :+1: :+1:

1 Like

This was a quote from that article:

— Planes owned by Virgin Australia, the largest airline seeking bankruptcy protection, have been prevented from leaving an airport in that nation. The nation’s second biggest airline sought protection Tuesday. Perth Airport says Virgin has significant outstanding payments due for airfield and terminal use. Virgin says the debt is a matter for Deloitte administrators and the airport to resolve.

Virgin Australia has now gone into administration and unless a buyer can be found some 15,0000 workers will lose their jobs.

And Austrlia has had to date 6680 cases of COVID 19 and 81 deaths.

Cheers

Blackduck

1 Like

Everyone said it right, but it’s actually very rare when such an economic powerful blow covers the whole world, so the consequences can be unpredictable, so now it’s worth taking a wait-and-see attitude and intelligently analyzing every step and every news.

Some worrying possibilities discussed in this report…

Yes there are things that don’t add up.

Cheers

Blackduck

I think the larger the business or corporation the better they will do. Increased regulation costs and compliance hits smaller businesses disproportionately harder. Smaller players will be squeezed out

the virus can destroy a company. In developed countries, it is possible that a company that disappears in these months will be reborn later. but it is true that in countries with more economic crisis it may become more difficult to recover those businesses or SMEs

This was a very enjoyable walk down memory lane (going through this post from the beginning). We all remember it well. And I sure do remember what my thoughts were as we were going through it.

I am hoping to revive this thread. Cause, actually, we’re only in the beginning of the inevitable changes that probably will occur in history, as we’re living it now.

This is like a documentation. Suppose someone went into a comma, in March. And just woke up now. The best way we could make this person understand what all that has happened, would be to go through this thread. Sure. Everyone lives in their own world. Many different scenarios would be playing out, but then again, many similar scenarios would be also (et…out of work). But globally speaking, the changes taken place just have to be monumental.

Can we continue on here? Like a month or two later now.

I’ll tell you one thing I have found extremely interesting. Is how initially how everyone thought there would be this V shape recovery, once everyone has gotten back to work. But in fact, the market made this come true, EVEN BEFORE ANYONE HAS! No one can truly say that we haven’t had this monstrous V shaped bullish market lately.

And what about that latest NFP report? I simply don’t believe it. Somethings wrong with the numbers.

Well, who am I, anyway. Maybe there’s a whole lot I just don’t get. But, I have a feeling that we’re not at the end of things. The economists have been saying that we didn’t fall into a bear market. Just a major correction in the present bull market (kind of like they all changed their minds from a couple months ago).

So…come on guys and gals. Throw out some more good videos, or articles to put the proper perspective that we are presently living in. Let’s continue this.

…Blackduck
…Trendswithbenefits
…Clint
…Falstaff
…TradingPanda
…forexforexforex
…Tommor
…Pippo

And anyone else!
Mike

2 Likes

This guy Lance Roberts makes my point.
The disconnect between the economy and the market.
Oh. And he gives some explanation of that NFP report. Interesting.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4353679-macroview-great-divide-stocks-and-economy?utm_medium=email&utm_source=seeking_alpha&mail_subject=lance-roberts-macroview-the-great-divide-between-stocks-and-the-economy&utm_campaign=rta-author-article&utm_content=link-1

The NFP was not a shock - bet if you look locally, are there not more people out, more traffic, and look closely more trucks and vans.

Yesterday a major retail chain re-opened in Ireland - Europe News “Penneys open as 100’s queue for hours”

There is the V - retail spending.

PenneysReopen

Btw the difference between the credit crisis and covad - answer is debt - there is not a squeeze on debt ( remember that a squeeze is applied to shorts - i.e. borrowers )

Money is still available, most governments are seeing to this, borrowing is cheap and printing will not create inflation like it did in the old days - so the infrastructure for recovery is intact.

Borrowing is cheap but that in itself creates a trap for both governments addicted to spending and those in the community with little to no ability to manage money who are happy to buy now and pay later.

Here in Australia a country of 25 million 1.4 million are suffering mortgage stress even in this climate of cheap money. Many live from credit card to credit card. Maxing out one credit card, refinancing to another credit card only to max that card out. The visious cycle of never ending debt can only end in complete disaster once interest rates start to rise, and they will eventually rise. This will see huge defaults and bankruptcies that could well dirve economies in a very long ressession or even depression.

Cheers

Blackduck

1 Like

Surprise surprise - Retail Spending in US better than expected :slight_smile:

Interesting take on that @peterma - But nowadays “borrowing” is pretty much the same as “printing money” - Since “Money” now has no real value and borrowing is simply - the “Lender” (Banks) in essence - typing numbers onto a spreadsheet.

“printing money” - does not actually mean running the Mint on overtime 24/7 - It simply means “typing numbers onto a spreadsheet”

The guy who invented “Paper money” was a fella named John Law ;

I have no reason to believe that the current MMT view of “Quantitative Easing” has any significant difference - either in principle or in fact from the same method used by John Law -

Although he Did have the excuse that it had not been tried before - whereas we don’t !