COT data to indicator

I check the Commitment of Traders (COT) reports on a regular basis to get information about the aggregate holdings of different participants in the US futures market. That’s all I know about it.

Ive tried downloading
The service is unavailable.
Thats the msg I get

1 Like

Same here, i hope someone updates this

The only indicators I use are RSI and MACD. I have tried using other indicators also but I didn’t get great results. As all these indicators show the same results but in a different way, I prefer using the ones that I can use without any hassle. That’s what you must also do.

Could you explain this further for a better idea here? More information about this would only help your case.

the link you posted is not directed towards the indicator, kindly review it.

I also use RSI. quite satisfied

what about trading view, does anyone know a proper COT indicator there? there are a lot there so i dont know which one to choose

1 Like

globusFx please i cant download your work please how do i go about it

How do you insert the indicator at the bottom?

Please, how do I get a COT on Mt5

For me, we are not all ex-politicians that have that brain capacity. We would we need a pretty big stop-loss anyway. As a swing trader this is not the right system for me. Waiting 3-6 months for a signal, I could be dead by then. You are not Larry Williams or Stephen Briese. Get over it.

Been in the same situation, desperate for an easy fix. Started putting effort in 2015, spent a year on the ‘real’ COT, didn’t work out, too long to test, back-test wasn’t great, ‘FUTURES MARKET’, need to flip the data. Quote Currencies are Base Currencies and vice versa, remember that! Oil is not COT, it is ICE. I am sure I was on a BabyPips COT thread somewhere. This is just an indicator and not the holy grail, all indicators probably work well with a proven system but that will need to suit your trading style and may take hard work to achieve. Fibo, RSI, Stochs, etc, work well with my system. I will test it on my kick-ass system and will reply to its progress in the future, it probably is ok, but I am a daily and 4 hour guy. Manchester Lad. Making pips baby, effort pays off :wink:

5 Likes

hey thanks for the info i have been able to access the platform, please i need to know the success rate of this, has it been effective in your trading?

Can some help me on how to calculate the commitment of traders

Please what does the blue, red and green lines of the COT indicator on timingcharts represent?

Start off having a read on this thread:

COT Report Analysis - a thread on market sentiment - Trading Discussion / News and Economy - BabyPips.com Forum

Edit: focus on comms - as Euro increases in value they sell - it’s just stock and as stock increases in value a business sells.

Then if they anticipate a change up ahead then they change tack and begin to buy (when it’s cheaper)
EUR Commitments of Traders (COT) reports and charts | Myfxbook

1 Like

Where is COT in this LINK ?

Does this indicator work on mt5